• No but I might in the future

Votes: 65 21.2%

• Total voters

stlguy112000

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I've used CL a lot & have met some good people for the most part, even tho I'm very cautious & discreet, not promiscuous. You just have to use your instincts & your head. My method:

1. Always a couple of rounds of e-mails to find out if you're compatible & looking for the same thing. However, don't get bogged down in e-mails, try to meet soon, cause it's easy to lose "momentum" & all of a sudden its 2 weeks later & you haven't met & it fizzles out.
2. Exchange phone numbers if you're both comfortable with it, & a cell phone that no one else will answer; as opposed to a home phone that somone else could answer, or an answering machine could pick up, depending on your family/partner situation.
3. Make the first meet in a public place or on a parking lot, (I never give them my home address till I feel they're safe), 10-15 mins. maybe, to talk check each other out, see if you're still compatible; & I never guarantee any "action" on the first meet, in case one of you wants to pass, you never know. If they're too anxious or want to come over right now, huge red flags, forget it, those aren't my kind of people.
4. Follow-up later to see if they're sill interested & if so, set up a meeting for some fun.
5. Write an ad that will get you the type of person you're looking for, i.e. if you're lookig for safe, sane, discreet, write an ad that wil convey that & appeal to that type person.
6. I have brought a can of mace to the first "action" meeting just in case. Or if you know someone you can share this with, tell them the details so they can check on you after a period of time, like maybe call you in a half hour to see if you're ok.

I've met some very decent people with this approach.

Any comments on my method?

wappingite

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I used CL for all kinds of things from selling furniture and exercise equipment to finding sex. It seems to attract from a wider-range of society than most sites, so you get all types from the curious on the down low to the very experienced. I like it because it's very direct and says "right now", instead of a stale profile that just still there.

The use really varies though from city to city. Where I am now isn't so great for CL.

EboniGoddess

Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I've been looking at Craigslist...again. I'm in Baltimore and I haven't gotten laid in a while. They all seem a bit creepy. I work out of state and there's no luck where I currently work to find a guy. I must have bad luck on craigslist or something.

Lakeshore

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
No. Have come close with a couple women but it fell flat. A few men asked if I'd bottom and I haven't as of yet. Maybe one of these days.

D

deleted405852

I answered a Casual Encounters post on Sunday & after emailing back and forth we decided to meet up at their place since it wasn't too far from where I was currently located. She send me her address & when I got to her apartment I looked up the name that was on the buzzer, I added it to my phone & texted the info to a friend.

This was my first Craigslist experience and it went well. We talked for a while about music while we drank red wine and we got flirtier and more open about what we wanted until we couldn't wait anymore. We went to the bedroom, stripped off our clothes, started kissing each other and we went at it.

After the hookup we ended up talking and drinking some more which led to more kissing and fooling around. I don't t think most hookups end this way, I was half expecting to fuck and leave, but she didn't really want me to. Needless to say, we exchanged numbers and we plan to meet again.

I am now chatting away with a girl that wants a FWB, we've talked and we seem to get along, so lets see what happens. A couple in my age range that I'm meeting with this weekend, the bf & I seem to have the same sense of humor and we'll see if his girl likes me in person. And an older couple wants to meet with me for drinks at a bar to see how we vibe.

I was actually posting tickets for a Leafs game on CL for a friend when I got curious about what people posted on Casual Encounters and now here I am 6 days later meeting & hooking up with people (well 1 person so far).

Either way, tread lightly, use your wits and be upfront about what you want.

I've been considering it recently. I'm kinda of scared though. Most of the men on there are way older than me and the ones that are my age seem kind of creepy. If I did meet someone from craigslist I would want their name, address and phone number just to be safe. Hopefully a descent guy posts an ad.

D

deleted405852

You've pretty much got it down to a science. Good info.

I've used CL a lot & have met some good people for the most part, even tho I'm very cautious & discreet, not promiscuous. You just have to use your instincts & your head. My method:

1. Always a couple of rounds of e-mails to find out if you're compatible & looking for the same thing. However, don't get bogged down in e-mails, try to meet soon, cause it's easy to lose "momentum" & all of a sudden its 2 weeks later & you haven't met & it fizzles out.
2. Exchange phone numbers if you're both comfortable with it, & a cell phone that no one else will answer; as opposed to a home phone that somone else could answer, or an answering machine could pick up, depending on your family/partner situation.
3. Make the first meet in a public place or on a parking lot, (I never give them my home address till I feel they're safe), 10-15 mins. maybe, to talk check each other out, see if you're still compatible; & I never guarantee any "action" on the first meet, in case one of you wants to pass, you never know. If they're too anxious or want to come over right now, huge red flags, forget it, those aren't my kind of people.
4. Follow-up later to see if they're sill interested & if so, set up a meeting for some fun.
5. Write an ad that will get you the type of person you're looking for, i.e. if you're lookig for safe, sane, discreet, write an ad that wil convey that & appeal to that type person.
6. I have brought a can of mace to the first "action" meeting just in case. Or if you know someone you can share this with, tell them the details so they can check on you after a period of time, like maybe call you in a half hour to see if you're ok.

I've met some very decent people with this approach.

Any comments on my method?

3664shaken

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Yes, won't say how many, but the vast majority have been positive experiences. However I screen them for a while and make sure they have what I am looking for. Plus since I travel a lot it helps me when out of town.

EboniGoddess

Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I answered a Casual Encounters post on Sunday & after emailing back and forth we decided to meet up at their place since it wasn't too far from where I was currently located. She send me her address & when I got to her apartment I looked up the name that was on the buzzer, I added it to my phone & texted the info to a friend.

This was my first Craigslist experience and it went well. We talked for a while about music while we drank red wine and we got flirtier and more open about what we wanted until we couldn't wait anymore. We went to the bedroom, stripped off our clothes, started kissing each other and we went at it.

After the hookup we ended up talking and drinking some more which led to more kissing and fooling around. I don't t think most hookups end this way, I was half expecting to fuck and leave, but she didn't really want me to. Needless to say, we exchanged numbers and we plan to meet again.

I am now chatting away with a girl that wants a FWB, we've talked and we seem to get along, so lets see what happens. A couple in my age range that I'm meeting with this weekend, the bf & I seem to have the same sense of humor and we'll see if his girl likes me in person. And an older couple wants to meet with me for drinks at a bar to see how we vibe.

I was actually posting tickets for a Leafs game on CL for a friend when I got curious about what people posted on Casual Encounters and now here I am 6 days later meeting & hooking up with people (well 1 person so far).

Either way, tread lightly, use your wits and be upfront about what you want.

Wow! You're so lucky! I've had no luck

D

deleted405852

Oh I might have another meeting for lunch. One of the things I've learnt is that men are easy, getting and keeping a woman's attention, especially online is hard. Just be yourself, respond how you would normally & trust your wits.

Its too bad we're not in the same area.
Wow! You're so lucky! I've had no luck

Last edited by a moderator: