Ever met a celebritie(s)?

likeitmatters: while I worked in rockville centre, named Dee snider and The late lyle alzardo<believe he had nothing to show except his ego>Tony Danza...really short and the whole Jets Football team. I worked at a sporting goods store at that time.

And lastly I met and waited on Howard Stern...I am only 5 7 and I felt short next to most of these guys..LOL :D

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
The Billy Bob Thornton one looks like he was in a commercial. The Ben Affleck and Angelina Jolie ones are obvious fakes.

dfox7.3x5: Only a few of you will remember these names:

Singer/actress from the '40s and '50s came to my small hometown to visit her father now and then. Jane Powell. She was very nice to a skinny, pimply kid from the local newspaper.

Sebastian Cabot, in a mystery TV series in the 60s, spent a night in the same town (can't imagine why), and the motel owner called the paper early the next day. I caught him as he tried to leave. He was nice enough but obviously wanted to leave, so I thanked him and he left.

Hanley Stafford, a name NOBODY will remember, but he played the father to Fanny Bryce, "Baby Snooks," on radio and later TV. He also camped out in a crummy motel in that same town. Another call from the motel owner and I got to meet him. The story of Fanny Bryce was filmed as "Funny Girl" with Barbra Streisand, and she won an Oscar for her performance.

I spent 35 years with an urban newspaper and never met as many celebrities as I did when I worked in my hometown, pop. 35,000.

Mr._dB

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I meet minor musical celbrities all the time in my work. I'll rattle off a short laundry list of people that most of you have probably not heard of unless you read Guitar Player Magazine:

Richard Thompson, Frank Black, Janis Ian, Joan Baez, Ritchie Havens, Del McCoury, Dixie Chicks (before they were famous...), John Entwistle, Jordan Knight :D, Rick Derringer, Ronnie Montrose, Bernie Worrel, Jay Farrar, Stanley Jordan, Zakk Wylde, Ted Nugent, Jerry Cantrell, Warren Haynes, Soulfly, The Meat Puppets, Krist Novocelic of Nirvana, Levon Helm, Jimmy Thackery, Tab Benoit, Crowbar, Clutch, Jerry Jeff Walker, Leo Kottke...

mindseye: [quote author=jonb link=board=meetgreet;num=1081125411;start=20#21 date=04/06/04 at 19:48:47]The Billy Bob Thornton one looks like he was in a commercial. The Ben Affleck and Angelina Jolie ones are obvious fakes.[/quote]

Not for me to say if they're faked or not, but many of the photographs are backwards.

It's easiest to tell on the Angelina Jolie shot where the lettering on the "WCW" cap is reversed. It's also easy to tell on the Ben Affleck shot if you're familiar with the "Kinky's" t-shirt design.

Less obviously, there's a small mole that's on Happysucks's left cheek that moves to his right cheek in some photos. Also, mens' clothing almost always buttons right-to-left; presumably the red-blue-and-green polo shirt did too before it was reversed.

I don't want to suggest that the photos are all fakes, but Happysucks's claim that the only thing he did was crop them doesn't hold up.

happysucks: I was thinking of ways to better show the photos and if I took a cam shot of me holding the photos you would just say it was me holding photos I photoshopped and printed out.

Can't win how ever I try it so take it for what you want.

mindseye: Drop the attitude for a moment. These were your own words:

[quote author=happysucks link=board=meetgreet;num=1081125411;start=0#16 date=04/05/04 at 14:41:52]sorry to pop your bubble of quick clames to cry fake the only thing photoshop did to these photos was to crop them[/quote]

I wasn't calling you for faking the photos -- really, anyone who was trying to fake these photos would have found a picture in which Ben Affleck didn't look like a wax mannequin.

But I think it's entirely fair to call you out for claiming to have done no content manipulation other than cropping when that's obviously not the case.

wvalady1968: And, Happy, you can't get up early enough in the morning to get ahead of Heath.

hungcuriousNC: Happy, don't worry about them... You were nice enough to atleast post them, photo shopped or not (which I believe they are authentic!). The point being that no matter where you go, there's always going to be opposition on something! Thanks again for sharing.

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
Well, most of us have learned all about PhotoShop tricks after having seen so many fake dick pics. So don't be surprised that we knew about it.

B_DoubleMeatWhopper

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Back to meeting celebrities ... How could I have forgotten? At the national Rocky Horror Picture Show 25th anniversary celebration in 2000, I met Tim Curry, Susan Sarandon, Barry Bostwick, Richard O'Brien, (Little) Nell Campbell, Meatloaf and Jonathan Adams!

Reactions: SmokedPython

christopherrose: yeah, i have met heaps of celebs, but then i worked as a magazine photographer for 12 years. The pics are a good photoshop job. I'll show my ignorance, i don't know the guy in the second pic. However a simple observation is, his shadow from his face falls on his left shoulder. Yours falls to your right shoulder. Perhaps there were 2 suns that day. But wtf you are a way hot guy.

monsternmypant

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
MMMMM... you're fuckin adorable!!! Being just outside of DC and now working PT in a high-powered law/lobbying firm, I've met a lot of political celebs since junior high but haven't really given a shit til the last couple of years...

Bush I and II
Dick
John Kerry
Ted Kennedy
Bill and Hill
Al and Tip

Favorite, though, is a local weather guy whom I see in the gym locker room frequently--very friendly, nice body and huge cock!

dancinfool: i met Kelis a few nights ago (singer of the all too famous "Milkshake" song) at the britney spears concert where she was signing autographs (i went to look after my friend's little sister who wanted to go). She was actually really nice, which suprising since i expected her to be a major whore.... not only does she sing the milkshake song, but she also sang a song called "lets get it on in public"....