Exaggerating cock size?

Mumzi

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
You're probably right about the yardstick. When we measured ( it was more of an after thought) we used a wooden ruler that we had used to put up wall paper border.
Depending on how I held it to the base of his penis, it went from a tad over 8in to 8 1/4 to 8 & 1/2.
The more I handled him, the more erect he got and the size was different. I think 8" is probably more likely because it was the first measurement and I was not trying to see how big it was "from this side...then from this side"....Tho the harder erection may have added something.

But yes, if someone is 8.5, then they very well may say 9" and be fairly truthful.
Which is far different that having a 7" and saying you've got a 10".
I wonder what the odds are- or how many 10"-12" we might actually see in a place like this. Could there be as many as some suggest?

windtalkerways

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The easiest way to meaure length
and girth on a penis is either with
a cloth measuring tape:

or with a piece of string that you
can then measure against a regular
ruler.

From the base of the penis along
the TOP of the member from public
bone to tip. Some guys measure
from underneath and throw in some
perineal length for added interest...lol
...also known as cheating with an
accurate measure.

Then for girth, take it at the thickest
portion of the erection, as some guys
vary in length down the shaft.

Sounds simple enough but many guys
say they don't know their girth, as they
only have a ruler...you can even use a
shoelace, if no string is available. :wink:

ChuckRich

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I measure my girth just using a strip of paper. Mark where it wraps around and then measure that with a regular ruler.

Why does a cloth measuring tape or string give a more accurate measurement? Or is that for penises that curve?

HungFunNYC

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Sexual partners inevitably ask me how big my cock is, and whenever I tell them, I often get a response along the lines of "No way... it's bigger". That probably goes to show just how rampant exaggeration along these lines is!

stud_hunter

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
bigschlotsky said:
I'm pretty new to the site but I kinda wonder about if the cock sizes people claim here are legit. For me, I'm a legit 6.75 in. long and 5.5 in. circumference. I don't exaggerate. I always figure I'm pretty good in the size dept. and women are usually pleased.

I think lots of guys exaggerate their size. But I also think lots of women exaggerate their men's sizes. So your size is plenty above average. I'd go even farther than some here - I think people regularly add 2-3 inches to their size when they report it. A 6.75 X 5.5 inch dick is big, and I think people look at it and say "hey, that's 9 X 6.5 inches." Personally for me, I'd say 8X6 is about my max in terms of what I like. Bigger than that is too much and just doesn't appeal as much to me. A nice 7-incher that's close to 6 in. around is just perfect.

windtalkerways

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
ChuckRich said:
I measure my girth just using a strip of paper. Mark where it wraps around and then measure that with a regular ruler.

Why does a cloth measuring tape or string give a more accurate measurement? Or is that for penises that curve?

Never heard of using paper but I guess
if it works and yes I'd say a tape measure
would be great for the curved ones.

sexycobra

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
No Response
ChuckRich said:

As the owner of a penis with a fairly pronounced upward curve, I can definitely confirm that using a string or seamstress tape gives a more accurate measurement. Using a ruler, the length is easily off by an inch in my case.

It was mentioned in another thread a while ago that measuring the volume of a penis (i.e., with water displacement) might be even better, because it takes care of curves, girth varying along the shaft, etc... Besides, for the sexual partner, volume gives a better indication of the sensation of "fullness". However, there are technical difficulties with this method that haven't been overcome yet...

Chuck64

Experimental Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
sexycobra said:
However, there are technical difficulties with this method that haven't been overcome yet...

Like explaining to your partner why you're humping a big gulp cup full of water over the bathtub... :biggrin1:

B_Spladle

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Sorcerer said:
At 8x6.5 I can count on one hand the guys I've been with that were bigger than me and I'm hardly a virgin. Anyone claiming to be over 9" is usually full of shit although there are a few exceptions.
Hey, we're cock twins, sorc!

Irish

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Johns Island (South Carolina, United States)
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
HungFunNYC said:
Sexual partners inevitably ask me how big my cock is, and whenever I tell them, I often get a response along the lines of "No way... it's bigger". That probably goes to show just how rampant exaggeration along these lines is!
A girl I dated for six years and I hadn't really discussed my size much while we were dating. We lost our respective virginities to each other and thus lacked experience. After she had been with someone else, though, we were talking again and she asked me how big it was. When I told her, she said there was no way it was "only" 8 inches and it took a good 10 minutes to convince her that it wasn't 9+. Would have been much faster if we weren't at a Wendy's and I had a ruler handy. I think it's very common to "round up."

blar

Experimental Member
Media
Shelby said:
People lie about shit in real life all the time. Do you think the relative anonymity of an internet message board makes them more honest?

good reply

D_Herin_Ghan

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Well all I know is what I got down below. I actually need new pictures, I gained a little bit through jelquing. But anyway I see no need to lie. It doesn't do anything for my ego, I came here originally to find out if it was true that I was a big dude, I always thought I was average. Well I guess I know better now, so thats kind of cool.

But unfortunatley I think people lie on here is either to possibly gain hookups, or because they have no true self esteem and arent happy with their tool. Whatever "que sara, sara" (sp?) but their is a distinct difference between those who are lying, and those telling the truth (mainly a photo). Also I've noticed the braggers tend to be the liers here. And there are some people who try to pass off photoshops, but I think its very easy to tell who is being truthful, and who's not.

DougRR

Sexy Member
Media
There is size by measurement and the appearance of size. A few really well hung guys I know do not actually know their size because they have never measured but they look huge and are considered huge by others because of the way the genitals hang, their shape, the overall shape of the body and its size ect. ect. and sometimes being uncut appears to add thickness and length. Some cocks are also very photogenic and without any trickery at all they just appear to be bigger than normal. I am flattered by some people who have seen my pics and comment in e-mails that I am "huge" and then want to know how big it is? Why does it matter about the numbers? I have had the pleasure of seeing a true eleven inch penis, eight inches around, I know because I measured it...and believe me that is truly huge. He had no idea how big but thought it was "kinda big" Doug

ChuckRich

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
DougRR said:
I am flattered by some people who have seen my pics and comment in e-mails that I am "huge" and then want to know how big it is? Why does it matter about the numbers?
Knowing the actual dimensions of it makes it easier to picture it fully rather than just see it in the context of the picture. Mentally comparing it to objects of similar size let you see it more 3-dimensionally than just seeing a couple photos.

D_Herin_Ghan

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
DougRR said:
There is size by measurement and the appearance of size. A few really well hung guys I know do not actually know their size because they have never measured but they look huge and are considered huge by others because of the way the genitals hang, their shape, the overall shape of the body and its size ect. ect. and sometimes being uncut appears to add thickness and length. Some cocks are also very photogenic and without any trickery at all they just appear to be bigger than normal. I am flattered by some people who have seen my pics and comment in e-mails that I am "huge" and then want to know how big it is? Why does it matter about the numbers? I have had the pleasure of seeing a true eleven inch penis, eight inches around, I know because I measured it...and believe me that is truly huge. He had no idea how big but thought it was "kinda big" Doug

Its getting a little ridiculous how many e-mails I'm getting. I appreciate it, I really do...but I am straight and have no desire to hook up with the men who keep messaging me. It's flattering to a point, but then it gets flat out annoying.

B_Spladle

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
LINittanyLion said:
Its getting a little ridiculous how many e-mails I'm getting. I appreciate it, I really do...but I am straight and have no desire to hook up with the men who keep messaging me. It's flattering to a point, but then it gets flat out annoying.
I feel you, dawg.