Ever wonder what vibe you give off?

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by pleasureboy, Jun 21, 2010.

1. pleasureboy

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I was out last night in the quarter with some friends doing the Sunday evening loop of the gay bars. Everywhere we went the guys who were with me kept telling me that everyone was checking me out. Yet, not a single guy actually came up to talk to me all night!

This tends to be the story almost every time I go out. Just about every guy (and if I go to a straight bar, some of the guys and almost al the women) eye me up and down all night. Sometimes, even the exchanged looks and smiles and all, but almost never does anyone actually come up and say hello.

It makes me wonder if I'm giving off some sort of weird vibe or something? It'd be different if nobody seemed interested, but when I notice and everyone I'm with notices it to the point of saying that people are consistently checking me out, it makes me wonder where the FAIL is occurring?

Does this happen to anyone else?

2. crescendo69

Gold Member

Its better than being ignored completely..

Maybe your good looks intimidate them. Perhaps you should be the one to initiate things with others.

#2 crescendo69, Jun 21, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2010
  3. xemnasfury21

xemnasfury21 New Member

Albums:
    I always find the idea of how others see you to be quite interesting. It's easy to get hung up on it especially when it's something you can't change in many circumstances.

I agree with trying to initiate things yourself, if you are getting eyed up you can't be doing too much wrong ;)

4. incubus08

incubus08 New Member

Albums:
    I've always wondered this with me and women. I always seem to get filtered into that friend zone and I assume it's because girls are so comfortable around me. Maybe I don't seem like the one night stand type (im not) but I hate it when girls are checking me out but never stay long enough for me to talk to them.

5. pleasureboy

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Yeah I guess I should be the one who initiates, but although I am really outgoing and confident overall, I have to admit I'm a bit shy when it comes to actual relationship type stuff. Probably doesn't hurt that the gay scenes still make me a bit uncomfortable... who knows.

I'm really not the one night stand type either, and honestly guys who just talk to someone from a looks standpoint alone kinda seem a bit weird to me. But I have to say, I wouldn't mind the option for just some random fun presenting itself more often lol!

6. Mr_Bulldog

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I tend to be given a wide berth because apparently I give off a physically intimidating posture and look even though it is never my intention. I try to smile a lot to shed of some of it and yet am still ignored by many.

7. HiddenLacey

Gold Member

Albums:
    I have had several guys tell me after they met me at a later time that they were always interested in me from the beginning but they thought I wouldnt be interested in them. I hear the same thing from my friends when we go out, that people are checking me out. I guess I just don't notice it. Maybe some of us give off an unapproachable vibe without meaning too?

8. LittleDicky

Gold Member

As Mae West said, "It's better to be looked over than overlooked." :smoker:

9. incubus08

incubus08 New Member

Albums:
    I think so. I had asked my girlfriend if she didn't know me at all and saw me walking down the street would she talk to me, and she said no. On top of her being really shy she says I'm a bit intimidating, which I can understand. Although I'm not tall people seem to be afraid of me, and only after they've known me for a while will they understand that I am probably the least aggressive of all my friends and I actually hate confrontation. I make friends easily but I always have to find a common ground amongst people which is usually laughter.

Pleasureboy I agree, although I'm not the type to go out looking for O.N.S. I would love it if the opportunity were to prevent itself more often lol.

10. alx

alx
    Gold Member

Apparently according to the vast majority of my friends I give off a 'gay' vibe. I've ask people to explain what they mean but they can't, they just say its a vibe. not a bad vibe just a vibe.

This might explain the reason why I get eyed-up by guys a fair amount, also older females 35-55 seem to get keen when im out on the town.

Don't know if theres such a thing as vibes but some people do tend to attract a certain crowd more than others would.

11. HiddenLacey

Gold Member

Albums:
    Lol so are you saying I'm intimidating too? GREAT, that has always been my goal:tongue: Just kidding! It will always be a puzzle to me:cool: I guess when you combine male shyness and female goofiness one of us is not going to notice the other!

12. B_1youngboy

B_1youngboy New Member

It doesn't matter much to me tho, my friends love going out with me to any location - even the mall and all they do is tell me about the number of girls looking at me. My friends even say some girls are touching their friends telling them to check me out etc ..The worst thing about it, they (my friends) want me to talk with eveeeeeeeery female who looks at me..These guys aren't willing to let some girls go by, i'm like I can't talk to all these girls okay ? and I don't have the time to be spending hours speaking to a million different women. It's so disgusting.

I know for a fact i'm not easily approachable, I am 6'5 big and tall..I look like I work out but I don't...I don't smile much unless i'm like talking someone and making a joke..If a female is near by me while im enjoying life with my friends they will realize how easy it is to speak to me.

The most frequent question I get asked is " you're not going to give me your number and take mine ?" ..then i'm like oh yeah, i'm sorry I wasn't sure you wanted to keep intouch. The fact is it doesn't matter how many females may like me or look at me, there is a good chance I have zero interest in them for a number of reasons. The biggest reason I just can't add another person in my life.

13. dolfette

Gold Member

pboy, looking at your pic, you look very alpha. like you'd make a move if you were interested.

how are you holding yourself? crossed arms make you seem closed off, an open smile makes you seem open, etc.

14. dolfette

Gold Member

my vibes? aloof & confident.

15. pleasureboy

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    yeah I do get told I come off as super alpha. I also tend to give off a straight vibe. And I'm a pretty big guy (not tall, just sorta built). I don't really understand why I come off as intimidating or whatever though, because I'm super laid back and nice. Who knows.

16. wallyj84

Gold Member

I think my vibes are generally unconfident and cold.

I think I sometimes give off a serial killer vibe as well, but I'm not sure.

In my final year of college, I gave off a gay vibe somehow.

17. pleasureboy

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Hey if anyone wants to chat, pm me. I'd love to hear from someone who's recognized and resolved this, or maybe someone who could give me some insight on why I might be coming off as unapproachable.

18. green carnation

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    and in your other post you comment that all white, persian and asian women ignore you!

#18 green carnation, Jun 21, 2010
  19. B_RedDude

B_RedDude New Member

Sounds like this guy might think too much of himself. See his thread about snobby white, asian, and persian women.

http://www.lpsg.org/189594-why-is-it-some-women.html

Maybe his member name says it all.

#19 B_RedDude, Jun 21, 2010
  20. D_Petherick_Poundlouder

Always. I get a mix bag of people looking at me, and I never know why.

Draft saved Draft deleted