Excessive Masturbation?

D_alex8

Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Perhaps in legitimate cases of clinically provable sexual addiction, some or all of those consequences might manifest themselves. However, to make this sound commonplace and something that is cured by taking some herbal pills is simply a means of trying to scare people into buying those pills, which draws also on negative social stereotyping of masturbation (going blind; unspeakable; hairy palms; et al). Whether or not they have a tiny disclaimer to say masturbation is healthy, they have already unleashed people's negative associations on the matter by that point.

It's worth noting that the site is registered to a company in Alhambra CA that also sells breast augmentation devices and foreskin stretching devices ... by using scare-tactics on their websites, again dressed up with extreme medical examples presented as everyday consequences, as well as making sure to arouse people's existing worries before posting a minimalist disclaimer.

windtalkerways

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
That's what I imagined was the case,Alex.
I was also thinking that more gullible people
would see this 'medical-looking' site and be
naïve enough to put credence to the claims.

It's amazing to what lengths some people
will go, to sell their snake oil! :tongue:

*sneaks a peek at Alex' palms...*

lp1813

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
This is the worst kind of marketing / advertising practice that is becoming more prevalent these days.
You can witness this kind of scare tactic with all sorts of products, seems the MO is;
Gather some spurious half truths or ambiguous statements aimed at stirring peoples fears, then pull the rabbit out of the hat - "hey presto, don't worry we have the answer right here."

There's no realistic way to legislate against this kind of thing, just to say people beware, trust your judgement and common sense.

D_alex8

Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
lp1813 said:
This is the worst kind of marketing / advertising practice that is becoming more prevalent these days.
You can witness this kind of scare tactic with all sorts of products, seems the MO is;
Gather some spurious half truths or ambiguous statements aimed at stirring peoples fears, then pull the rabbit out of the hat - "hey presto, don't worry we have the answer right here."

There's no realistic way to legislate against this kind of thing, just to say people beware, trust your judgement and common sense.

Unfortunately, this company's other sites are far more offensive, with one in particular masquerading as a leading source for answers on issues of general, physical, and sexual health and well-being. With a lot of people having hang-ups instilled in them at an early age about one issue or the other, the desire for easy answers sadly gets in that way of good judgment and common sense all too often.

lp1813

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
alex8 said:
Unfortunately, this company's other sites are far more offensive, with one in particular masquerading as a leading source for answers on issues of general, physical, and sexual health and well-being. With a lot of people having hang-ups instilled in them at an early age about one issue or the other, the desire for easy answers sadly gets in that way of good judgment and common sense all too often.

Good point, this is one of the problems of the internet - namely regulation. It's a huge problem and transcends borders and legal jurisdictions. I don't see an overall solution anytime soon and it is exacerbated by the ease with which info can be accessed online.
People may feel more anonymous and therefore less intimidated in seeking out answers to their problems (perceived or real) than they would going to their local Pharmacist or Doctor.

On the up side their are numerous resources, blogs, forums (such as lpsg) where the 'antidote' to these leeches can be found, though maybe there aren't enough of them.

Matthew

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Who will volunteer to masturbate excessively so we can test their theories?

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
I used to do it so often in my teens that I became fearful that it had become an obsession or compulsion. I began trying to "kick the habit" as it were, by keeping a calendar of how many days i could go without masturbating and/or coming.

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
I took their test. It asked my age, my physical condition and how many times a week I masturbate.

According to them I'm at death's door and if I don't immediately change my diet, eat 50% less meat, drink more soy milk and take their (expensive) supplement and stop masturbating for a long period of time, I might as well pass right through that door.

It's blatent SPAM.

windtalkerways

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Pecker said:
I took their test. It asked my age, my physical condition and how many times a week I masturbate.

According to them I'm at death's door and if I don't immediately change my diet, eat 50% less meat, drink more soy milk and take their (expensive) supplement and stop masturbating for a long period of time, I might as well pass right through that door.

It's blatent SPAM.

Thanks for taking one for
the team and science, Pecky! :tongue:

sexycobra

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Here are my results after taking the survey:

Congratulations! Based on what you have inputted, your sexual health is still in good shape. However, if fatigue begins to set in earlier than it used to or your concentration and memory begin to suffer, you might want to cut down on the frequency of masturbation and sexual activities.

D

deleted12830

It's funny how they make so little effort to manipulate the results of the survey! If I say I'm 18 and my health's good with minor problems they don't care if I j/o 30 times a week, they tell me I'm perfectly healthy and I don't masturbate too much for my age... :eek: Then, with the same age, but depressions, the tell me I slightly over-masturbate, even if I tell them I do it only once a week!! They tell me my depressions and health problems are consequence of my excessive masturbation, yeah, right...
They should at least try harder when preparing the answers to the survey... If you try to defraud stupid people, at least make some effort to do it well! :biggrin1:

SomeGuyOverThere

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Looks like crap to me.

I seriously doubt it would be physically possible to die in the method they suggest, IMH(non-medical)O, I think your balls would be hard pushed to keep up with produceing enough cum for you to die from hormone imbalances.

Your balls would be in agony, and you'd barely be able to get erect before there'd be enough hormones swishing arounhd to kill you.

Sounds like pseudo-medical rubbish in an attempt to get you to buy their pills.

I also don't think it's a matter of getting "addicted" to masturbating. The human body is hard wired into"reproduce mode" as soon as those bits start working (if not as soon as you pop out your mother's insides). And masturbation is part of relieveing the tension caused by your body wanting sex and it not being on tap at that particular moment.

You are, in effect, addicted to sexual activity.