Ex Marine calls Limbaugh "brainwashed Nazi"

Discussion in 'Politics' started by javyn, Apr 8, 2009.

1. javyn

javyn New Member

Albums:
  2. chadstallion

Gold Member

Albums:
    great! cant wait for the Daily Show, Colber, and my hero, Olbermann's comments on this one. stay tuned, its gonna get uglier! (after this commercial message from our sponsors)

3. javyn

javyn New Member

Albums:
    What's even funnier is listening to Repubs trying to deny the fact that Rush is their new defacto spokesman.

4. B_Nick8

B_Nick8 New Member

New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
    How to win friends and influence people; this is the new voice of the Republican party:

...Limbaugh shot back with a brainwashing accusation of his own, and blamed Charles and people like him for Obama winning the election. "I didn't vote for him," Charles protested, "I voted for McCain. I voted Republican." No matter. Rush signed off by saying, "Charles, Barack Obama is president of the United States today because of stupid, ignorant people who think like you do. You pose -- you and your ignorance are the most expensive commodity this country has."

:rolleyes:

5. houtx48

Gold Member

How dare they call the leader of the republican party a Nazi, he is more like the Hindenburg.

6. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

This thread has made my day. LOL!!!
    If there are ANY rational thinking Republicans out there, they should consider putting Rush on serious damage control. He's a looser cannon than Joe Biden!

7. B_Nick8

B_Nick8 New Member

Fixed that for you, Vinyl.

8. B_starinvestor

B_starinvestor New Member

The idea that Limbaugh is the leader of the party is a fantasy that was created by a liberal, and the only people that believe it are liberals.

Micheal Moore is the de facto leader of the Democratic Party. That makes about as much sense as the OP.

Carry on with your circle jerk about Limbaugh being the Nazi leader of the GOP.

9. javyn

javyn New Member

Albums:
    No, the only people who disbelieve it are Republicans with their heads in the sand who refuse to accept reality.

That's fine though. That moronic attitude will ensure your party remains in the toilet regardless how well or poor the Democrats handle the next 4 years. :)

10. catman

Gold Member

I still find it baffling people are not embarrassed to still have the "W- STILL the president" bumper stickers on their cars...

11. javyn

javyn New Member

Albums:
    I find it baffling that the Republican party is acting like a bunch of petulant children, rather than changing strategy which is really needed.

They seem to have this wait and see, time will prove us right attitude, not taking into account that the last 8 years have proven quite enough to most people about what the Republicans are REALLY all about.

12. joyboytoy79

Gold Member

Albums:
    No. Limbaugh isn't brainwashed. Neither are any of the other talking heads (including that delusional twit, Michael Moore).

No, they aren't brainwashed. Their FOLLOWERS on the other hand, are completely brainwashed. To really be a Nazi is not to be brainwashee, but to be brainwasher. There is a distinction here, and it's an important one.

13. B_starinvestor

B_starinvestor New Member

This talk of 8 years of hell is tiresome. The economy was roaring up until late 2007.

Before that, the only thing you had to bitch about was Iraq.

14. midlifebear

Gold Member

Hmmmm . . . so, Plush Rush never served his country in the military? Hell, even I, "a godless evil homosexual determined to destroy the morality of the country"* served as a VISTA volunteer for 2.5 years. For those who may have forgotten VISTA stood for Volunteers in Service to 'Mericuh. It wasn't exactly the Marines, but I did serve my country. They even took people with flat feet and asthma. It was basically the same as serving in the Peace Corps, but within the boundaries of the USA working with the poor, homeless, and communities in need.

Plush Rush, with his annual salary he could easily afford to build up his own army outside of the USA, invade and take us over. He's already got the legally protected mouth piece for massaging 50% of the USA into thinking he'd be doing it for their own good.

I have to say, though, I'm pleased to have read a transcript where he didn't just cut off the caller, as Riled Up O'Neil is prone to do. What a lovely thing to come across on LPSG today. Just funner than heck!

* That was an old quote from Anita Bryant. Remember her? She's bankrupt (twice) and back living in her old home State of Oklahomosexual trying to avoid taxes by claiming she is now a church.

#14 midlifebear, Apr 8, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2009
  15. B_Nick8

B_Nick8 New Member

I didn't say "leader", star, I said "voice", and it wasn't liberals who anointed him as such; as I understand it it was the rallying Republicans who did that and the higher-ups who have embraced his perceived ability to coalesce the splintering factions of a momentarily discredited party who've done.

