Ever Give your Number to a Complete Stranger (in a public setting)?

D_vtrr56sew

Just Browsing
Media
Riding the subway in NY, or just walking down the street for that matter, it's not uncommon for me to lock eyes with a guy I find attractive.

Something I've thought about is dropping my number to a guy randomly. Obviously I'd have to make strong eye contact and get a real gay vibe. For example, I sat across from a gay couple in their 40's on Saturday on the train. The one guy was checking me out and stared at me for a good amount of time. Then he started to rub his partner's upper body in a kind of discrete way. I thought he was sending me a little message.

Anyway, not that I would have given my number to this guy, it's just something that intrigues me that I think I'll do one day. I mean I'd only do it when I get up for my stop or the other guy does. That way, there'd be no confrontation of any sort and he'd be able to just call me if he wanted to, or not. Maybe I'll write down my name and number on a piece of paper and keep it in my wallet handy. :wink:

So, has anyone ever done this? What happened?

D_Harry_Crax

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I have a friend in Washington DC who does this regularly. Usually he hears nothing, but sometimes he gets a call. He thinks of it as "playing the numbers"--the more guys he gives his number out to, the more likely one of them will call.

Also, NYCman, you may give me your number anytime.

silvertriumph2

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay

I live in NYC too...and I have in the past done it, but not too many times. Most of the time it was on the subway, in a bar, or in Central Park.

I did it once to a guy, after many days traveling to and from work in the same car together and looking at each other. We began to wait for each other before taking a train, and eventually started giving little smiles and nods of good morning.

So, I thought it was stupid to continue it and figured it was time to act, so when I got off one day I handed him a piece of paper. He called about 10 minutes after I got home and we met that night for dinner. We are still friends to this day...

But, I think it prudent to be careful...

mikebm4wm

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I JUST did this...while getting my hair cut today this guy comes in and while getting his hair cut I noticed he would make eye contact in the mirror with me a few times...so I asked my stylist for pen and paper which I wrote : just a compliment if nothing else but handsome guy...signed my name and number ...gave it to my stylist to give to his stylist to give to him...not expecting anything to come of it but nothing ventured nothing gained and trying to be MORE proactive these days !!!

EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I have, but I'm sort of forward that way. There definitely is a double standard, because when a total stranger gives me his number I would have immediately put up my defense walls. I've actually done it twice. The first was a very nice dinner and drinks, my treat, of course. Nothing more. The second was a phone call explaining how flattered he was but he was married. I waited for him to say "but..." but it never came. I thought "lucky woman."

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
yep. have given out my number and have gotten numbers.

i do give out the junk number, a number i keep updated to wherever i am living at the time. so the number gets changed with relocation.

very few people get the "real" phone number.

D_Kitten_Kaboodle

Account Disabled
Media
I've never given my number to a complete stranger.

Too many weirdos, out there.

agree.... but I've given my number to folks I have met online many times... but the number actually belongs to FancyPants.... It's her play phone... just in case she runs across a stalker or weirdo that wants to track her down... can't be done. Play phones (prepaid kind with no paper trail) are wonderful for this type of "sexcapade"

D_Tim McGnaw

Account Disabled
Media
Yeah I've given out my number to plenty of perfect strangers, not my land line of course, only my mobile.

Sometimes it's led to hookups and fun other times to friendship. I met one of my exes that way too.

I don't give my number out to strangers on the interwebz though, it's got to be a flesh and blood encounter.

D_Percy_Prettywillie

Account Disabled
Media
I did this once! Alright, I had a really rough day at work and I decided I was going to stop at the first place I found on the way home that served alcohol. Just my luck, it was the Olive Garden (yuck.) Well, I got jolly well smashed, but before I did I noted that my server was very cute. He was curvy in all the right places, tall, and had the best complexion and most beautiful features I'd seen in a while. I decided that when he brought the bill I'd write my number on it and tell him to call me. That was one of those "What have I got to lose" days. I did it and took a cab home.

I forgot about it until about a week later I got a text message saying "Hey, this is Tyler from the Olive Garden." I was very excited. We got together that night for coffee. Unfortunately for me, Tyler turned out to be an 18 year old finishing his last semester of high school. He certainly did not look that young. I estimated he was my age or older (before I got so drunk that it wouldn't have mattered.)

That was a deal breaker for me so I never saw him again and avoid the Olive Garden like grim death (not that I needed an excuse for that anyway.) I will say I was proud of myself for overcoming that fear of rejection and just going for it and then not being rejected made it all the sweeter. It's not the sort of thing I think I could do regularly though. It takes a particularly inspiring stranger to illicit that sort of response I think.

JSZ

B_crackoff

Experimental Member
Media
A few years ago -I saw a woman on a train - she was with her sisters- she gave me eye contact - I followed her to the toilet - & we literally rode the tracks together. Turned out she didn't have a phone!

A couple of years before that, when I was late teens, 2 lithe teenage girls (one full on, one quite shy)came down the train, bothering & sitting on the laps of the gentlemen seated.

Not being the jealous type when it came to new fun, I waited till they came to me, & got off with the full on one. They invited me off. I said no. Then the shy one came on to me. I got off, & was with them both.
#
I miss certain days of my youth:frown1: There are always more stories of failure than adventure - but you've got to put yourself out there if you ever want new experiences & fun!

Last edited:

art

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Sure, done it a few times & gotten numbers in return. Sometimes it works, sometimes not. I've also BlueToothed 'em my "business card" contact a few times. (My current gf and I met this way on a crowded bus. The story's in LPSG somewhere.) For strangers (no matter how cute or sexy), I give out only the cell number. We've got to be really good friends before I hand out the unlisted landline number. I'll put you on my speed dial you before I'll give you the landline.