Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Thanks ! I know myspace is still quite popular, especially among the more famous and celebrity like, but facebook appears to be the way of the future judging by the many articles and what some of my mates have said to me about it. Bepo is quite popular too in the UK and other parts of Europe so that's a plus too.

Yeah, I just read an article that last week Facebook overtook mySpace in total usage, it definitely seems to be becoming the network of choice. I just joined a couple months ago when a bunch of my friends started to migrate over. Now it is one of my two web addictions (this being the other:wink:). I only log in to mySpace once or twice a week any more to promote stuff.

IntoxicatingToxin

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I'm just going to say hi. And see where it goes
I'm just worried about him getting creeped out

Well, one easy way to see if he's gay or not is see what his orientation is on Facebook. I guess there's a chance he's left it blank, but 98% of people will put whether they are interested in men, women, or both... and if he's on your friends list, it shouldn't be difficult information to find.

gcbenji0

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Well, one easy way to see if he's gay or not is see what his orientation is on Facebook. I guess there's a chance he's left it blank, but 98% of people will put whether they are interested in men, women, or both... and if he's on your friends list, it shouldn't be difficult information to find.

well it says interested in women but so does mine. that means nothing.

I haven't got a facebook or myspace or bepo account, so was wondering if any of you could point me in the right direction. Is one better than the other ? Can you post youtube videos of yourself on any of the accounts or something of the like ?

if youre over the age of 25 i recommend neither. and please do not join facebook if you are over 22.
it's really lame with old people.

IntoxicatingToxin

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
if youre over the age of 25 i recommend neither. and please do not join facebook if you are over 22.

Well that's fucked up. lol.

Personally, I have MySpace and Facebook. MySpace is more simple, Facebook is more fun. It's up to you to decide. Facebook has these applications you can add to your profile to make it interactive and fun with the other people on your friends list, MySpace does not. Some people don't want all that crap, though.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
well it says interested in women but so does mine. that means nothing. Grrr, people like you piss me off! :headache: You get mad at others for lying to you online; but you can't even be honest about something as simple as your being bisexual.

if youre over the age of 25 i recommend neither. and please do not join facebook if you are over 22. it's really lame with old people.

:rofl: ROTFLMAO Only a child thinks anyone over 22 is old. :rolleyes: :lmao: And if you think us old folks are going to take your advice on this, you are sadly mistaken. Especially since many of us already have Facebook accounts. :cool:

Primal_Savage

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
yeah just converse about everyday things like you would with anyone else uve just met, what you like, what you did today, last week, see what you have in common that you both like, maybe that will lead to a date to persue these interest..

From an older guy's perspective, I agree. Possibilities are endless..ask him if he jogs, works at a gym, interested in going to a sporting event, hunting, fishing, cars, hobbies.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
well it says interested in women but so does mine. that means nothing.

You really are a nasty little queen into playing games, aren't you?

playainda336

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Greensboro (North Carolina, United States)
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Unfortunately, he's right...about one thing at least.

You'd be surprised of how many people who's profiles say "Interested in Women" and then they drop me a line, to which I act cordial until it goes to the point in which I must be frank.

I can't back him up on the "old people" thing. I have teachers who are on Facebook and get around just fine. I will say that it is geared more or less to people who are in school, surrounded by schools, or are of college age.

unique_exposure

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Facebook works very well for me to keep in contact with High School & college mates, to reconnect or meet friend-of-friends. Its a total blast to see old friends who I normally wouldn't come into contact with.
If over 22 is old, I'm ancient at just over 30.

Juicee Jubes

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I feel it doesnt matter what you say - so long as you say it with honest intention in mind. Compliments are good but only if genuine. Whats the worse thing that can happen - accept that and work upwards.

*his not interested, well nothing lost, or ventured/gained.
*he blocks you from fb, with fact that you really were not friends before.
*he say kool be great to make new buddy - yay!

If concern is about looking daggy- i mean asking for intial icebreaker is already so have no more fear, just say or do what feels right and if in doubt leave it out.

Cuddle

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
*snip* I can't back him up on the "old people" thing. I have teachers who are on Facebook and get around just fine. I will say that it is geared more or less to people who are in school, surrounded by schools, or are of college age.

While it's original purpose was for use by college students it has since expanded exponentially.

Facebook is a social networkingwebsite, launched on February 4, 2004. Facebook was founded by Mark Zuckerberg, a former Harvard student. Initially the membership of Facebook was restricted to students of Harvard College. It was subsequently expanded to MIT, Boston University, Boston College, and all Ivy League schools within two months. Many individual universities were added in rapid succession over the next year.

Eventually, people with a university (e.g .edu, .ac.uk, etc.) email address from institutions across the globe were eligible to join. Networks were then initiated for high schools on February 27, 2006 and some large companies. Since September 11, 2006, anyone 13 or older may join.[2][3] Users can select to join one or more participating networks, such as a school, place of employment, geographic region, or social group.

The site has more than 62 million active users (including non-collegiate members) worldwide.[4] From September 2006 to September 2007 the site's traffic ranking increased from 60th to 7th, according to Alexa.[5] It is the most popular website for uploading photos, with 14 million uploaded daily.[4]

The name of the site refers to the paper facebooks depicting members of the campus community that some U.S. colleges and preparatory schools give to incoming students, faculty, and staff as a way to get to know other people on campus.

gcbenji0

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Well you have to consider how you look when you are on facebook/myspace past a certain age.
when facebook used to be college only it was a lot better.