Ever Been Told That a Beauty Aid You Use Turns Off You Partner?

EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I always thought wearing curlers was a complete turn-off and I always tried to avoid wearing them when we were together. Which meant I would stay in the bedroom or back of the house until I took them out. He tried to convince me not only did he not mind but that he loved me for my curlers. What a hoot! He said he never thought he would be around a woman who would be natural for him again. So he loves me without makeup and in curlers. I've got a keeper.

OhWiseOne

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
The article is simply pointing out that too much or the wrong colors or style can be unattractive, and it's hawking a different product instead of whichever one you use. I use most of the things on the list, and I hope that I don't use them in an off-putting way, but I don't think that I do!

TheBF does one of those. I've been trying to get him to use just one spritz of his favorite scent, which I adore, instead of two. He's rejected my opinion because I have a very sensitive nose and can detect scents that he cannot, which constantly amazes him, say when I can identify ingredients in food, or find something in a room because I can smell it. Since he regards my nose to be particularly sensitive, he's rejected my opinion that he wears too much cologne.

Speaking of too much eye makeup, check out how beautiful Snooki looks without her eye makeup. She's stunning. She's usually a good example of too much eye makeup, too much fake tanner, and the wrong shade of lipstick. Those two photos look like they're of two different people!

IMO, this is how one does foundation, smokey eyes, tanned skin, and lip gloss right, if one was going to wear full faced makeup. Of course, it's been Photoshopped to perfection, but you get the idea.

More looks I like:
http://stuffkit.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/Scarlett-Johansson.jpg
http://img.wallpaperstock.net:81/beautiful-face-wallpapers_11213_1280x1024.jpg
http://www.cinemavoyage.com/images/angelina-jolie81.jpg
http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=369608.0;attach=406962;image (ridiculously over-photoshopped)
I agree with the Snooki comments. Much prettier without all the makeup.

The second example I like. She doesn't appear as over done.

rtg

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
All that stuff is really no surprise to me, cos I'm not too fond of any of those things either (sticky lipgloss, being the exception lol).

I think it all comes down too most men liking a woman who appears natural, as opposed to "made up" with a lot of makeup and whatnot. I prefer women to look like this too.

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
the boy hates my sunscreen.
love doesn't make freckles go away.
*rocks SPF100*

when i do rock make-up... the boy has muttered something like "raccoon with unipolar depression" under his breath.
*make up is drag, from cenobite geisha to zombie cabaret not something i wear to accent natural beauty. is all about masks and reinvention. is confined to costume parties, cons and club nights. occasional games of dress up :redface:*

Last edited:

Yeah, reflection. Whose idea of a fucked up joke was that? Not mine. Blame the other person, thing, it, whatever.

Tattooed Goddess

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
I have no problem attracting people who want to have sex with me based on what I look like outside of the bedroom. If someone found something I did unattractive they certainly don't make that known. I came across that article a few weeks back and thought, wow, someone has nothing better to do because most men wouldn't care if I came in with clown makeup and matted hair.

Sounds like a picky guy wrote the article. I thought it was garbage. Meh. I'll wear whatever I like and if they don't like it then lets hope they negotiate something I can have in exchange for changing myself up for them.

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
is not that men don't care Ms. Maddie, most dudes just know better than to say anything :smile:

from dating women.. i hate the smell of hair spray.
while positioning a woman to bury her face in a pillow is hot.. seeing your sex shroud on turin on my high-thread count pillowcase annoys me.
perfume and lipstick taste horrible.
i still don't understand wearing clothes you have to wash in toxic chemicals.
long nails make me jenny scared.
dark nail polish makes me think of dirty nails.
i like a tank top and terry cloth shorts more than most lingerie.
i really hate walking into the bathroom after you've set of a beauty care bomb *koff*
i'd rather a woman be on time than have just the right shoes to go with her bag
*that i'll end up carrying for most of the evening*

took me a few really pissed off women to learn to shut the fuck up about it.

Last edited:

Kotchanski

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
My husband dislikes makeup, in any amount, any and all jewellery, all tattoos, likes hair down, brushed and left untouched from that point on.

When we met, my hair was recovering from a delightful hot pink dye, I had around 23 piercings, and wouldn't even answer the phone without makeup on.

He didn't push me to change, but he made his feelings known and I took out the majority of the piercings, finally after a lot of work got my hair back to a somewhat natural state and stopped wearing makeup.

10 years on, I'm back up to 8 piercings, my natural blonde hair is now a lovely dark brown with a deep cherry red shine (henna'd once a month!) I've added a tattoo to the mix and wear makeup at least once a week.

