Exercise Theory Applied to PE

jim18m

Just Browsing
Media
Hi,

I was thinking recently about my PE routine, and if I could apply my knowledge of exercise physiology to help get better gains. Obviously your dick is not a muscle, but I feel like the same concepts might apply:

1. Studies show that the quickest way to gain muscle is to rotate through a different set of exercises every few workouts. Muscular growth is an adaptive response, and you get the best response when you throw something different at them all the time. When I lift, I rotate through upper body, lower body, and arms / shoulders. What I've been doing lately with my PE for girth exercises is to rotate through Uli's, squeezed jelqs, and Horse 440s on different days. Does it stand to reason that this same "periodization" (the official term) might help for PE as well?

2. When basketball players want to jump higher, they do plyometric exercises, where you use the muscle right away after you've just used it in order to get a better "fast-twitch" response. When you're training your BC muscle (not PC, key difference), you probably want it to be able to contract harder and faster, so I think the best way to train this is plyometrically by contracting over and over as fast as you can until you can't anymore.

I've been doing PE for about a year and a half on and off (had to take a break moving back home), and I've put on about an inch of length (5.9 to 6.8) and about a quarter inch of girth (4.9 to 5.15). I'd love to get to 8 x 6 for the shock factor, but really, 7.5 x 5.5-5.75 would be plenty.

What do you guys think? I'm interested to hear your responses.

-Jim

redbear52

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I think that PE works primarily through deforming connective tissues through repeated, sustained deforming forces. I don't think that theories and methods petaining to skeletal muscle hypertrophy apply, with the possible exception of Kegels, and other ways of exercising pelvic floor skeletal muscles.

D_Lanksesbye Sleepingrawe

Account Disabled
Media
I think that PE works primarily through deforming connective tissues through repeated, sustained deforming forces. I don't think that theories and methods petaining to skeletal muscle hypertrophy apply, with the possible exception of Kegels, and other ways of exercising pelvic floor skeletal muscles.

I agree, but will also add that the importance of healing and recovery time just like in traditional muscle training still applies.

Big Al

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Those ideas have some merit :) IMO- If you approach the idea of PE likened to a gymnastics routine, that would best describe how it affects the penis.

The fascia, tunica, and ligaments of the penis seem to be structurally similar to their analogs in skeletal muscle tissue.

Last edited: