Eye contact - how do you interpret it?

WildHoney

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I never make eye contact in generaL public in a flirting manner EVER.

I go through shops and anywhere with lots of people , with my eyes straight ahead and job to do.

I am a really shit flirter, and I hate being misinterpreted and approached by strange men. I actually hate male attention when I am not "ready for it"

I have mentioned ina previous thread I dress down and try to be ugly to go about my day without having to deal with it.

I love male attention when I am feeling sexy, without my kids or business around me and have a wine in my hand and a weekend in front of me.

So to me, general day to day flirting and eye contact is lost and not wanted with strangers.

x
Honey

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I am a really shit flirter, and I hate being misinterpreted and approached by strange men. I actually hate male attention when I am not "ready for it"

WH or any ladies out there, do you think most women live in constant fear of being raped? I always feel like if I stare at a woman in public she will think I'm going to rape her so I go out of my way to ignore some of them sometimes- double for walking behind them on a sidewalk. Their fear often gets in the way of just being friendly.

Ethyl

Legendary Member
Media
Philadelphia (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
WH or any ladies out there, do you think most women live in constant fear of being raped? I always feel like if I stare at a woman in public she will think I'm going to rape her so I go out of my way to ignore some of them sometimes- double for walking behind them on a sidewalk. Their fear often gets in the way of just being friendly.

I wouldn't say I live in constant fear but I am always aware of my surroundings when i'm out in public. You get a different vibe when a guy is looking at you appreciatively and smiling than if he's staring at you in that unnerving sort of way. Last I was in Chicago riding the El, the guy sitting across from me stared at me with a blank expression. Nothing flirtatious about it. Even when I stared back at him, his gaze didn't waver and the expression did not change. Made me extremely nervous and glad I was with a friend. Unfortunately it's a fact of life that women are seen as weak and targets for some. I'd rather be careful than dead.

B_cigarbabe

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight

No, I never have that fear. even when I am in some place unfamiliar
I walk around with my head held eye,meet all eye contact,and give
off an air of supiorority,and confidence. I have noticed women walking in their own neighborhoods with their heads down afraid to make eye contact
and holding their purses tightly. I can just tell,this person is going to be robbed or harrased in some way. People pick up on your body language
far too much for me to walk around being shyor scared!
cigarbabe:saevilw:

lemont77

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
A lot depends on location, but, for the most part, you should treat eye contact as eye contact. Doesn't have to mean more than that, and, in most cases, it doesn't! So just smile, nod at that person, and go back to your business. If the other person wants to pursue it, let them!

Obviously, this only applies if someone makes eye contact with you! If you make eye contact with someone else...well, you should know what the hell you're thinking about!

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I can just tell,this person is going to be robbed or harrased in some way. People pick up on your body language
far too much for me to walk around being shyor scared!
cigarbabe:saevilw:

Cigarbabe -You've hit the nail right on the head. Yeah now that you mention it its the ones that have that body language of "don't come near me" that I avoid staring at or walking behind. They are the prime targets for harassment because they just ooze fear and weakness.

Getting back to the thread, the ol' let's fuck look needs an appropriate name. Is this it?

*squinty eyes one slighly more open that the other- tip of the tongue ever so lightly wetting the top lip.*

On second thought I think only drag queens and hookers do that. What do men do? I always get that blank stare - that could be interpreted 10 different ways.

Femme

Experimental Member
Media
What an important topic...
For me personally, eye contact is key. I can't post any rules as to its interpretation...you just know, somehow.
One time I was kneeling to get a file at work, and when I looked up I found this guy looking at me. I looked him straight in the eyes, for what is about 2 - 3 seconds. (If you actually hold your breath for that period of time and imagine looking in somebody's eyes and not saying anything - it's not a short period of time)
This sort of affirmed our mutual attraction.