Ever Drop Your Cell In The Toilet?

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by HellsKitchenmanNYC, May 31, 2009.

1. HellsKitchenmanNYC

Gold Member

Albums:
    This is the LAST thing I needed to happen today. i was getting in the shower and my cell went flying into the toilet. I immediately retrieved it and took out the battery and sim and shook it out. I looked online for recommendations and am following them. I hope my Razr works later! OUCH!

2. Joll

Gold Member

Albums:
    My bro dropped his SonyEricsson down the loo at work...was a bit funny for a day or two, but ok when everything dried out!

Good luck with yours dude. :p

3. Phil Ayesho

Gold Member

It happens a lot...

When a phone get wet, take the battery out immediately ( it could literally catch fire or explode otherwise )
    Take the plastic or metal casing as far apart as you reasonably can, and let the thing sit for several days to make sure every trace of water inside the workings has had ample time to evaporate.

Then put the battery back in and the casing back together.

8 times out of 10- it will work just fine.

4. B_Mademoiselle Rouge

ive dropped mine in a mop bucket and quickly retreived it, same thing happened with a couple other people i know. let it dry out in the sun really good and sometimes it will work again.

5. D_Jared Padalicki

D_Jared Padalicki Account Disabled

Mum washed a few times by accident her friend his cell in the washing machine, and after getting dry it worked again. But that was Nokia, mabe it depends from brand too brand.

6. lucky8

Gold Member

A toilet, a margarita, a puddle, and a swimming pool and my phone is still alive and kickin

7. vince

Gold Member

Albums:
    Not in the toilet, but in the bilge of my boat. I pried it open and rinsed it in fresh water. Then used a hairdryer on it. But when I tried it, it made a major light show on the screen. I let it sit for 3 days to get it throughly dry and it worked perfectly for a couple more years until it was replaced. It was the original Motorola flip phone, circa 1996.

8. B_Nick8

B_Nick8 New Member

New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
    I can't believe all this good luck with wet phones. I've dropped one in the toilet and spilled beer on another and in both cases they were fried. Luckily I carry insurance so they were replaced.

9. mako shark

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I've let my work phone and pagers fall in over the years!

10. DiscoBoy

Gold Member

11. B_Nick8

B_Nick8 New Member

12. DiscoBoy

Gold Member

Sperm makes me ejaculate.

13. Dorian_Gray

Gold Member

Albums:
    I had an i850 survive 3ft of water for 45 minutes, when I realized it was still clipped to my pants, I got it out and put it in a bowl of rice. Then I had my Red Blackberry Pearl that was submerged in Tequila, and it survived after drying off. And the blackberry had a very nice smell afterwards..lol

14. B_cigarbabe

B_cigarbabe New Member

Dropped my four day old iPhone in the toilet after I peed while walking in my sleep and talking to Nick8 for 4 hours! When I woke up after a few seconds and realized what happened I
    grabbed it quickly, took off the leather case opened it up, dried with a towel and it worked perfectly!
    However it was stolen the very next day!:mad:
    Nick and I had a good ewww and a laugh about it the next day!:biggrin1:
    cigarbabe:saevil:

15. transformer_99

Gold Member

I spilled pepsi on mine once. Carrying the soda in a wax cup, 44 oz version and I held it near the rim of the cup. In the other hand I had an opened gym bag. The top of the cup flexed and before I could do anything about it, the Razr at the bottom of the bag had been splashed and rested in a small puddle of pepsi and naturally it was turned on and ready for phone calls. I doubt anything got inside, but I turned it off immediately, wiped it down and opened the battery area and cleaned that area out. I also lubricated the hinge. It's been fine for just under a year. Soda I guess, is the worst, the sugar, the acids, but I was fortunate.

BTW, I also have a protective shell on it too, but that seemed to only trap the fluid in between the shell and phone case ? But it may have kept even more fluid from seeping in directly by soaking it without a protective cover ?

16. naughty

Gold Member

OMG yes! While it was still attached to the charger no less. I am surprised the house didnt catch on fire. Needless to say I needed a new Razor phone as well as a new charger...

17. ScorpioSlut

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I've dropped several Sony Ericcsons as well as Razr in various liquids over the years. They've all turned out just fine. The one that took the longest to recover was a SE of some type that actually did get dropped in a toilet. It took like 5 or 6 days of drying before it was back to normal. Hopefully it will work out for ya.

18. HellsKitchenmanNYC

Gold Member

Albums:
    I put the battery back in and thot I dodged a real bullet this time. Hooray it worked and then got all funky and the screen went black. I'm letting it dry out some more. Damn I hope this works I cannot afford a new phone right now! And of course someone in the building called me about buying my other laptop and I can't call her back now. Oh poo!

19. B_Nick8

B_Nick8 New Member

I completely forgot to tell you that Emmy called me a few weeks ago and left a conversation between you and her, about 10 minutes long, on my answering machine! You finally realized it and hung up the phone but I don't think you had any idea who she'd been talking to! :biggrin1:

20. HellsKitchenmanNYC

Gold Member

Albums:
    Just an FYI in case it happens to your Razr...it took 2 days for my phone to work as usual and just today the camera started working again so I guess I finally did dodge that bullet. PHEW!

Draft saved Draft deleted