exercise and underwear

D_Harry_Bunz

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
No Response
OK guys,

I have ordered some anatomical underwear, some compression shorts and some CK hip briefs, which I was told are great for holding your meat (so long as you dont mind your ball sack resting on the man as it goes underneath them)

thanks for the advice (I am afraid a jock strap just wouldn't be right here in blighty)

Free love

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Yeah, I wear spandex under my shorts, one for the control and two because I hate chaffing.

D_Baron_VonBiggNutz

Account Disabled
Media
Agree with the jockstrap suggestion. I wear a jock for all exercise - gym, circuits and plain running. Just off for my weekly 5k run now and have jock under my shorts. Doesn't make it look like I've got a boner; but does keep me well supported.

glasgowjox

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Agree with the jockstrap suggestion. I wear a jock for all exercise - gym, circuits and plain running. Just off for my weekly 5k run now and have jock under my shorts. Doesn't make it look like I've got a boner; but does keep me well supported.

some pics of you in a jock would be well worth seeing:cool:

coffeeguy

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I always wear a jock for the gym. I hate compression shorts because they ride on my long legs. Not many people down here in southwest Georgia wears them though.

coffeeguy

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
So Men's Health has answered the question - jockstraps for the gym.

"DON'T wear cotton underwear at the gym
Cotton soaks up perspiration, which can cause quite a bit of discomfort down there. Your best bet at the gym is a jock strap, which provides you with all the protection you'll need. If you're not a fan of those, go with any fabric that wicks moisture away from your body."

Avoid these 8 Mistakes - Underwear Confidential : Men's Health.com

D_Harry_Bunz

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
No Response
OK. Just a quick update. I have tried running in the compression shorts, the obviously anatomical underwear and the ck briefs. The compression shorts were ok but too tight for my liking-squashing my penis and scrotum inside (or felt like it) the anaatomical underwear was actually pretty comfortable-the waist sizing is a little wrong (unless I am kidding myself about my body) it is very supportive but I would say is more for those who like to give people something to look at-I was running along and was heading towards a couple arguining in the car, all of a sudden the woman clocked my package and just sat and stared, a bit further along i had people turning around in their cars for second looks and even had some guys looking down there-so it is definately only for the exhibitionists. I am not and just want someting that will support me and will stop my penis working its way around my underwear. the ck pants were pretty good-but did give the inevitable wedgy and requirement to pull things out of places and re-arrangement was needed a few times.
So I think I am going to have to try the jock strap....is there a particularly good one out there? I don't need one to look great-I just want it to hold everything in place while not restricting.
Thanks again for the helpful posts.

cali06

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I was raised going commando since I got out of diapers, so I guess I'm just used to commando when exercising. I tried compression shorts and they were too compressive, and jock straps were uncomfortable for me. One thing I like are loose compression shorts by Starter. They provide a little support without squishing your bits so everything doesn't flop around as much, and are a moisture wicking material too.

schs1977

Experimental Member
Media
I am also a runner. I am about 6 1/2 inches soft, but I have big nuts so I can't go commando. I wear boxers under my shorts or an UnderAmour jockstrap. It is rather confortable and seems to hold my nuts in place without "smashing" them like a Bike jockstap does.

illinigradman

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Try out a jockstrap. Internationaljock.com has a large selection. For running I would recommend a swimmer style with a bit smaller waistband. There are a lot of different fabrics that will give you a different feel and can be very comfortable. To me much cooler than comps.

MGTuohey

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I'd go with a micro modal sport thong. I saw Puma's "Active Leisure Sports Jock" recently at a underwear trade show - and they looked like a good bet. My online store doesn't carry these- yet, but I'm a huge fan of micro -modal for comfort and moisture control. Puma is world class for sports wear - a better bet than the fashion brands.