Facial Hair or Not

Do guys generally look better with facial hair?

• yes

Votes: 64 61.5%
  • no

Votes: 40 38.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
D

deleted20132

I really wouldnt know - few years ago i wore goaty, and my gf really like it. Even though i shave every 2 days, if possible, i really like to grow it to a 2 weeks size - i so hate to shave it then, but hate it being too long.

Blocko

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I think it varies from person to person. If you keep it neat and it suits you, then it's worth a shot.

If you look like the guy they arrested because you watch the playground on your day off, well then it should probably go.

HotBulge

Worshipped Member
Media
Lowells talk to Cabots, Cabots talk to God
I think facial hair is a self vs. other perception. When a man is pleasing himself, he doesn't really mind facial hair. It is even cool to see how one's facial hair grows and what sort of image a man can project. When other people interact with men, I think it's a no/no.

I can grow a lot of stuble in the course of two days, but when I look in the mirror in the morning, I immediately think, "shave, shave". I certainly wouldn't want to have a furry rodent of a beard wrapped around my face. If I want other women or men to touch me, I want a clean shave ... I sometimes grow the sideburns out for an "edge", but the chin must be clean. You have to think about it from the other person's perspective: would you want to want to run your hands through stuble or sandpaper?

dannymawg

Experimental Member
Media
I'll agree that facial hair is not a general thing...

At 25 (1992) I did a full beard, kept it trimmed, and got lots of complements on it.

In 1993 I shaved off the mustache and did a Amish thing, still trimmed but longer, and got even more complements, but started getting weird looks too.

In 1995 I started aping the chin dirt I was seeing on baseball players - no moustache goatee, trimmed short, some scruff sometimes. More complements as lots of gray started showing, which was surprising.

In 2000 I landed a management job and had to shave every day - I kept the chin dirt and nobody said anything about it ever. But I started getting lots of zits/ingrown hairs/skin problems on my face, and had to start using more targeted (read: expensive) shave cream/skin care products. I use Neutrogena stuff and no problems since.

Since that job I went back to the scruff, shaving about twice a week and when necessary. My face has never been happier :biggrin1:

Check my gallery for scruff that I think works... I'm told the gray blends well with the brown and red...

B_big dirigible

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I once heard a biology prof say "hair at its' cleanest is still filthy" 'Nuff said.

So is skin. It's not practical for us to remove it, so we live with it.

In fact everything we have is filthy. The most amazing stuff, like Demodex folliculorum, actually lives on your eyelashes. But don't shave them off, as the pores are still there, and that's where the little buggers hide out.

Ed69

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I've had a gotee or full beard for the last five years.I trim it about once a week to keep it at half an inch length.My wife gets panicked if she even thinks I'm considering shaving it all off.The only snag has been with oral sex.If I don't want to be smelling or tasting pussy the next morning washing the face is a must!

Gillette

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Cleanshaven or bearded has never really made a difference for me, it's all good.

The only facial hair I have an aversion to seeing on a guy is the moustache by itself. I've yet to see it not look silly or sinister. It reminds me of every cartoon bad guy I've ever seen. Therre are two guys I see around who actually wax their moustaches so that the ends curl up. WTF. I can't tell if they're emulating Yosimite Sam or the Swedish Chef.

*Side note. No moustache should be so long that you can suck on it. The walrus look is out.

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Did you think Tom Selleck looked bad? He only has a moustache. I think he looks strange without one. I've seen him in a beard and it looked odd too. Some men with weak upper lips are suited for moustaches. Some men have beautiful full lips that would be a shame to cover up.

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
But the moustache was his schtick. That's what made him famous and women swoon. I don't think I'd recognize him on the street without whiskers. But getting back on the thread topic....Kissing would seem more difficult if I did grow facial hair maybe less enjoyable, no? Stubble is worse than a beard when smooching I've found.

MagicTongue

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I don't really mind guys with facial hair. It's not something I'm particularly interested in, but if a guy I am interested in happens to have some facial hair (as long as it's well trimmed and not all bushy) then fine.

Marvin Gaye

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Some women really seem to dig the 'Marlboro Man' look with a day or 2 of stubble..

I'm always generally clean shaven. During the week, I shave every other day. I find I get more 'looks' and attention from women with a days growth of stubble.

-MG

surferboy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
One of the things that most attracts me to some other men is when they have really sparse or barely detectible facial hair. Something about it fascinates me. I suppose part of it is that I assume they are similarly sparsely haired elsewhere, which also is fascinating.

so are ya sayin that yer attracted to me? lol

Male Bonding etc

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
LOL... no, I wasn't saying that, sorry... though, from your pictures and your posts, that COULD be a possibility...

Your comment about your facial hair simply prompted my sharing a personal preference.

36DD

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It depends on what the guy looks like and if it suits his personality. Usually, i prefer no facial hair, but I have a thing for those really sexy soul patches and sometimes goatees, but never, ever mustaches...don't like kissing a guy with a mustache.