Everything Seemingly Is Spinning Out of Control

lucky8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Dude, you forgot to mention the year 2012, when the Earth, the sun, and the center of the universe will align and it will be the end of time! (according to the Mayans and Nostradamus at least)lol

No but really, if you think about it, 2012 is an election year, by then Iran and North Korea will probably have nukes, the "war on terror" will have spun WAY out of control, especially when we pull out of Iraq, a hurricane hits Houston, oil prices soar to absolutely absurd prices, a world holy war for natural resources ensues.

Here's how it's goin down...
YouTube - End Of Ze World

Last edited:

1BiGG1

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Reagan didn't take office until the 80s.

You originally mentioned the 70’s and I commented on Jimmy Carter as part of the 70's, not Ronald Reagan, please stop confusing the two.

As to the, "Don't Tread On Me," thing. Reagan made a huge mistake by pulling out of Lebanon following the Marine bombing. It sent a message to the paramilitary groups that the US is weak and can be defeated in the middle east if the US suffers casualties. bin Laden pointed out, quite rightly, that this is how the withdrawal from Beirut was interpreted throughout the region. It set a poor precedent which was then unwisely followed by Bush and Clinton.

And there was a little more to the Lebanon story then you are alluding too!

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Reagan Orders Marines out of Beirut, Following Collapse of Lebanese Cabinet[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Following the collapse of the government of President Amin Gemayel and intensified fighting between the Lebanese army and Moslem militiamen in Beirut, President Reagan announced Feb. 7 that the U.S. Marine contingent in Beirut would be withdrawn to ships offshore. At the same time, Reagan authorized military commanders to launch air strikes and artillery bombardments against Syrian-controlled positions that fired on Beirut. On Feb. 8, American warships mounted a nine-hour artillery barrage against pro-Syrian militia positions, in what was described as the largest U.S. naval action since the Vietnam War. Previously, Reagan had vigorously resisted congressional pressure to withdraw the Marines, so his announcement took Washington by surprise.Given little warning of Reagan's decision, Britain and Italy announced their own plans to withdraw peacekeeping troops from embattled Lebanon.[/FONT]​

Complete story here: Reagan Orders Marines Out of Lebanon

tiggerpoo

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Oh well, with all this trouble brewing and the end apparently in sight simply means that I'm going to make love to my gorgeous sexy gf with all my heart and soul day in and day out as if the end is coming. Don't want to miss a single opportunity. :wink::smile::biggrin1:

1BiGG1

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Dude, you forgot to mention the year 2012, when the Earth, the sun, and the center of the universe will align and it will be the end of time! (according to the Mayans and Nostradamus at least)lol

No but really, if you think about it, 2012 is an election year, by then Iran and North Korea will probably have nukes, the "war on terror" will have spun WAY out of control, especially when we pull out of Iraq, a hurricane hits Houston, oil prices soar to absolutely absurd prices, a world holy war for natural resources ensues.

Here's how it's goin down...
YouTube - End Of Ze World

Nostradamus like the bibles can be interpreted into anything you wanna make it, but the Mayans now, that’s an interesting missing part of history! Let’s hope their calendar ended in 2012 only because they ran outta rock and not something more sinister. Of course, since they vanished without a trace maybe they are just letting us know the same spaceship that picked them up will be making a return trip in 2012 for the rest of us! Hope I get an outside cabin with a hot guy if that’s the case! :smile:

BTW: Your link was hilarious! :cool:

midlifebear

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I'll agree with you there Mem save for that bit about airline deregulation. That was, and is, an unmitigated disaster for the flying public.

Els, my boy, you've hit upon one of those points where I'm the biggest hypocrite. I, too, believe deregulation of the airlines was one of the biggest mistakes made in the last 30 years. But that's because I've always been able to afford an airline ticket to anywhere. I now make it a point to avoid US air carriers at all cost. The smell of an American Airline, Northwest Airline, Continental, or Delta plane is like that of a dog kennel. They are the filthiest planes I've been on. Better to fly British Air, LAN, Air France KLM whenever possible. Hell, even Aerolinas Argentina, which has probably the oldest fleet of equipment flying in the world, smells clean and fresh. No napkins or crackers stuffed in the back of the seats, and the flight crew treat you as if you are a real person. Long gone are the days of a comfortable flight when attendants treated passengers like people rather than subhuman cattle. :frown1:

Yeah, when it comes to air travel, I'm a major snob.

Yes, the world is in a head dive.

Yeah but what’s different this time around is we have a Ronald Reagan type in the White House and not a Obama Carter, oops, I mean Jimmy Carter type.

YOU raised the ghost of Ronald Reagan, not me. The only way Reagan and Bush are similar is that they belong to the same party and even that is debatable in my book. Reagan would be ashamed to even be associated in the same breath with Bush and Reagan's son said as much as have other conservative pundits.

Els, my boy, you've hit upon one of those points where I'm the biggest hypocrite. I, too, believe deregulation of the airlines was one of the biggest mistakes made in the last 30 years. But that's because I've always been able to afford an airline ticket to anywhere. I now make it a point to avoid US air carriers at all cost. The smell of an American Airline, Northwest Airline, Continental, or Delta plane is like that of a dog kennel. They are the filthiest planes I've been on. Better to fly British Air, LAN, Air France KLM whenever possible. Hell, even Aerolinas Argentina, which has probably the oldest fleet of equipment flying in the world, smells clean and fresh. No napkins or crackers stuffed in the back of the seats, and the flight crew treat you as if you are a real person. Long gone are the days of a comfortable flight when attendants treated passengers like people rather than subhuman cattle. :frown1:

Ditto on the foreign carriers. I'm fortunate in that I don't have to fly much and when I do it's almost all international. I'll pay a little extra, providing it's not exorbitant, to fly a foreign carrier and I'm willing to pay a little extra more if it's one of the best airlines.

