Explain Yourself !

BigPoppaFury

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Ever since I was about 17 I was called Big Poppa, I don't really know why, specially at 17. I'm a fairly big bloke, but nothing huge. The 'fury' part is taken from my bands name.

circumstances

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I've used "circumstances" as my screenname on the 'net since early 1998. I was going through a divorce, my band was breaking up, etc. and so on. Rush has been my favorite band since I was 13, I was trying to choose a screenname while Hemispheres was playing, circumstances (the song) came on, and it clicked (because I love the song plus all the other myriad things that were going through my head at that particular moment). Fascinating, I know. :p

And remember, "plus ca change, plus c'est la meme chose." ;)

B_DoubleMeatWhopper

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I'll tell the story again for those who are new(ish).

When I was about sixteen, one of my older brothers brought home his date. I was in the shower at the time. At my house, we don't lock the bathroom door; if the door is closed, we assume it's occupied. I was just stepping out of the tub and towelling off my hair when Lucas's date decided she needed to powder her nose. Well, you can guess what she saw. After apologising for walking in on me, she walked back out and told my two older brothers, "For such a little guy, he sure has a whopper!" My brothers found this funny and began calling me "Whopper" as a nickname. The girl didn't realise, at least at the time, that all the brothers in my family came fully equipped with whoppers.

At school, my friends heard my brother call me Whopper, and asked me about it. I explained the story to them. One of them said, "I've seen you in the lockerroom: that's a double meat Whopper!" We all laughed, and the name stuck.

BigPoppaFury

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
circumstances said:
I've used "circumstances" as my screenname on the 'net since early 1998. I was going through a divorce, my band was breaking up, etc. and so on. Rush has been my favorite band since I was 13, I was trying to choose a screenname while Hemispheres was playing, circumstances (the song) came on, and it clicked (because I love the song plus all the other myriad things that were going through my head at that particular moment). Fascinating, I know. :p

And remember, "plus ca change, plus c'est la meme chose." ;)

Hemispheres is a work of genius. My favourite Rush album

BBB2.5

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Well, When I started to work out and started to gain a little muscle. People in the gym would ask one of the trainers .."who's that"...well he would tell them that I was
" Baby Body Builder" ...I shortened it to BBB2.5. I also added the 2.5, because it was the number of years I had been working out....:smirk:

contranimal

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I picked this name cuz I couldnt remember my old one and have since changed email addresses and no longer have AOL but this name broken down is

West Coast - Because I live in California on the west coast

Tuba - becuase I play tuba ( and I HATE the standard Omm-Pah parts UGH )

1982 - is the year I was born

SpiceboyMJ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I had a fun fascination with The Spice Girls back in the day and some friends of mine nicknamed me Spice Boy. MJ are my first two initials.

UniDude

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Cheese made me laugh out loud.

I used to work at Univeral Studios, hence UniDude. Most people thing it means one or something like that. I guess I could be a Unicycle rider or something, but I'm not.

rawbone8

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
SpiceboyMJ said:
I had a fun fascination with The Spice Girls back in the day and some friends of mine nicknamed me Spice Boy. MJ are my first two initials.

I remember celebrating a someone's birthday (she's the gay cousin of a close pal) and was the only straight guy in a group made up otherwise of lesbians and bi women who all adopted spice girl monikers for the evening. It was a gay bar. I of course was Old Spice.

AlobarFLL

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Alobar is the fictional character that I identify with the most (from "Jitterbug Perfume", by Tom Robbins). FLL is the airport code for Fort Lauderdale, where I live, work and especially play!

D_alex8

Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I'm guessing that my first name is Alex and that 8 is also a significant figure, but what would I know? :rolleyes: