FACEBOOK - Is it okay ?

D_Relentless Original

Cherished Member
Media
I signed up for facebook today, i found a lot of people from my past however i could not click into their profile - do i have to add them as a friend first to do so ?.

Unless i am looking in the wrong place there is limited info on how the site works.

Any tips on how to use the site would be good.

And any problems you may have encountered

D

deleted3782

I have reconnected to a lot of people through Facebook. Its a good thing. You will enjoy it. Just put in some friends requests...like we do here.

got_lost

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I can't get used to it at all!!!

I'm a myspace fiend and just cannot get to grips with facebook, however hard I try!

D_one and done

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
hey K8! i know where you took that avatar pic! lol awesome!!!

oh right. facebook is pretty cool for keeping in touch with old friends. it has been the root of a little drama in my life though... people take the internet way too seriously.

Last edited:

D_Fiona_Farvel

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Facebook is OK.
I have it to keep in touch with my closest friends now, whereas before, I had too many people and there was ridiculousness. My advice, keep it small, and only those you do not mind having extra access to personal information. :)

Sklar

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I'm on facebook and am having a fun time with it.

I've had phenomenal success in finding people with it. Much better than reunion.com.

Give it some time before you make a final decision.

Sklar

D_Tintagel_Demondong

Sexy Member
Media
I have reconnected to a lot of people through Facebook. Its a good thing. You will enjoy it. Just put in some friends requests...like we do here.
It only took me a month to convince you to get on Facebook :cool:

I signed up for facebook today, i found a lot of people from my past however i could not click into their profile - do i have to add them as a friend first to do so ?.

Unless i am looking in the wrong place there is limited info on how the site works.

Any tips on how to use the site would be good.

And any problems you may have encountered
Facebook is mostly for real people, so you won't find as many fake profiles or alot of other myspace crap. It's also much more private. You pretty much answered your own question when it comes to privacy; you can't see full profiles of members unless you are on their Friends list. They have mini profiles now, which have your picture and a few stats--nothing I'd worry about. I haven't really heard of any facebook horror stories (other than Paris Hilton's).

I'd recommend it to practically anyone. You'd be surprised at who you find on there.

D

deleted3782

It only took me a month to convince you to get on Facebook :cool:

Actually, if you look at my Facebook page, you will see I joined on the day I first chatted with you. :wink: It took you hours to convine me, if not minutes.

It never takes me long to agree with you... :tongue:

Novaboy

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Jeff Black mentioned to take care about setting your privacy settings on full (I'm not sure of the correct term) A friend of mine is concerned that people she allows to access her site can send a link or a photo to someone who can then pass it on to someone else. She is worried that this will give other access to her site . Probably doesn't make sense. If no one can make sense of this jibberish, I'll check with her and get a better explanation of the problem.

Novaboy

D_Tintagel_Demondong

Sexy Member
Media
Jeff Black mentioned to take care about setting your privacy settings on full (I'm not sure of the correct term) A friend of mine is concerned that people she allows to access her site can send a link or a photo to someone who can then pass it on to someone else. She is worried that this will give other access to her site . Probably doesn't make sense. If no one can make sense of this jibberish, I'll check with her and get a better explanation of the problem.

Novaboy

This isn't possible. You can't see anyone's full profile unless they accept you as a friend. I wouldn't have my personal stats and family members on my proifle it that weren't the case.

I make facebook apps, and I'm very familiar with thier API. I hope this rubbish doesn't become a meme.

Roscoz

Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
i found facebook really quite difficult, bebo is much more fun and easier. I deleted my facebook a while ago. I also think you can have too many social networks. One is enough :p