And if the world is in a head dive, is that why you left the US for exotic lands or are you just a jet set bum? I know a few bearish financial advisers were pushing Argentina not too long ago and now I see you're in Spain at just the right time. I wager you're expecting something to happen. Why not share?

1BiGG1

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
YOU raised the ghost of Ronald Reagan, not me. The only way Reagan and Bush are similar is that they belong to the same party and even that is debatable in my book. Reagan would be ashamed to even be associated in the same breath with Bush and Reagan's son said as much as have other conservative pundits.

That’s bullshit, Reagan would have went after Saddam just as fast as George did and like George, he wouldn’t have given a crap about what the liberal Saddam apologist crybabies had to say.

1BiGG1

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay

I have done my share of worldwide flying on most major carriers for years and have never seen anything like what you are claiming. So all American carriers smell like dog kennels and foreign carriers are utopia = please stop deluding yourself and return to reality. :rolleyes:

bobabooey69

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It's the end of the world as we know it!

Soylent Green is people!

Seriously, things always seem worse than they are, and everything can be made better, it just takes a bit of effort from us all.

That’s bullshit, Reagan would have went after Saddam just as fast as George did and like George, he wouldn’t have given a crap about what the liberal Saddam apologist crybabies had to say.

So you're the clairvoyant now? I tend to side with the people who knew Reagan best and they have all said that he never would have gone into Iraq. You forget that Iraq was planned 12 years ago by a consortium of special interests in the oil and weapons industries who founded PNAC and planned the entire thing including the creation of false intelligence to rally public support. 9/11 gave them just the pretext they needed. Reagan may have favored American industry, but he wasn't a dupe and didn't put the interests of a few industrialists so far ahead of the nation that the country suffered enormously for it.

WolvesInTheThroneRoom

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Our earth is degenerate in these latter days. There are signs that the world is speedily coming to an end. Bribery and corruption are common, Children no longer obey their parents. Every man wants to write a book, and the end of the world evidently is approaching.
Assyrian tablet circa 2800 BC

calm down kids, calm down

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Am I the only one that remembers that Reagan was a retard?
Since when did revisionist history make him in to an example of a "strong president".

When he got Alzheimers. Apparently most of America did too, regarding his Precidency.

Since when did revisionist history make him in to an example of a "strong president".

When he got Alzheimers. Apparently most of America did too, regarding his Precidency.

He wasn't a retard nor was he perfect. I think his economic policy, trickle-down economics, was a joke and we still haven't overcome the effects of massive deficit spending. We went from being the largest creditor nation to the largest debtor nation under his tenure. His environmental policies were just as dreadful as his social policies. James Watt anyone? Although supposedly he didn't know, his administration also funded terrorists in Nicaragua. Reagan was, however, a good leader in his earlier years and he truly believed that what he was doing was best for the country, not himself or his backers. He had an integrity of character, whether you supported his policies or not, that has been distinctly lacking since his administration. Towards the end Alzheimer's was taking a visible toll and he began to lose steam. I wouldn't put his likeness on a Franklin Mint coin much less Mt. Rushmore, but after a series of losers like Johnson, Nixon, and Carter, Reagan at least made the Presidency respectable.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
He wasn't a retard nor was he perfect. I think his economic policy, trickle-down economics, was a joke and we still haven't overcome the effects of massive deficit spending. We went from being the largest creditor nation to the largest debtor nation under his tenure. His environmental policies were just as dreadful as his social policies. James Watt anyone? Although supposedly he didn't know, his administration also funded terrorists in Nicaragua. Reagan was, however, a good leader in his earlier years and he truly believed that what he was doing was best for the country, not himself or his backers. He had an integrity of character, whether you supported his policies or not, that has been distinctly lacking since his administration. Towards the end Alzheimer's was taking a visible toll and he began to lose steam. I wouldn't put his likeness on a Franklin Mint coin much less Mt. Rushmore, but after a series of losers like Johnson, Nixon, and Carter, Reagan at least made the Presidency respectable.

You also forgot to mention how long it took him to mention Aids.

B_Nick4444

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Emerson once asked, "Can anyone remember when times were not hard and money not scarce?"

Dickens once wrote: "It was the best of times, it was the worst of times; it ws the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness; it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity; it was the season of Light, it was the season of Darkness; it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair; we had everything before us, we had nothing before us; we were all going directly to Heaven, we were all going the other way."

1BiGG1

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
So you're the clairvoyant now? I tend to side with the people who knew Reagan best and they have all said that he never would have gone into Iraq. You forget that Iraq was planned 12 years ago by a consortium of special interests in the oil and weapons industries who founded PNAC and planned the entire thing including the creation of false intelligence to rally public support. 9/11 gave them just the pretext they needed. Reagan may have favored American industry, but he wasn't a dupe and didn't put the interests of a few industrialists so far ahead of the nation that the country suffered enormously for it.

No more or no less then anybody else voicing an opinion but after the clairvoyant question = sorry, that’s where you lose me quickly as now you are pretending to be clairvoyant and pretending to have evidence/proof when in reality the only thing you have is a cheap conspiracy theory.

1BiGG1

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay

I think somebody saying something like this doesn’t know anything about history and thinks slapping a “revisionist” label on it makes it look like they do. :rolleyes: