exhibitionism/showing off

LoveGirl: Wearing skimpy clothes is exhibitionism. I really don't like exhibitionism because you are forcing others who may or may not want to see your sexuality spread out in the open, to see your sexuality spread out in the open. Like I don't want to see girls with low cut jeans and thongs, but it is forced upon me every time I go to the store or to the junior high or high schools. Exhibitionism is getting off on the thought that you are sharing your sexuality with people who may or may not want you to share it. :angry: :angry: :angry:

fitdude

Experimental Member
Media
Not into it myself, BBB11. But sure enjoy it! Where are you showing off yourself? fitdude/miguel

XXLHS: I would say that I agree with Love Girl on that one.

While it may seem exciting to try, I think that you should consider carefully that there are some real issues in the real world that make this sort of overt behavior inappropriate.

It's one thing if you just are that way... like women with very large breasts or men with an excessive bulge... that is just life and I think that while people look and see... to openly attempt to "show off" is in bad taste. The bigger your package the most interesting it is when you don't see it all.

I can say that most people like mystery and are much more interesting in what they imagine then what is in front of them. You want attention, try not showing it off and see how many looks, gawks and stares you get... more then you think. If you put things right out, you’re likely to get much less positive attention and much more NEGATIVE attention as well as perhaps a visit from the local constabulary as to appropriate dress in your community. :eek: :unsure:

My advice, just enjoy yourself for who you are, be nice to people and small animals and just let others that want to enjoy you, get to know your personality before your person...

HS

D_Martin van Burden

Account Disabled
Media
My webcam is my outlet, I think. I didn't really do too much showing off in person because, one, the opportunities hardly presented themselves, and two, you've got a profound risk in offending someone or getting yourself in a dangerous situation if you aren't careful about your audience. When I got a webcam, I realized that the majority of people who find out I have one, want me to show the naughty bits online. I figured that if I cropped my face out of the frame, then I really had nothing to lose.

Now... it's hard to explain, but I love all the positive feedback I get. It's like, I dunno, being told that you look good or that you're a stud or something like that. I don't knock myself for my looks, but when I whip my dick, it's a whole 'nother level of excitement and titillation. I guess I get off on it. I mean, getting an IM from someone screaming "Damn! That's huge!" I can't help but smile.

XXLHS: I agree... hey sex is fun and teasing is lots of fun...

With the web cam... only thing I would add for others reading is a good way to make sure your in a safe "consenting" zone is do a two way and see who is watching... if they are not willing to do both, you may well want to skip it...face or no, there are issues out there if your not carefull.

I am very liberal when it comes to this sort of thing, and I think that for the most part, if two (or more) consenting adults want to do whatever between them without involving people that don't want to know... then by all means have a good time.

With the "kick it up a notch" on the thrill-o-meter - heck ya... since for us guys that is an important part of our sexual identity, positive feedback from someone is bound to be extra stimulating... since when we get negative feedback its pretty devastating... I know that I find it fun too... :p

HS

B_DoubleMeatWhopper

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I used to pose nude for a photographer who had some websites. That was fine, but it really didn't do much to feed my exhibitionistic streak. I'm not a huge showoff, but I like revealing myself sometimes. I found out what was missing when I started dancing: the audience's reaction. A group of guys screaming and whistling. They were stuffing money in my g-string while I was still wearing it; throwing it onto the stage while I wasn't. That's what did it for me. That was great for my ego, until it got old. Maybe if I were a real exhibitionist I would've continued getting off on it, but that trait is actually a very small part of my makeup. I hve some friends who still dance, and feel it's the best job for their exhibitionistic tendencies. More power to them.

GottaBigOne

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Lovegirl, i think there may be different levels of exhibitionism that you're missing or generalizing. Yes it is definetly wrong to whip it out in public to someone who doesn't want to see it, or to do anything truly lewd to them. But accentuating your package slightly so people may be able to see it a little better is perfectly harmless, unless your thrusting it into their faces. I mean those girls you see in K-mart or at the store or whatever that wear low cut jeans and all arent throwing it in your face as you say, they are just out there for people to see. you have th choice to look, and you could always look away. Now don't get offended but seriously consider my next point. Maybe the reason you do get offended by these girls is because you cant help but look, as most of us do when were confronted with more skin than we're used to. And maybe it makes you uncomfortable becasue you feel like you shouldnt be looking either because you have a little homophobia or the girl are underage and it makes you feel a little perverted for even looking. You feel like it would be so much easier if they just covered up so you wouldnt have to confront these issues you have with yourself. its like the typical gay-basher who finds himself attracted to the gayman in front of him, and instead of dealing with his feelings his homphobia gets the best of him and he turns his anger at himself for being attracted to this guy toward the guy himself and then wants to beat him up and kill him because is the person is no longer there they no longer feel those unwanted feelings.
Just a theory, i may be way off, don't take it the wrong way, just look inside yourself and try to be honest.

B_Black11

Just Browsing
Media
I appreciate a lot of your responses. I would like to clarify what I meant when I started this topic, especially for love girl. First I would like to say that the situations I was talking about were more along the lines of showing off in situations where people want to see what you have, not flashing or acting inappropriately. All over the net I have come across groups that do just this: there is a group called 'hung jury' in calfornia that has meetings, nude beaches where it's encouraged or places that feature erotic dancers where people like DMW have shown it off in the past. What I am not talking about is flashing old ladies, kids or in places where it would clearly not be cool or welcome, like a work place. I would also say that while many here may object to this, I still see the same posters here either online or in print, day in day out. Why do you want to talk about or look at the pictures here safely on a home computer but think it's so wrong in other situations?

bbb

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
Well, DMW, with a teacher's salary, you might consider getting back into stripping. I think teachers make less than assistant crack whores, but I'm not sure.

B_DoubleMeatWhopper

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Originally posted by jonb@Jun 16 2004, 07:04 PM
Well, DMW, with a teacher's salary, you might consider getting back into stripping..
Thanks for your concern, Jon (I just love a man who looks out for me!), but I've been responsible with the money I earned dancing. I have a considerable bank account, and I'm not going to starve. I can't go on shaking my cock at drunk queens forever, y'know!

HORSEHUNGshowoff:
My webcam is my outlet, I think. I didn't really do too much showing off in person because, one, the opportunities hardly presented themselves, and two, you've got a profound risk in offending someone or getting yourself in a dangerous situation if you aren't careful about your audience. When I got a webcam, I realized that the majority of people who find out I have one, want me to show the naughty bits online. I figured that if I cropped my face out of the frame, then I really had nothing to lose.

Now... it's hard to explain, but I love all the positive feedback I get. It's like, I dunno, being told that you look good or that you're a stud or something like that. I don't knock myself for my looks, but when I whip my dick, it's a whole 'nother level of excitement and titillation. I guess I get off on it. I mean, getting an IM from someone screaming "Damn! That's huge!" I can't help but smile.
Precisely Dee, you took the words right out of my mouth. I dont know of ANY wellhung guy I have met either Online or in person that isnt an exhibitionist HOWEVER just as your post remarked there is a time and place for everything!If a guy who says he is wellhung but says hes NOT a showoff then more than likely hes not Hung , I have found this to be true in EVERY case !

Btw Damage Control is a REALLY hot pic , I need one like that myself :D

The REAL deal
HORSE

SpeedoGuy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I'm a bit of an exhibitionist but within reason.

I won't deny I get a bit of a charge by showing off my package at the swimming pool or beach. Speedo is my namesake swimsuit after all. I wear it often...but not always. I generally avoid the Speedo when families are present and even when I am wearing it I don't go parading around the pool area with my groin thrust foward. That's really not my style.

However, when only adults are around I'm not shy about wearing it openly and maybe even doing a bit of posturing. I'm not too blatant about it but I sure am not covering up either. And at those occasional hot tub or beach parties where the swimsuits came off, I never hesitate to join the action. B)

SG

rainsfletcher: I have a couple of thoughts.

Horsehung -- I am hung (well, not by THIS boards standards, but significantly larger than the average guy), and I have no desire to be an exhibitionist. I have no photos, and have no desire to take or share photos of myself with strangers. I've posted in the past that I don't necessarily see my endowment as a positive. Not everyone is like you, you generalizing asshole. And BTW, I don't think that was Dee's point.....

LoveGirl -- Not everything is about sexuality. I think the human body is beautiful, and people who are comfortable with themselves are to be commended and admired. People who are insecure and dress in an obnoxiously provocative manner are are not-so-much. I see people every day who are not always dressed in a conservative way. But they are beautiful, their body, their confidence - it's all beautiful. The victorian, puritanical attitude that any display of the human body is evil is, well, evil. It doesn't always mean that a person (male or female) is necessarily advertising their sexuality...My sense is that people who think everything is about sex, are usually obsessed with sex. I sincerely hope I'm not offending you. I've enjoyed your posts, and your contribution to our little village.

BRMSTN69: cork, it's nice to here from you for a change I was starting to think you left us, as for Lovegirl from the snipets of info I've gotten from her she has good reason for her beliefs and her modesty, and I hope were helping her get over these issues and blossem into the beutiful,outgoing young women thats trying to get out.

BRMSTN69: cork, it's nice to here from you for a change I was starting to think you left us, as for Lovegirl from the snipets of info I've gotten from her she has good reason for her beliefs and her modesty, and I hope were helping her get over these issues and blossem into the beutiful,outgoing young women thats trying to get out.

HORSEHUNGshowoff:
I have a couple of thoughts.

Horsehung -- I am hung (well, not by THIS boards standards, but significantly larger than the average guy), and I have no desire to be an exhibitionist. I have no photos, and have no desire to take or share photos of myself with strangers. I've posted in the past that I don't necessarily see my endowment as a positive. Not everyone is like you, you generalizing asshole. And BTW, I don't think that was Dee's point.....
YOU IDIOT I WAS NOT SAYING THAT WAS DEEs POINT I WAS SAYING I AGREED WITH WHAT DEE SAID AND THEN GAVE MY THOUGHTS AS ANY MORON SHOULD HAVE BEEN ABLE TO NOTICE.

The REAL deal
HORSE

LoveGirl: Not everyone has a penis small enough that it doesn't cause problems, I know people (such as my love, Michael) that would rather have a much smaller penis, even average. Not everyone finds large penises as important as you do, HHSO. Some people have had emotionally painful experiences resulting from being overly endowed and I think you are offensive towards people of this nature.

What I mean by insinuating that it is okay to look at it on the computer but not in real life is that, ANYONE and EVERYONE around sees you when you walk down the street, children won't know enough not to look, it makes them think that this is how it is supposed to be which may lead them to wanting to do the same at a very young age. As for being called a gay-basher I would have to disagree. I have nothing wrong with exhibitionism or homosexuality as long as it is done where everyone around doesn't have to be exposed to it. People should stop with the groping and making out in public places no matter what their sexual preference is. If I was a mother I wouldn't willingly allow my little one to be exposed to public displays of sexuality because when sexuality is awakened early in life it causes nothing but trouble (I know first hand and second hand experiences). What I'm trying to say is not everyone wants to see half naked people and when people dress like that in public and someone with a distaste for exhibitonism, even for a glimpse or out of the corner of their eye they sees more skin on a strange person than is within their range of comfort, it causes them problems and makes them want to be somewhere else. I personally want to be able to go to the grocery store and not see a half naked person ever 20 steps. I feel like a hermit, I stay at home all the time.