Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I've been a facebook maniac for the last few months and caught up with a lot of friends from High School. There is this one guy that gained weight and was on a mission to lose it. He did great and lost 30 lbs. He looks great but now he is being a dick about it. posing in front of the mirror taking pics, telling everyone to get off their ass and work out etc. You can tell from replies that he is pissing people off. Hot body or not, its a complete turn off when your attitude fucks it up. Do you guys know anyone like that, how do you react to them ?

denton85

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Port Jefferson Station (New York, United States)
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
In highschool i was an Offensive Lineman at around 220 pounds ( only 5-9 but a small highschool) since then i've dropped down to 165 ( i have a little bit of muscle on me too, not just weight loss)... most people (mostly girls) have complimented on my appearance. Since the weight loss i've had the exact opposite reaction however. I take offense when girls seemingly only take interest in me because of the way i look. At heart i'm a geek, and a nerd. Since i've lost weight it's been harder to find girls who were interested in me, not just how i look.... however i don't want to gain the weight back cause i'm such a nerd\ geek that i think of my physical body as an RPG... i just want to improve my self...

but i know what u mean. I've met guys from HS that lost weight that went from average high school shallow to even more shallow to the point of complete DICK/ ASS. i think it's more to do with people who want to take revenge on the abuse they took in HS.... it's sad in a way... but at the same expense i can't blame them either. i was ridiculed for my size/look and if i was just a little bit different than i am now... i might be in their place doing the same.

I just wish for the best in everyone ... (god i've gotten to the point of cheesy ... i'm cutting myself off .... no more scotch)

AZNEWGUY

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
In highschool i was an Offensive Lineman at around 220 pounds ( only 5-9 but a small highschool) since then i've dropped down to 165 ( i have a little bit of muscle on me too, not just weight loss)... most people (mostly girls) have complimented on my appearance. Since the weight loss i've had the exact opposite reaction however. I take offense when girls seemingly only take interest in me because of the way i look. At heart i'm a geek, and a nerd. Since i've lost weight it's been harder to find girls who were interested in me, not just how i look.... however i don't want to gain the weight back cause i'm such a nerd\ geek that i think of my physical body as an RPG... i just want to improve my self...

but i know what u mean. I've met guys from HS that lost weight that went from average high school shallow to even more shallow to the point of complete DICK/ ASS. i think it's more to do with people who want to take revenge on the abuse they took in HS.... it's sad in a way... but at the same expense i can't blame them either. i was ridiculed for my size/look and if i was just a little bit different than i am now... i might be in their place doing the same.

I just wish for the best in everyone ... (god i've gotten to the point of cheesy ... i'm cutting myself off .... no more scotch)

Thanks for your input. I know there should be bragging rights, but to a certain point. I guess modesty is dead lol. What about the women in here, would you rather have the ass with the hard body, or a cool guy with the average body ?

phsycopunk1991

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
yea i have seen alot of people change because there phsycal looks changed my best friend in middle school used to just be well not to good looking. but she was a great person and i used to chill with that girl everyday even after school i found her on face book when i signed up about a week ago and we met up and got something to eat to catch up and well i could'nt even stand sitting with her she became the type of person that thinks there better then everyone else shes a snob has the worst attitude i have ever seen in my life.
i sat there for like 10 mins then ended up bouncein.
See in hs i was a little heavier well like 30 lbs but i dont think i changed very much so i can get with more girls now because i have more self confidence but i'm not going to try to put some one else down to lift my self up i find that incompitent and just hella stupid.

A

AM_092

I don't personally know anyone like that, but I think it's only natural. If you have a massive change of appearance (positively), I think you're kind of allowed to brag a bit... But maybe not to an extent of becoming a dickhead.

hud01

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I've been a facebook maniac for the last few months and caught up with a lot of friends from High School. There is this one guy that gained weight and was on a mission to lose it. He did great and lost 30 lbs. He looks great but now he is being a dick about it. posing in front of the mirror taking pics, telling everyone to get off their ass and work out etc. You can tell from replies that he is pissing people off. Hot body or not, its a complete turn off when your attitude fucks it up. Do you guys know anyone like that, how do you react to them ?
Two ways to go about it. Either ignore it and move on, or send him a PM saying that he might want to chill, that over jealousness tend to turn people off.

It's the same thing as the person who stopped smoking whose mission is to get others to quit, the vegan who lectures people on how they kill cows during the meal, or the reformed alcoholic who hates it when others drink.