D_Sandy_Krautch

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Everything we do should be done to please men. Didn't y'all know? As if. I give. A fuck. :rolleyes: When I was super fat I did the makeup every day, hair just so, everything coordinated thing. That was the only way I felt pretty because I could focus on all of that instead of the fact that I was huge and felt disgusting. Nowadays... It's gym clothes, jeans, or a comfy skirt and a tank top. My skin is always moisturized (cuz flaky is just unhealthy looking), my hair hasn't been colored since... I don't even know. I can't keep nail polish on. My toenails generally stay painted (whatever color I damn well please). I have calluses on my hands from lifting weights and I have bruises all over me from yoga and other random adventures. So, I've run the gamut. Never, ever, ever, EVER have I made those decisions based upon what I thought men would prefer. Never. And never have I had a man bitch, either. The fact that there's enough of an interested audience for that horseshit to be published makes me ill. The day men start putting the toilet seat down and stop clipping their goddamn toenails into the livingroom carpet is the day they have a right to gripe about fake eyelashes and loud nail polish. :disappointed:

someperson

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Some women over kill the makeup. It's like they dressed up as a clown.

The only makeup I use is

Axe hair gel and chap sick on my lips so they do not dry out.I have to be very careful what brand I buy other wise it might look like I have lipstick on. SO i just stick with original Burt's Bees Beeswax
I do not have thin lips like most white guys have.

Last edited:

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
is not that men don't care Ms. Maddie, most dudes just know better than to say anything :smile:
I think this is true. Clearly someone wouldn't be choosing a lipstick color or drawing their eyebrows that way if she didn't believe that it was attractive, so it's a sensitive topic to bring up. It's the same with my female friends. I know better than to say anything, even if I felt certain that a particular style change would be a major improvement. The only way I can think of that I could possibly encourage a change is if I suggested a makeover/spa date for fun together and a makeup artist made certain choices that convinced her to make a change after she saw the results. That idea just occurred to me. I've never done that and I wouldn't feel comfortable doing that. The only reason why I would actually invite anyone to do something like that would be if I thought that my friend would have a good time and I thought we would have fun together.

i hate the smell of hair spray.
I do too! I searched all over for one that didn't have that "hair spray" smell. I eventually found one, but it was heavily perfumed with a different scent and it wasn't a good hair spray. That's alright... I rarely use hair spray. It's just when I go to the trouble of actually putting my hair in rollers and setting it, which takes no less than two hours to do, I prefer if my hair actually stayed curly for the entire night. It takes a lot of effort to look like a pin-up girl. :tongue:

perfume and lipstick taste horrible.
i still don't understand wearing clothes you have to wash in toxic chemicals.
I haven't noticed lipstick tasting bad.

I always avoid wearing scents on my neck because of the taste issue. I love having my neck kissed. Ever since learning about pthalates, I've only been using essential oils to perfume myself and I've always preferred unscented products, but I adore CB I Hate Perfume and frequently used to wear scents that evoke memories for myself. And I thought the Musk scent was sexy.

This is a neat video of Charles Brosius talking about his scents. I really do love them, I just wish I knew if they were pthalate free or not, but I doubt he even knows since the FDA doesn't require that kind of labeling on ingredients, so it's not reported.

long nails make me jenny scared.
Mine, too. :eek:

Last edited:

OhWiseOne

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Hmmm makes me wonder what you thought of me, if anything. You saw my "beauty" regimen. Damn, saw me with no makeup at all. Yikes. But I keep it basic.
Yes I did. No I didn't have any issues with it. And lastly you didn't awake my sticky hair phobia as shown below. God this brings back memories of feeling like a bug stuck in a spiders web. :eek:
thumbnail.aspx

This might be considered over doing it.
thumbnail.aspx

spoon

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Everything we do should be done to please men. Didn't y'all know? As if. I give. A fuck. :rolleyes: When I was super fat I did the makeup every day, hair just so, everything coordinated thing. That was the only way I felt pretty because I could focus on all of that instead of the fact that I was huge and felt disgusting. Nowadays... It's gym clothes, jeans, or a comfy skirt and a tank top. My skin is always moisturized (cuz flaky is just unhealthy looking), my hair hasn't been colored since... I don't even know. I can't keep nail polish on. My toenails generally stay painted (whatever color I damn well please). I have calluses on my hands from lifting weights and I have bruises all over me from yoga and other random adventures. So, I've run the gamut. Never, ever, ever, EVER have I made those decisions based upon what I thought men would prefer. Never. And never have I had a man bitch, either. The fact that there's enough of an interested audience for that horseshit to be published makes me ill. The day men start putting the toilet seat down and stop clipping their goddamn toenails into the livingroom carpet is the day they have a right to gripe about fake eyelashes and loud nail polish. :disappointed:

:kiss: :dance: :banana: :biglaugh: :biggrin2: :arms: :biggerGrin: