Experiences with Tribulus Terrestris?

sccp

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Greenville (South Carolina, United States)
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
Just curious have any of you tried Tribulus Terrestris supplements and what positive/negative effects did you get from it? I've been taking Fish Oil and L-Arginine 1000mg daily but haven't noticed much change from them after taking them two weeks.

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Tried this stuff awhile back. It can be purchased right off the shelf at GNC. Haven't tried it in the last year or so. Not sure if it's safe to take with HBP medication.

neils1153

1st Like
Media
i tried some very good quality Trib years back just to see what the hype was about... it was marketed heavily at one point as a natural "testostorone", booster... needless to say i couldent have been more disapointed... depends on what you are wanting it to do... just know this its a "natural", supplement so dont expect wonderous gains and results from it...

Oilslickcowboy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Trib a can work and boost your test levels a little, but it is important to remember that when you boost Test levels your body will produce estrogen as well. That’s why guys who do a lot of roids get depressed when they come off their body’s have produced a truck load of Estrogen trying to maintain a balanced system. Your other two supplements work given time and you may not notice the change because it happens gradually but stop taking for a while and you will see the difference as you go back to “normal.”

steeler_999

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I tried it several years ago. I took it for about a year. I read a recommendation somewhere that you should cycle it, so I would take it for five days in a row and then skip three days.

I did seem to notice some positive effect, slightly increased energy level and slightly increased libido, etc. But that could have been a psychological placebo effect. Also, at the time I was doing a lot of weight lifting, which can boost testosterone by itself. So the effect might have been from that instead of the tribulus.

After about a year, taking tribulus seemed to start boosting my blood pressure and heart rate a bit, so I stopped taking it.

Tribulus appears to me to be another one of the many things that can have a certain amount of limited benefit for some men. But I don't think that it's anything to get too excited about. The manufacturer of one brand even said that it's benefits disappear after you've taken it for about six months, because your body gets used to it or whatever.