FACT: 98% of Americans are getting a tax cut this year.

Tattooed Goddess

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Then open your eyes.

I have them wide open, but the people i know who are on them totally take advantage of them....proudly. They make up a majority of people i know on the system for whatever reason.

B_talltpaguy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
^Exceptions to the rule do not define the rule. That's why we invented the word 'exceptions'.

You remind me of my myopic parents, who hated Medicare when they were young, but now that the cost of health insurance has skyrocketed and they will qualify for it in 5-7 years, oh suddenly they are sooo eagerly looking forward to it and the money they are going to save!

That's catchy rhetoric, but it's not gonna happen. Try it, and watch millions leave their US citizenship behind. Hell, I'd do it, if only because I'd be wiped out, as I qualify for the tax based upon my home.
How on earth would you be 'wiped out'? Let's say you have a net worth of $500k, not including your primary residence and retirement savings... Let's say you get socked with a 8% tax on that wealth. How does having to cough up a one time payment of $40k 'ruin' you? And exactly how does it become worth it to leave the country over a paltry $40k? And where would these millions of people go where they can emigrate to legally, and make as much or more than they do here? Afterall, you're going to get banged for even more than that in the form of higher taxes. Go ahead and move to another country. Maybe then you'll finally know what 'high taxes' are all about!

How sad that most Americans don't even realize that they already pay some of the lowest overall taxes in the developed world.

Last edited:

1kmb1

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
I have them wide open, but the people i know who are on them totally take advantage of them....proudly. They make up a majority of people i know on the system for whatever reason.

i dont know what to tell you, keep better company.

B_talltpaguy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
98% percent are getting a tax cut, but yet the top 2% are getting taxed more than ever.
Biggest factual error I've read here yet.

You should know that in the past, the top tax bracket has been set as high as 90% to ensure that the nation's books were in good shape... The current top rate is what? 33%? 34%? And there are so many damn loopholes, nobody in that bracket pays more than like 25%, if that... lolololol

Tattooed Goddess

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
^Exceptions to the rule do not define the rule. That's why we invented the word 'exceptions'.

You remind me of my myopic parents, who hated Medicare when they were young, but now that the cost of health insurance has skyrocketed and they will qualify for it in 5-7 years, oh suddenly they are sooo eagerly looking forward to it and the money they are going to save!

How on earth would you be 'wiped out'? Let's say you have a net worth of $500k, not including your primary residence and retirement savings... Let's say you get socked with a 8% tax on that wealth. How does having to cough up a one time payment of $40k 'ruin' you? And exactly how does it become worth it to leave the country over a paltry $40k? And where would these millions of people go where they can emigrate to legally, and make as much or more than they do here? Afterall, you're going to get banged for even more than that in the form of higher taxes. Go ahead and move to another country. Maybe then you'll finally know what 'high taxes' are all about!

How sad that most Americans don't even realize that they already pay some of the lowest overall taxes in the developed world.

I think its all about comparison to what we are used to. It's all relative. When my Dad lived in Germany he was a cash paying outsider for the local dentist, he got in in about 2 days and when the locals told him they wait more than 6 months for their appointments on the national healthcare system he felt lucky.

I don't think Medicare covers very much. They certainly don't have very good set rates for the doctors that care for medicare patients, most clinics don't even take it anymore, its just a waste of their time for the money exchange. It's sad but true.

I grew up on the Indian Healthcare System which was free, the doctors are all great but limited greatly on what they can do with the funds given. Just too many diluted Cherokees out there with indian cards taking up the money. Only so much to go around.

In my eyes, Gov't fucks up everything they try to run. Just go try to get your drivers license renewed after it expires, the DMV is ran so damn poorly along with many other things the gov't can't do in a dignified, punctual manner.

B_RedDude

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Perhaps some of our conservative friends aren't even old enough to know this. What do they teach in the high school history books these days about Reagan and his changing of the terms of the political debate in this country anyway?

Biggest factual error I've read here yet.

You should know that in the past, the top tax bracket has been set as high as 90% to ensure that the nation's books were in good shape... The current top rate is what? 33%? 34%? And there are so many damn loopholes, nobody in that bracket pays more than like 25%, if that... lolololol

Last edited:

mako shark

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Hate to tell you this tallpaguy but it is the small businesses that carry this great nation for many reasons. If you think that the big corporations are paying their fair share of taxes guess again. The majority of small businesses couldn't take an asset tax like that and should get more breaks than the big guys... but that isn't the case.

Fuck that. It is the wealthy and their corporations that have benefited from unsustainably low tax policies for decades, not the poor or the middle class, who have been getting squeezed all along both in terms of taxation and the shit-ass wages corporations will pay... Imo, we should institute a one-time asset tax on every person and business worth more than 500k-1M bucks... From what I've read, a even a single digit tax rate would literally eliminate all $12T of our national debt in one year... Sure, the rich would all be worth a little less, but who gives a shit? Their net worth is only as high as it is because they've been getting it over on everyone else all along... And let's face it, the poor and the middle class don't have anything left to give anyways, because the wealthy already took it all.

B_talltpaguy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
In my eyes, Gov't fucks up everything they try to run. Just go try to get your drivers license renewed after it expires, the DMV is ran so damn poorly along with many other things the gov't can't do in a dignified, punctual manner.
I did that once actually... Took an hour and cost me a few bucks and buzzed eyes from the flash... Maybe your state is run like shit, because voters there keep voting for 'leaders' who don't believe their job is to lead, but to run the government into the ground to prove their campaign slogan that politicians can't be trusted. Try living in a country not governed by sadists and I promise you, life is different in meaningful ways.

B_talltpaguy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Hate to tell you this tallpaguy but it is the small businesses that carry this great nation for many reasons. If you think that the big corporations are paying their fair share of taxes guess again. The majority of small businesses couldn't take an asset tax like that and should get more breaks than the big guys... but that isn't the case.

You don't have to tell me... I've owned three different businesses in my day. And the one I'm a part of now has a worth that's 8 figures. (my share of that is much lower as I am but one of 7 owners, one of which has a quadruple share.

mikeyh9in

Cherished Member
Media
San Francisco (California, United States)
I did that once actually... Took an hour and cost me a few bucks and buzzed eyes from the flash... Maybe your state is run like shit, because voters there keep voting for 'leaders' who don't believe their job is to lead, but to run the government into the ground to prove their campaign slogan that politicians can't be trusted. Try living in a country not governed by sadists and I promise you, life is different in meaningful ways.

Exactly... I'm amazed at how well the DMV is run... go online, make an appointment. Go to the DMV at the time of your appointment, checkin with the reception desk, go to the correct line, see the clerk, leave.

I've done this for everything from expired license, registering an out of state motorcycle, etc. Never had an issue.

And the people have always been very pleasant and knowledgeable.

-Mike

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Exactly... I'm amazed at how well the DMV is run... go online, make an appointment. Go to the DMV at the time of your appointment, checkin with the reception desk, go to the correct line, see the clerk, leave.

I've done this for everything from expired license, registering an out of state motorcycle, etc. Never had an issue.

And the people have always been very pleasant and knowledgeable.

-Mike

I renewed my driver's license online. The least painless experience I ever had with the DMV. Timely and effective. Of course, not every exchange with them will probably be this smooth but I have no remorse or regrets based on my most recent excursion.

Tattooed Goddess

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
I went to the DMV to get my license renewed. It had expired a couple of days before. I was number 167 on the digital number board. I went home for like 8 hours and came back and they were helping number 166, so i almost missed it. But there was no way in hell i was going to stay and wait that long. I'm glad i checked back at the right time.

mako shark

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I agree that DMVs suck in general, that is one of the benefits of having AAA. A lot of things can be done through them instead of DMV.

I went to the DMV to get my license renewed. It had expired a couple of days before. I was number 167 on the digital number board. I went home for like 8 hours and came back and they were helping number 166, so i almost missed it. But there was no way in hell i was going to stay and wait that long. I'm glad i checked back at the right time.

D

deleted15807

In my eyes, Gov't fucks up everything they try to run.

That's just not true. Visit a few other countries and say that. I've been to countries where government was non-existent. And you were literally on your own in every way possible. Rabid dogs roaming the streets, boats with no life jackets or radios taking passengers, dirt roads everywhere, no food inspection to speak of. Literally every step if you didn't know what you were doing you could end up dead. That doesn't happen in developed countries thanks to effective governance.

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
the US Gov't can't run shit. You can double the money you give them for a problem, the problem never gets better. They suck at being prompt about anything.

That's also a rather disingenuous statement, just like when you said "Gov't fucks up everything they try to run." In fact, both statements essentially say the same thing.

Grant it, we know where you're trying to go with this but can you be a bit more honest about this? Because let's face it... if the Government couldn't run anything and was always late, then we would all have German, Italian and Japanese accents right now.