Ex Bananarama Girl - Siobhan Fahey !

B_JasonDawgxxx

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
They certainly have NOT sold that many albums! Hahaha

Where do u pluck these figures from?

They havent sold anywhere near that number. Many of their last cds couldnt even find a label for world wide release. They are in fact the #2 girl group behind the supremes. Still a wonderful thing but lets not stretch the truth here.

Its sad when a group doesnt see that their shelf life is up.

Bananarama Biography

Last edited:

Xcuze

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Well even in the UK theyve attempted to make numerous comebacks but failed. They havent had a proper hit since God knows when! Im sure they were always more of a singles act than album shifters.

150 mill is Mariah/Madonna/Elvis territory!

B_Austin Blue

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Well even in the UK theyve attempted to make numerous comebacks but failed. They havent had a proper hit since God knows when! Im sure they were always more of a singles act than album shifters.

150 mill is Mariah/Madonna/Elvis territory!

They have had two UK top 30 hits recently and one was UK top 20:

As of 2002, Bananarama had sold 40 million records worldwide. That year, they released another greatest hits album, The Very Best of Bananarama, in the UK. They also recorded the song "Love, Leave, Forget" for Sky TV's show Is Harry on the Boat? as well as the song "U R My Baby" for a German disco project. That same year, Bananarama (with Siobhan Fahey as special guest) celebrated their 20th anniversary at the London Astoria in London. 3000 people participated in this event.

With 80's retro in vogue, Bananarama attempted a comeback in the British charts in 2005. Solasso remixed their early hit "Really Saying Something" and re-released it as a single. A new single, "Move in My Direction", was released in July and hit the charts at #14, making this song the group's 24th Top 40 UK hit, and their first Top 20 hit since their 1991 single "Preacher Man". Follow-up single "Look on the Floor (Hypnotic Tango)", however, peaked at a relatively disappointing #26 and the Drama album flopped at #169. In June 2006 the group's contract with A&G Productions expired and was not renewed.

Drama was released in the U.S. on May 16 and after a fourteen year absence, Bananarama was back on Billboard's Hot Dance Club Play and the Hot Dance Airplay charts with an import version of "Look on the Floor (Hypnotic Tango)". "Look on the Floor" became their first U.S. hit since 1992, when they scored with "Tripping on Your Love". "Move In My Direction" was released as a second single in the U.S.

From the site: Bananarama - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

curious n str8

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Some women peak in looks in their teens and early 20's... but some women just seem to grow into themselves and become even more stunning.
Sophia Loren
Rachel Welch
Queen Latifah
Maria Bello
Sela Ward
Catharine Denueve
Isabella Rosselini

All these women looked far more beautiful in the their late 30's and beyond than they did when younger.
Not to hijack this thread but lets not forget Christy Brinkley or Susanne Sommers just to name a couple more

shaguar

Experimental Member
Media
This just underlines the relative dearth of wank fodder these days. Or perhaps I'm older. Or too insensitised cos of pawrn. I do enjoy egg sandwiches every now and then.

B_Austin Blue

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
They havent sold anywhere near that number. Many of their last cds couldnt even find a label for world wide release. They are in fact the #2 girl group behind the supremes. Still a wonderful thing but lets not stretch the truth here.

Its sad when a group doesnt see that their shelf life is up.

Bananarama Biography

Jason are you referring to the Ultra Violet/I Found Love album and the Exotica album?

The Ultra Violet album (called I Found Love in Asia), was released outside of the UK because the girls at the time didn't want to deal with their fame in the United Kingdom. It was their choice.

The Exotica album was an offer from a music producer in France who was a huge Bananarama fan and he wanted to work with them on an album that was then released only in France on his label.

All other albums have had a international release. And although their latest album DRAMA didn't chart well in most nations, it spawned some top singles and the album did very very well in the USA as an electronic download, entering the top 20.

All this isn't bad for a band that was absent from the UK charts for over a decade and had little or no promotion. Move In My Direction, the first single entered the UK top 20, while the next single went UK top 30.

:damnit1: