Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Since discovering my bisexuality, I've found that in my experience girls, that identify as heterosexual wouldn't consider a bisexual man as a partner. This is both from personal involvement and from the opinions of several straight female friends I have asked. A couple reasons I heard repeated was that they "Wouldn't want to be with a guy that's slept with another man." and they "Hate the idea of being left for or cheated on with someone that wasn't a woman."

These were all things I didn't have to consider when I identified as straight lol (btw I've only considered myself for a few years now)

Have you found different? Do you exclude anyone that doesn't identify as queer when considering dating? If you do date straight women do you tell them you're bi? and if so when? How have things worked out for you? I would really appreciate hearing your experiences and thoughts.

Reactions: bi2

dickthrobbing

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Bisexuality is often a difficult journey for us bisexuals to get to a point where we understand what it is fall about or ourselves for someone who is 100% het it may be something they just do not want to understand.
Het women and 100% gay guys are more likely to be looking for a relationship, we bi's have, unfairly, the stigma that we would not be satisfied from a single sexually orientated partner that we will always want to play around

j_smitty

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Bisexuality is often a difficult journey for us bisexuals to get to a point where we understand what it is fall about or ourselves for someone who is 100% het it may be something they just do not want to understand.
Het women and 100% gay guys are more likely to be looking for a relationship, we bi's have, unfairly, the stigma that we would not be satisfied from a single sexually orientated partner that we will always want to play around
Seriously, thanks a lot for taking the time to share your thoughts. I definitely understand what you mean, the stigmas and largely inaccurate reputation bisexuals face is something I've discovered for myself. Difficult journey is a very apt way of describing it, because it can feel like an exploratory process, in both myself and navigating bisexual experiences with others.

dickthrobbing

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Seriously, thanks a lot for taking the time to share your thoughts. I definitely understand what you mean, the stigmas and largely inaccurate reputation bisexuals face is something I've discovered for myself. Difficult journey is a very apt way of describing it, because it can feel like an exploratory process, in both myself and navigating bisexual experiences with others.

It can and is at times a frustrating journey butt the rewards on the way are great. I have found it best to just to go with the flow, experiment butt above all enjoy the encounters you have with others weather female, male or anyone in-between

Reactions: bi2 and j_smitty