Experiences With Hobosexuals

Ask a Man has created a duplicate thread in the mistaken assumption that men can’t respond here.

Female Hobosexuals

I think it’s been mentioned in this thread, that there are also women who are guilty of this behaviour. The OP started this off as a discussion of male hobosexuals, but I’ve seen it happen with women, too.

I also have a problem with some of the comments made in the thread, but that’s a whole other conversation (and there’s a guy taking them on quite eloquently).

I was also under te assumption men weren't allowed to join the conversation. It was in part due to the 'heading' that's fixed to the top of the 'Women's Issues' forum. I thought it referred to all the threats beneath it, this one included.
This group is open to women or transgendered women, no men! :smile:

We realize that although this may sound excessively stringent, we value our friendships and the ability to have an outlet for questions, concerns or private discussions outside of the general site. We take ourselves seriously but not too seriously :smile:

Back on topic, to all:
Haven't got any of this experience myself, but a friend or two of mine have. Both homosexuals like myself and in both cases the other dudes had trouble with getting and staying employed, language issues and trouble making a home here.

My mates took them in and tried to help them but there was just such an imbalance there. Seeing that I don't believe with such a 'power-imbalance' can ever work in a loving / romantic relationship.

And this probably goes for any relationship, being it Male/Male, Female/Female, Female/Male or even when there's more than two to the party.
It's probably a good idea to be able to take care of oneself and not being forced into decency on another.
Which isn't to say it's a bad idea to give or accept help when needed.

Besides what I've posted above there have been three divorces I've witnessed where the issue was support. All them involved also children.

One of the guys, an older chap, was just an idiot. He chose to divorce in what seemed to be mid-life crisis and couldn't handle that he having been married for a long time still was obliged to partly still keep supporting his wife. Which wasn't un-fair as it had been the deal that he would work and she give up her career to raise their child. And they were married in another time.

The other two, much younger, couples and both with two kids who divorced worried me more.

I got this feeling what the working male was able to pay was never enough. Both ladies seemed to 'demand' almost that they be able to live at the same level of comfort. Forgetting that sharing cost of living is much cheaper so there just wasn't as much money to go around as before.
And in these two cases it were the wives/mothers that chose to divorce. Four kids were dragged into the fight. Awful mess and heartbreaking.

Reactions: Barberseville

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I was also under te assumption men weren't allowed to join the conversation. It was in part due to the 'heading' that's fixed to the top of the 'Women's Issues' forum. I thought it referred to all the threats beneath it, this one included.

There’s only one place men can’t respond and that’s the Ask a Woman forum. The Real Ladies Group is a private support group for verified women (verified here or with the group owner). The reason it’s pinned is so that women know there’s a haven away from the threads and pics. It has nothing to do with posting in the WI forum, but since most women end up here, it’s a good way to let them know it exists.

Sorry for the derailment. :)

Reactions: lms28

There’s only one place men can’t respond and that’s the Ask a Woman forum. The Real Ladies Group is a private support group for verified women (verified here or with the group owner). The reason it’s pinned is so that women know there’s a haven away from the threads and pics. It has nothing to do with posting in the WI forum, but since most women end up here, it’s a good way to let them know it exists.

Sorry for the derailment. :)

A little derailment keeps things interesting.
Thanks for the clarification.

Reactions: LaFemme

Acratopotes

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Not sure why the compressed volume of a guy's apparel is a deciding factor on whether you consider him worthy?

I suppose the assumtion is that to limit oneself to that small number of clothes takes some deliberate effort and someone would only do that if he needed to be able to move on at a moment's notice.

But people are different. I have been living in my current house with my wife for nearly ten years. As hung up and put away my clothes occupy one half of a large double wardrone and a chest of drawers. I suspect they may occupy more than a couple of bin bags. Mostly that's because I have not sorted through them in years, though, rather than either spending a large amount of money on clothes or having a need for an extensive selection.