Facial hair, like or dislike?

Discussion in 'Women's Issues' started by Attila the Hung, Apr 3, 2011.

1. Attila the Hung

Attila the Hung Active Member

Albums:
    So ladies, as the thread title asks what are your thoughts on men`s facial hair? are you the type that is adamantly "off with the hair!!" when it comes to your man or do you like some 5 o`clock shadow or some other kind of facial hair style like a goatee or fu-manchu or whatever?

The reason I started this thread was because my GF was recently asked by a colleague of hers why she didn`t ask me to shave my facial hair as she felt I had too much of it, and that for her any man she gets serious with she insists that they must stay clean shaven for her as she cannot stand the feel of stubble apparently.

Now to me this seems excessive and my GF feels the same, although she does admit that she too prefers clean shaven for the smooth feeling as she is ticklish and when I rub my face on her body and all she gets very responsive due to my steel wool like hair haha.

But she also says that she loves the way my chinstrap-goatee combination looks on me and specifically told me never to shave it off again after I had done so a few years back as the difference in appearance was so drastic it freaked her out.

So, ladies where do you stand on this particular issue? Are you flexible on the matter or very much firmly entrenched on the no hair side of the fence, and if so why is that? Looking forward to the replies, I shall leave the thread to the women now and come back later to see what has been posted.

2. petite

petite New Member

Albums:
    If that's you in the avatar, I think it looks good.

In general, I prefer clean shaven faces. However, there are definitely certain faces that look more attractive with facial hair, so I wouldn't want those men to shave.

I'm also sensitive to stubble, but depending on the length of the facial hair, it might feel softer and not hurt when it's longer. Very short hair is more abrasive than longer hair, so I don't want a man with stubble to go down on me, ever, but it might turn me on sometimes because some men look really hot when they're stubbley! I would be fine with that as long as it's just occasional. I do so love it when a man licks me.

3. curious_angel

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Visually, facial hair can be very sexy, but friction from prickly stubble gives me a rash. As much as I love oral, red-raw inner thighs and pussy distract from the pleasure.

Kissing, licking, sucking, snuggling are all good with soft facial hair. :smile:

4. B_subgirrl

B_subgirrl New Member

In general, I prefer hair, although I have known a few guys who would look downright silly with facial hair. I'm good with just about any style, EXCEPT for mustache only.

5. Charles Finn

Gold Member

Albums:
    my beard is mine to grow don't like it tough.
    i do not have to shave and I am not going to shave.
    I keep it washed and brushed
    it is very soft and fun to play with
    would you ask Santa to shave?

6. HiddenLacey

Gold Member

Albums:
    Your facial hair looks good, your girlfriend is absolutely right. I'm not a big fan of the full bushy beard, but a week or mores scruff looks super sexy on a lot of men and the hair starts to feel soft and ticklelish.

Maybe the first day after shaving it's kind of smooth, but the 2nd or 3rd day it's like sandpaper, even kissing feels scratchy and it makes my skin raw. Most of the guys I've been on dates with have had some type of facial hair on and off. My first LTR had a goatee and I loved the way it felt.

7. Opalite

Gold Member

This.

I nearly always prefer a guy with atleast some facial hair, but preferably either beard/mustache or just a beard - stubble isn't something that I find particulary attractive, but surely not turn off as well. There are a handfull of guys that can rock the mustache-only look, but it's rare. I don't mind bushy beards. :biggrin1:

That been said, there are some guys on which facial hair just doesn't look right or just don't get enough to have enough fullness.

In any case, it should be about your preferences first and what you think looks good on you. We might have a preference as well, but surely we can't control the way you want to look.. thats just silly!

8. IntoxicatingToxin

Gold Member

I like my men with facial hair. I think it's sexy. Beard, goatee, anything inbetween. Not a fan of just moustaches, though. Not sure why. o_O But anything else, I'm all for it. Any length, doesn't matter to me. :tongue:

9. Incocknito

Gold Member

How does someone get "soft" facial hair. I have mine trimmed to the lowest setting on my trimmer but its still a bit rough/prickly.

My girlfriend complains that it itches her when I kiss her. I tried shaving off the muzzle part of my stubble but then I looked like a cross between wolverine and a farmer :p

She wasn't impressed and neither was I.

10. B_ILIW

B_ILIW New Member

disliking facial hair is silly, it's just a natural hair growth. we don't need the hair on our head either, but nobody says we should shave this off and look like Kojak or Montel Williams. :tongue:

The razor was invented for fashion purposes anyhow, we don't even need to shave for reasons other than that.

11. ethancols

ethancols New Member

Albums:
    i like my little goatee... i think i look a lot better with than without. pretty sure my gf thinks the same too.

12. Attila the Hung

Albums:

13. Attila the Hung

Albums:

14. Attila the Hung

Albums:
    LoL, I agree about the mustache part, I have yet to see a man in person who pulled off the mustache only look, the day may yet come though.

15. SilverTrain

Gold Member

Albums:
    [Rushes out to stock up on razors.]

16. Attila the Hung

Albums:

17. EllieP

Staff Member Moderator Gold Member

Albums:
    My husband has been all over the board with facial hair. I have a photo of him with the Billy Gibbons look. Sorry, was never a fan of ZZ Top's style - just their music. Fortunately, he's outgrown that, no pun intended.

He's sporting a mustache and goatee again, and seems to vacillate between that and a full beard. He was even clean shaven for a couple of weeks, but he likes to have his growth.

I'm fine with all of it except the aforementioned "Gandalf" look. He does keep it neat and soft.

18. AlteredEgo

Gold Member

Albums:
    The white, Hispanic, and middle eastern men I've laid with all had beautifully soft facial hair if they had any. It looked great, and was incredible to touch. The black men I dated nearly all had facial hair, and though it wasn't nice to touch, it wasn't something I couldn't ignore for the most part. in fact, the men in question just had sideburns and thin beards, and what came in contact with my more sensitive flesh was cleanly shaven skin. It looked very sexy. I think facial hair looks so manly.

#18 AlteredEgo, Apr 4, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2011
  19. babl

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I love faces with stubble and scruff. I dig full beards and clean shaven looks too, but that's about it.

20. Ramsey

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Tom Selleck and Sam Elliott come to mind. But not every guy has the look for it, I will agree with you.

Draft saved Draft deleted