Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
4 killed, 2 hurt as rock star's jet crashes - Life - MSNBC.com

4 killed, 2 hurt as rock star's jet crashes
NBC: Ex-Blink 182 drummer is critically injured as Learjet goes off runway

BREAKING NEWS
NBC News and news services
updated 28 minutes ago

COLUMBIA, S.C. - A Learjet has crashed while departing from a South Carolina airport, killing four people and critically injuring two others including a former member of rock band Blink 182.

NBC News reported that Travis Barker, an ex-drummer with the band who also starred in MTV reality show "Meet the Barkers", was among those hurt. He was transported to a burn center in Augusta, Georgia, where he was listed in critical condition on Saturday morning.

Barker had performed Friday night at an event alongside Perry Farrell, the former Jane's Addiction singer, as well as Gavin DeGraw and DJ AM.

Hospital officials later confirmed that DJ AM, whose real name is Adam Michael Goldstein, had also been admitted to the burn unit in critical condition.

It was not clear whether Farrell and DeGraw were also traveling with Barker.

Federal Aviation Administration spokeswoman Kathleen Bergen said the plane carrying six people was departing shortly before midnight Friday from Columbia when air traffic controllers reporting seeing sparks. She said the plane went off the runway and crashed on a nearby road.

Bergen said the Lear 60 was headed to Van Nuys, California. She was unable to confirm the names of who was on board.

This is a breaking news story. Please check back for updates.

Meniscus

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Wow, this is bad. If I'm reading this right, there's no possibility of a full recovery here. The best case scenario is survival with severe scars, not all of which will be physical. It's also possible that these men may now have to live with other disabilities.

I wasn't a Blink 182 fan and I never even heard of DJ AM before this, but I can't help to feel bad for them. There's nothing that can be done for those who died, but I hope these two survivors heal as much as possible and go on to live long and happy lives.

edonline

LPSG Legend
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Last I read, Travis Barker has critical burns from the waist down while DJ AM had critical facial burns. I wonder if the facial burns could effect the eyes. Regardless, it sounds like they both might make it but will need long hospital stays and possible skin grafts.