Ex just got married, I've got mixed emotions

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by dongalong, Apr 7, 2009.

1. dongalong

Gold Member

The last time I saw my ex was a few months ago, I just discovered that she is now married. :eek:

Part of me is disappointed because we left on good terms and I thought that maybe we'd get together in the future but my rational side is happy for her and reminds me that she clearly wasn't right for me, so the news didn't hurt, but I'm surprised by my reaction, I can't get her out of my mind. :confused:

Anyone else had the same experience?

2. D_Amyntas Lillydong

D_Amyntas Lillydong Account Disabled

i'm still not over an ex. it has been almost a year. and it doesn't help that we try to remain friends either. it would be nice if she found someone so i could move on.

3. eastbaydude

eastbaydude New Member

Albums:
    Start dating.

If you're still pining for an ex-, you're probably not dating or getting involved with other women. Once you do, you'll be in a better place to wish her well.

4. thadjock

Gold Member

Albums:
    A) u always want what u have't got, u prolly weren't even that hot for her when u were married, but now that she's off the market u want it back, it's natural.

B) unless breakups go into full metal meltdown, u tend to remember the good times and forget the bad, so just conjure up a couple of memories of fights had with her and you'll be fine.

C) staying friends with an ex makes it harder to close that chapter and move on also. U don't have to be mortal enemies but if u dont' have kids together, u dont' need to socialize.

5. toadstool

toadstool New Member

no there is no suprise it still burns me when I see my x with other men

6. hud01

Gold Member

A) Don't think they were married.

B) The thing that makes the old times seem so good is a bad memory.

C) Depends, had one ex-where she liked it so much in bed that we had breakup sex on and off for three years, including threesomes with a boyfriend and later with her husband. We both knew it was over so we didn't care.

7. dongalong

Gold Member

We weren't married and didn't really know each other that well but we were almost in love.
    There was one major problem that put me off her - selfishness, so I'll probably get over it by tomorrow morning! :wink:

8. D_Rod Staffinbone

D_Rod Staffinbone Account Disabled

unfortunately, i'm the one with the full metal meltdown mentioned in thadjock's post above. i really wish she'd find a hobby or someone new and
    stop calling me for advice that she never listens to.

#8 D_Rod Staffinbone, Apr 8, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2009
Draft saved Draft deleted