Facial Hair Growth

Incocknito

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
What does one think? Good or bad?

I find that shaving my facial hair away makes me look a lot younger and thus I don't like it.

My problem is that my "moustache" (top of lip) area doesn't connect with the "goatee" (top-side of lips)...there's about a 0.5cm gap on each side.

Is there any cure for my affliction? I'm 23 and fear my beard may never be complete. Is it possible that there are no follicles in that tiny area?

blg3floor3

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I hate having facial hair. I wish it would all just permanently go away. I do have a goatee, but only because I can't be fucked to bother with all the detail work in that area on a regular basis. If I was dating a girl that didn't like facial hair when kissing, I'd get rid of it and keep up on it.

Myself, I have a spot on the right side, along the line that connects the mustache to the chin part, that is pretty thin compared to the left. For some reason. With enough hair it's not as noticeable, but even when it's freshly shaved, it's not too noticeable anyway, being blond and all.

Pendlum

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I have the same problem Incocknito. :( How I long for the day for my beard to be complete to go along with my Jesus hair! Then I will no longer need to worry about Halloween, all I need is a sheet. And if I get tired of being Jesus, I can always be a ghost with that sheet.

I don't shave mostly because I can't be assed to shave. Though I should, since I've got some respectable neck beard going on, if neck beards were respectable.

tiedhands

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Haha, I have nearly the exact same problem. My moustache is blond, and the part on my chin grows red-ish and gray (and I'm only 23). Going down the sides it's so blond that it kinda looks like there's nothing there. It looks alright, but I dunno. Sucks :(

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I've grown and shaved off various styles of facial hair since my mid-teens. Some guys have patchy areas, other guys grow full beards, but they definitely continue to fill in as you age.

The worst look for me is just a mustache: it just doesn't work with my facial structure and makes me look thin and wasted. A full beard is cool but looks ratty really quickly unless I trim it very close. Personally I prefer the sideburns/goatee look in my gallery. It's been my standard look for about 15 years (when I haven't just shaved everything off).

FWIW, my beard used to be tricolor: blond mustache, red chin and brown sideburns. The red went white in my early-30s. Once I adjusted to the look, I grew to really like it. The hair on my head has been light brown since adolescence and still isn't gray.

blackbottom2

Expert Member
Media
I love facial hair, sexy masculine hot hot hot

DAMN ALL THEM SHAVING INDUSTRY MOGHULS like razor blade manufacturers PERSUADING PEOPLE TO SPLASH OUT ON THEIR EXPENSIVE OVERPRICED SHAVING PRODUCTS THAT ARE NOT NEEDED TO MAKE MEN LOOK MORE HANDSOME

It seems that they are even after men shaving everything off now

Ed69

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

I find that shaving my facial hair away makes me look a lot younger and thus I don't like it.

My problem is that my "moustache" (top of lip) area doesn't connect with the "goatee" (top-side of lips)...there's about a 0.5cm gap on each side.

Is there any cure for my affliction? I'm 23 and fear my beard may never be complete. Is it possible that there are no follicles in that tiny area?

Give it time,mine did not fill in till I was 30.:smile:

Incocknito

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I read that facial hair "patterns" (as in where hair grows) are inherited. Has anyone noticed that?

I've been growing the goatee-tash connection for a good few months now and there's still this gap. I was under the impression that it's the hardest bit to grow but recently noticed my friend's facial hair is all connected.

It saddens me lol.

Guill

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Personally I am a huge fan of beards. I suppose that I am luck and that although it is not super dense yet neither is it patchy. I don't have that connection between the moustach and chin but i works with a full beard as long as you don't try to do a goatee, which I don't want so no problem there. Just keep it trimmed so that it stays short and shave my neck every now and then to keep a clean line. I think in general it will get thicker even if you are 23. I'm 21 and notice mine getting thicker still but there is the chance that you'll never have that connection which means you'll just have to find facial hair patters that work for you and stick to those.

Q12

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Im more of a clean shaven or stuble person myself, not really into the full beard, on most men anyway.

Little bit is nice for some roughness ;)

musclebare9

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
At 23, there is a good chance that it will get thicker. I was very hairy early but I continued to get even hairier up to age 30.

D_Tyrone_Tittickler

Experimental Member
Media

It is possible that this area will fill in with the passage of time. Your body will continue to develop for a few more years and this could mean that you will develop a fuller beard. I developed a beard during my late teens and it had become fairly dense by the time I had reached my twenties. I had to chuckle to myself when you stated that shaving made to look younger, and that you do not like this. I, on the flip side, shaved off my beard because it was greying so much that it made look much older than I am. Go figure!

freeballer24

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I agree with dogtrainer... I'm 24 and just last year I didn't have any facial hair, I've never been hairy really anywhere on my body. In just a year I have a goatee and a mustache and they are starting to connect. It's only a matter of time til it grows, then one day when your older you'll wish you didn't have it, so that you look younger.

"Life, you gotta love it"

D_Doe_Ray_Mi

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Yes, you are young and believe it or not still maturing. I've worn a full beard at times in my life and had a gap at the sides of my stash but over the years has filled in nicely. I was on antibiotics last year and noticed scalp hair falling out. A friend recommended Rogaine Foam. I tried it and it worked and the hair below my lower lip filled in too. You might try Rogaine, but only on your head. The downside is that you need to keep using it for the benefits to continue.

Last edited:

AlphaMale

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
If you want to enhance how much and how fast the hair grows in always use a straight razor.

As you get older your 5 o' clock shadow will start appearing faster and faster with a straight razor. Also hairs that you didn't think were there will start growing in longer and faster. :smile: