Ever feel like a movie character

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by trentster, Nov 27, 2008.

1. trentster

trentster New Member

Albums:
    I was watching the 40 Year Old Virgin today and the only thing I could think was, "The only way I could be more like Andy was if I was 20 years older." It's kinda sad when I think about it now, even though I never had a problem with my virginity. Granted I don't have friends like he does, and I'm kinda glad I don't, but I have a feeling I would have the same trouble with everything he does. Of course, with my luck I have to be like an interesting (but loserish) character instead of someone awesome like John McClane.

Anyone else ever notice a huge similarity between themselves and a character?

2. prince_will

Gold Member

Albums:
    Tom Ripley (Matt Damon) in The Talented Mr. Ripley

He so desperately wanted to be accepted, loved and to be able to share his "basement" of secrets with someone special. I think anyone who watches the movie will feel drawn to Tom Ripley and can see pieces of him in themselves.

I'm not a social-climbing killer though. :p

and on a side note, after watching the Truman Show with Jim Carrey, i was paranoid for a little while wondering if my life could be a TV sow and i didn't know it. lolol...

3. killerb

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I love this question...lemme think about it & get back to you...

4. cocktoberfest

cocktoberfest New Member

Yes, my life is exactly like olivia newton john in xanadu. I'm always appearing unexpectedly in rollerskates and fulfilling peoples dreams of opening cheesy nightclubs. then zeus sternly reminds me that I should not fall in love with mortals. weird!

5. nudeyorker

Gold Member

Loved the question. Thought it over for about a half hour and could not come up with a thing. There are several movies that I would not mind visiting for a week or so...but that's another question.

Draft saved Draft deleted