Facebook Hook-ups

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by edonline, Jan 26, 2009.

1. edonline

Gold Member

Has anyone ever used Facebook or another online comminity to hook-up with past crushes / relationships / tricks / etc?

2. smashass

smashass New Member

Albums:
    Yea, it rarely works. Girls don't want to commit to being "sluts" over Facebook. They'd rather do it in person, or at least on the phone. If you're private messaging them on Facebook, they know exactly what is up.

3. Skull Mason

Gold Member

Albums:
    works for me

4. jjsjr

Gold Member

Albums:
    I'm an addict.

I love Facebook.

5. TomSchmo

TomSchmo Member

Facebook has worked for me.

6. D_Hyacinth Harrytwat

D_Hyacinth Harrytwat Account Disabled

An old friend of my brother's approached me through Facebook (lived in different cities but were "home" for the holidays) and we dated a bit. The idiot changed his relationship status to being in a relationship with another girl and I was like "ok it's over" and he tried to say it was a joke. *rolls eyes* We all know Facebook doesn't lie, and it turned out he was lying to me.

He messaged me 8 months later to ask for my phone number to appologize for treating me that way and I was like "Dude, I'm in France. I've long forgotten about it." He tried to make it this huge drama.

So I'm a little bitter about random guys approaching me on websites, needless to say :p

#6 D_Hyacinth Harrytwat, Jan 27, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2009
  7. Principessa

Gold Member

Nope, a guy I haven't seen since the day we graduated from high school 24 years ago found me on facebook and all I could think was, why? We weren't great friends then. Besides I was better friends with his gay brother who went on to become an accomplished art dealer.

Yes, I was a fag hag even in high school. I just didn't know that was the word for it then. :redface:

8. leonceswim

leonceswim Active Member

Albums:
    its a good way to meet up with a girl if you meet her when you were drinking and didnt remember to give her your number or she forgot to give you hers...or if you got pulled away from her by a friend and taken home soon after (like it happened last week) haha. but yeah, it works!

9. D_Martin van Burden

D_Martin van Burden Account Disabled

I use Facebook to stay connected to my colleagues in the department more than anything. I have looked up people from high school in the past, but I thought about it the same way njqt did. Why now? Plus, I graduated ten years ago and I don't keep up with anyone; it would feel way too forced otherwise. Hmmm. Maybe it was two or three years ago, not sure, but I buddied some classmates, then we met at a Denny's or something about 30 miles out of town. I sat down. We talked about how different we look, but I didn't really know what else to say. I just finished up my onion rings, went home, deleted them the next day, and went on about my business.

10. Principessa

Gold Member

I love it! :lmao: You are a great reality check for me. :cool:

11. Waruiko_ne

Waruiko_ne Member

Albums:
    No. I'm the same way. my first thought... and probably only is "Umm... We weren't friends in school and we aren't friends now. Why are you adding me?".

12. digdugm2000

digdugm2000 Active Member

Albums:
    I had a message a few weeks ago from a guy who was 3 years younger than me and I don't even remember. I guess we were on swim team together and he did a search for me on FB and found me.
    He asked if I was gay and said he always remembered my big dick and that he had a huge crush on me. I have no desire to hook up and he lives in another state. It was funny to hear him say that the whole team used to talk about my dick and secretly made jokes about me in my speedo.

13. tgw

tgw
    Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    The word "friend" is relative term in the Facebook world. I am only "friends" with a handful of the people on my list. It's so vacuous, but I too have enjoyed many hours of time wasting courtesy of Facebook.

Never have used it for "hooking up."

Although not a member myself, I think MySpace works the same way.

14. mattsrod7

Gold Member

Albums:
    I hate how people you never really were friends with, add you as friends. Then delete you a few weeks later, cause you get another invite from them. Then you go to look at their profile, and it says you need to be their friend. Then they add you again for some reason. But the best part is you see them later on the street and your like "hey" and they walk right by you. Just pointless...

15. edonline

Gold Member

I joined FB about a month and already have about two dozen friends. Some are people with whom I would have liked to have remained in contact with, others are are people I barely remember and some are friends of friends. I've also found a few ex-coworkers. There a couple of guys whose profiles caught my eye, but I realize the weirdness of meeting someone online after some years and saying "hey, you're still hot. want to get together and have some fun?" :biggrin1: Still cool to chat with them, at least until the novelty wears off. I hope to remain in contact with just a few of them though.

16. dickman45885

dickman45885 New Member

Albums:
    my friends on face book are former students...it is nice to keep in touch with them and see them in their "other" life.

17. molotow11

molotow11 New Member

Albums:
    it definatly works. the gay guys are nice and easy!

18. TallHungLB

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Really? Facebook to hook up? I agree with the others by saying that Facebook is best for staying in touch with friends and colleagues. I don't think any of my friends have used Facebook for anything other than keeping up to date and connecting with lost friends from work, school, church, or whatever.
    MySpace on the other hand. That started innocent but quickly turned the corner and became all about hook ups and spam from cheap sex sites, which is exactly why I cancelled that membership and joined Facebook.

Now don't think me a prude or anything. I have memberships on a variety of hook up sites, and they have definately served their purpose. Above and beyond I would even say. I just want my networking sites to stay separate from my let's work it sites!

Draft saved Draft deleted