Perhaps I'll grant you that Limbaugh no more speaks for the broader, more intelligent factions of the Republicans than does Moore for the Democrats, but unlike Moore, Limbaugh has such a huge platform from which to spew his tortured perspectives that he is undeniably powerful and ubiquitous. The Repubs may think they need him now and may think that they are using him
    but beware even the appearance of legitimacy you allow him.

He's far more ambitious than you choose to know and once acknowledged, will never retreat and will not submit to anyone's "control", not even for the good of the party he claims to love. Ultimately he will prove to be a huge liability.

#15 B_Nick8, Apr 8, 2009
  16. sparky11point5

sparky11point5 New Member

Although this meme of Limbaugh as Dear Leader was brilliant politics by Rahm "You want a FUCKING piece of me!" Emmanuel, it works because it rings true. As a commentator noted, Libs never tried to tar Bush as an Evil Genius, because it was not believable.

Name one, just one, prominent conservative that has more current influence than Limbaugh the Large. Steele? ("I meant to do that!") Cantor? ("OMG I just love Brittany!") Boehner? (pronounced 'boner')

17. funnyguy

funnyguy Active Member

Albums:
    With "Plush Rush" (I love that and hope it is ok to borrow) and Michelle Bachman from Wisconsin (?) what more do we need to destroy our country? Rush and his twisted logic and Michelle B. and her call for stocking up on guns and ammo and predicting a revolution? It is exactly as that marine said sour grapes for losing an election.

#17 funnyguy, Apr 8, 2009
  18. javyn

javyn New Member

Albums:
    Tiresome to you perhaps, but it resonates through the entire country. Again, your hubris will do little good for you or your party. :)

And we are now seeing what the end result is of our "roaring economy". It was built on a house of cards.

19. thadjock

Gold Member

Albums:
    with respect to star, i don't think the dems are the ones that annointed rush the leader of the party, he and the upper echelon of the republican party have been doing that constantly over the last 20 yrs. the dems just threw a spotlight on it.

and anyway, I'm sure in his head he fancies himself as the one true leader of the party so why is he so quick to back off when the sceptre is finally handed to him?

I'm also confused as to why so many republicans are willing to throw him under the bus now and distance themselves from him. didnt' he rally the troops over the last 2 decades to defeat the evil libruls? didnt' every fukin republican nutball representative, senator, president, cabinet member, and VP proudly spend time on his show?

And to compare rush to michael moore isn't even close, moore is a fringe hollywood sensationalist filmmaker who never had access to powerbrokers in the dem party. rush is a republican institution, fully embraced by the core of the party, or at least he was until now.

be careful what u wish for rush....

20. tripod

Gold Member

Albums:
    I find all of this talk about Nazis and brainwashing to be kind of over the top.

There are legitimate comparisons of the mindset of the Republicans to the mindset of the Nazis. The authoritarianism, xenophobia, hatred of the French, and adherence to a strict set of propagandist rhetoric are all similar traits, I understand that.

The Republicans are all fairly normal people and the Nazis were as well, but what the Nazis did makes the Republicans look like pikers.

I can't get in the heads of Republicans to the extent where I can know for sure if they have fantasies of extermination, holocaust and world domination. I suspect that they don't.

I do know however, that they all lack basic empathy to varying degrees. Some Republicans are indistinguishable from Democrats in that respect.

The German people became Nazis through some very precarious circumstances. The French and English needed help paying back their loans to the U.S. and the United States told them to suck it up and take it out of Germany's ass (We were GONNA get our money back plus interest... one way or another). Well That is exactly what Germany did and the German economy simply tanked and inflation shot through the roof. German waiters would take the uneaten food off of the plates of their customers finished plates and put it in their pockets to feed their family. People were carrying a whole wheelbarrow full of old marks to get a loaf of bread.

Those economic conditions led to the Stab-In-The-Back legend. The "legend" states that there were members of the public who deliberately sabotaged the war effort. The epic poem about Siegfrieid being stabbed in the back by Hagen Von Tronje was attatched to the "legend" to penetrate the psyche of the German public. Jewish Germans had been at the forefront of the anti-war and labor rights movements and were subsequently scapegoated into the villians of the "legend". The Spring Offensive was supposedly thwarted by Jewish led strikes in the armament industry. Newspapers like the Deutsche Tageszeitung spurred on these fictional tales of treachery and betrayal.

It has everything to do with the shock doctrine (changes to the political and social systems pushed through while the public is reacting to disasters and or upheavals) and less to do with brainwashing which was in the earliest stages of development at that time.

Thank you good sir!!!! :)

And just how is Michael Moore a delusional twit?

#20 tripod, Apr 8, 2009
Draft saved Draft deleted