Last edited:

SR_Blarney_Frank

Experimental Member
Media
Two ways to go about it. Either ignore it and move on, or send him a PM saying that he might want to chill, that over jealousness tend to turn people off.

Eh, just ignore the guy. Any rebuff he receives will likely be perceived as envy and probably bolster his attitude. The best attention you can give an attention hog is... none...

But yeah I can relate as I've experienced the same thing and it particularly comes from men. Women losing weight tend to be supportive of one another. Men just get juvenile about it.

And by the way, I'm sure nobody ostracized him for gaining 30 pounds. Not sure why he'd expect a ticker tape parade for losing it.

Last edited:

D_Tim McGnaw

Account Disabled
Media
Oh god why do you care ? The guy is obviously delighted with himself, if he wants to be a dick about it let him. Does it harm you ? Who hasn't been unbearable once or twice in their lifetime ?

Putting aside the fact that he's right, and most people who complain about their weight probably could stand to get off their arses, if he's high on having a new appearance now then you can be sure life will throw him a curve ball of some kind at some point. Let him be a dick if he wants, he's happy.

If your a real friend, not just an acquaintance then you'll be there for him when the fall happens, and he'll have realised that he probably hasn't been as likeable as he could be. If he's just an acquaintance then why are you bothered ? Not jealous at all maybe ? ;)

molotovmuffin

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Eh, just ignore the guy. Any rebuff he receives will likely be perceived as envy and probably bolster his attitude. The best attention you can give an attention hog is... none...

LOL... I didn't like the people I went to school with when I was in school, so I don't care about what they do now.

That said, I have tons of them on my facebook... makes for a pretty friends wheel. :wink:

Also, you have the option of hiding items from every one of your facebook friends and it's really easy to do too.

B_625girth

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
most I know are going from hot to not. high school was a long time ago, in fact there are plans for the 40yr reunion being made. I went to the 30 yr, and a gal sent a letter in saying she was definitely coming to show all the hot, beautiful people(whatever) just how gorgeous and beautiful & hot she was now rather than the quiet, shy plain jane girl she was in HS. so she showed up with her physical trainer BF. He was younger, good looking, and she looked great. long hair, big fake boobs, the rest of her looked great also, shapely ass and legs, flat stomach. what she forgot was we went to HS with a bunch of shallow fuckers and now she was just like them. I only went because I had missed all the other class reunions. out of 700 people, I am friends with about 6.

and why do women hit menopause and the thighs, ass, and stomach expand like somebody is pumping air into them. I have a lady friend who has been one hot looking chick since she was 14. she had not hardly changed a bit in 35 years. and inside a year, that beautiful shapely body now looks like a big ball on stilts(her legs). she is terribly upset, she was never a big eater, did not diet because she did not need to, her waist has almost doubled. so she diets and works out, busts her butt and loses 7 lbs and that's about it. I could hold her ass in my hands and now it is twice that size. God's cruel joke.

plumbr

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

It's the same thing as the person who stopped smoking whose mission is to get others to quit, the vegan who lectures people on how they kill cows during the meal, or the reformed alcoholic who hates it when others drink.

Well said!

More examples are...

• The poor becoming rich and look down at the poor.

• The immigrants that come into this country become "Americanized" and then look down on other immigrants.
  • The skilled craftsman who was once an apprentice now treats his apprentice like shit.
  • The professor who was once a "know it none" now pretends to be a "know-it-all."
The list keeps going on and on by the argument of human nature. The best thing is to ignore the stranger or advise your friend. Whether he changes is HIS choice.

AZNEWGUY

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Great responses. I just hate when people who have achieved these things turn out to be assholes. Yes they deserve to brag, but there is a limit. As for me being jealous, I'm happy with my body and never had complaints about it. I just feel people who were once overweight should have more sympathy for people struggling with it. Instead of making them feel like shit, help them out in a supportive manner. Tell them how you lost the weight. Again, thanks for your replies and will take the advice to IGNORE lol.

B_Nick8

Cherished Member
Media
New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
There is this one guy that gained weight and was on a mission to lose it...He looks great but now he is being a dick about it. posing in front of the mirror taking pics, telling everyone to get off their ass and work out etc.

There is no one so fanatical as the newly converted. Ignore it, and him.

yngjock20

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Dude, he was probably a dick before he lost the weight and didn't feel confident enough to be the proper dick he was when he had something hanging over his own head. Once he lost the monkey on his back he could freely douche around like he always dreamed of doing.

My suggestion: Delete from friends list and continue playing Bejewled Blitz.