Everybody Take A Deep Breath

B_Spladle

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I just got off the phone with my dad perhaps five seconds ago. My stepmother has had a stroke. This is her second one. She had her first one nine years ago. Now, this is a woman who runs marathons on a regular basis. She's in better cardiovascular shape than I am. She's one of the nicest people I know. She and my dad got married when I was five. Really, she's way more of a mother to me than my actual one. Apparently the left side of her body is completely paralyzed. So, I'm shivering and having trouble breathing. I feel light-headed, even. They think she's going to make a full recovery but shit like this just shouldn't happen to people. Not in real life.

I won't think about her anymore, because I'm scared that she will not get all the way better, and that makes me want to cry. Instead, I will focus on myself.

I'll appreciate any and all well-wishing that I get in this thread or my inbox, but just in case, don't worry about me. I'll be fine. I just need to go do something exhausting and mindless like see how much I can leg press. I'll be sure to post results when I get back.

I was planning on catching up on all the shit I'd missed in the past week before I went to the gym, but I don't really feel up to it now. I'd like to state for the record that I really like it here. A lot of you poster-boys I enjoy hearing from. Keep it real, dawgs. I'm out.

sares

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
take care of you and your family Spladle. Best of luck to your mom.

dongalong

Mythical Member
Media
NineInchCock_160IQ said:
So sorry to hear about this Spladle... I remember when my grandma had a stroke that scared the shit out of me. Here's to hoping your stepmom meets with a full and speedy recovery....
Same thing happened to my grandma.
I hope your mom's fitness will help her to recover faster.

diego

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Sorry dude, i hope she'll get better soon. That happened to my father when i was 15, it's was a terrible time for my family, He had to change 4 cardiac arteries from leg's veins in a 6 hours open heart surgery. In a few months he became brend new. Don't worry too much your stepmother problaby is a stronger woman.

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
Don't be afraid, Chase. She's in good hands. Please try to give her all the support you can for you can be sure she'd be there for you if it were the other way around.

She, and you, are in my prayers.

Matthew

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Wow, so sorry to hear this, man. It never ceases to suck when bad things happen to good people. I agree with what others have said - the best thing you can do for her is take care of yourself.

Ummagumma

Experimental Member
Media
So sorry to read that Chase... these things are never easy to endure, but remember, there are many who will keep your stepmother, and you, in their hearts during this tough time. Pecker and the others have said it better than I could... She is in good hands, and being by her side now is the most important thing you can do for her - letting her know how important she is to you, to the world, will ease the healing process for her and will strengthen your relationship together even more.

And it's good that you decided to get out of the house, away from the computer right now. Doing something you love, or at the very least something which you've used as an escape in the past, can be such a great help to ease a troubled mind. And we all love your character and reading your posts too, but lpsg can wait for now... you need to be with your family, with those in your life that are most important to you...

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
This happened to my mother, too, Chase.
We'll all be thinking of you.
If the medical people say her prognosis is good, take some comfort in that. They have no reason to give you false faith.
Like everyone else has said, take care of yourself.
And take care of your dad, as far as you can.

jeff black

Expert Member
Media
And, I add my feelings of support as well, Chase. If you get the chance, make sure you try and see her. You will feel better, and she will appreciate it alot.:smile:

Isabella

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Nothing is worse than when someone we love becomes ill...

Your stepmom sounds like an awesome woman and I'm sure you've been a good son to her.

Take care of yourself.