Eye contact - how do you interpret it?

dongalong

Mythical Member
Media
A lot can be said without words just by the way people look at you or you at them.

How do you interpret eye contact from someone you are trying to seduce or who seems interested in you?

Do you have a checklist of actions before you decide that you or they are or are not interested? If yes, list your theories.

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I catch the eyes of people looking at me in public but I always attributed it to something other that sexual interest, because I like to look at all types of people even one's I'm not attracted to sexually. I am usually oblivious when people are cruising me in public places unless it is blatant. Catching someone's eyes and keeping it for at least 1 second is a good sign that there's mutual attraction. A stare and a smile or grin is a clear signal; winks also mean I'm interested or we have some connection (this is kinda cheesy). Raised eyebrows are a good sign too. Unfortunately you can be attracted to someone and never look them in the eyes - this happens to me all the time so it comes as a complete suprise when someone that has been ingoring you comes on to you.

dongalong

Mythical Member
Media
Unfortunately you can be attracted to someone and never look them in the eyes - this happens to me all the time so it comes as a complete suprise when someone that has been ingoring you comes on to you.
This is partly why I started the thread, I thought it strange why my attractive neighbour almost goes overboard in avoiding eye contact, normally if you aren't interested you would at least politely look in a neighbour's eyes and say hello.
The way I look at it is, she either finds me physically repulsive (I'm not that ugly!:confused: ) or she might be interested but very, very shy! Of course she could just be rude, which is normal in Paris!:wink:

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
The way I look at it is, she either finds me physically repulsive (I'm not that ugly!:confused: ) or she might be interested but very, very shy! Of course she could just be rude, which is normal in Paris!:wink:

I would be embarrassed by rejection. To think that I came on to you and you rejected me would be unbearable if I lived next door to you and had to bump into you again and again. I'd have a hard time looking you in the eye afterwards.

BigPoppaFury

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Here are the ways in which I interpret eye contact:

1. Uh oh, is my fly undone?
2. Don't look so disgusted
3. What the fuck are you looking at?
4. Was she checking me out? Pity she's not hot.

B_ScaredLittleBoy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Eye contact, especially prolonged eye contact, das guud.

Only time I don't like it is when its a girl I don't fancy looking at me giving the dirty looks like 'I wanna fuck you'...hard to explain. Making excuses to walk past etc...don't like that.

Eye contact is good but I never seem to act on it :redface:

leatherbottom

Experimental Member
Media
Depends on culture also. Some Native American Indians do not make eye contact, ever. it is consider rude, like you are trying to rob thier soul.

Espically true of Women with strange men.

I never notice anyone looking at me, in fact even after someone points it out I usually miss it. Just a little too shy I guess.

Ethyl

Legendary Member
Media
Philadelphia (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
If I hold his gaze for more than a few seconds and he doesn't look away, it's a sign of good things to come.

If I hold his gaze for a second and he looks away, blushes, and looks at me again, it's a sign of good things to come.

sdbg

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I'm not shy about making eye contact. Usually when I'm out in public, there will be clean cut young guys that I'll notice. When our eyes meet, I instinctively smile. Sometimes the dudes look away, and sometimes they smile back. I love getting smiles!