"Faggots" on Judge Christina?

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
True enough. But I had to put in the disclaimer, because most of the time, if I mention that I find masculine men attractive, but not effeminate men, I get flamed and accused of being a self-loather and homophobia. Yes, I'm friends with quite a number of very nelly men.

Self-loather? Do these people even know you? You aren't effeminate! You're the very type of man to whom you are attracted! It would be (inaccurate, but) a better guess to suggest that you are a narcissist. LOL

SP, you crack me up. Oddly, I'm spending less on laundry as well since the sheets are cleaner longer.

VeeP

Sexy Member
Media
the "flamers" are the only reason there are homophobes :rolleyes:
Hmmm.. not so sure it's the only reason, but it's certainly one of them. I figure one's affinity for sucking dick and/or fucking ass are also factors that make him a target for homophobic neanderthals.

"Can" walk without a swish, or "choose to" walk without a swish? I'm not saying I'm better or worse, but I don't have those super-emphasized characteristics. I've often wondered if it's innate or affectation to lisp, swish, and gesticulate.

For me, it's not a problem, I just find it very unattractive.

And no one needs to attack and tell me that my attraction parameters are homophobic. I tend to be attracted to masculine, rather than effeminate men; I tend to be more attracted to brunettes, but that doesn't mean I have anything against blonds and redheads.
Agree with this wholeheartedly. I too am attracted to more masculine types, however I'm not the least bit homophobic. For my particular likes or dislikes to be construed as such makes absolutely no sense to me. I have no beef with effeminate types, but I do believe some unnecessarily over-accentuate it. For me that's quite simply a complete turn-off.

frizzle

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
Pansexual
I think people like you, frizzle, are probably far inferior to either of the groups you mentioned who just seem to want to live and let live.

Well good for you. Do you want a cookie for not explaining an opinion, or do you just merely like to cause shit.

Just because I don't try and adopt another race's culture, or act effiminatly around my workplace i.e - being a fucking pussy, doesn't mean I'm inferior.

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Well good for you. Do you want a cookie for not explaining an opinion, or do you just merely like to cause shit.

Just because I don't try and adopt another race's culture, or act effiminatly around my workplace i.e - being a fucking pussy, doesn't mean I'm inferior.

You require an explanation? Then I gave you far too much credit. You're a bigot. Prejudiced. Inapropriately judgemental. In other words you're inferior to people who are just going about their business in the way which makes them most comfortable. Clear enough?

frizzle

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
Pansexual
You require an explanation? Then I gave you far too much credit. You're a bigot. Prejudiced. Inapropriately judgemental. In other words you're inferior to people who are just going about their business in the way which makes them most comfortable. Clear enough?

Going about their buisness? If they annoy me, I can complain as much as I want. It's exactly the same as when peopel chew with their mouths open.

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
The difference is, bigot isn't an insult. Stop making it out to be.

If you think you're being insulted, then you have been. Further, if you can find someone to be bigoted, not merely biased, and you don't see that as a detraction, I think that speaks poorly of you indeed. This thread was started by a bigot. Maybe you should be friends. (Or are you prejudiced against all homosexuals?)

xiongmao

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Personaly I don't find the word faggot all that insulting, I mean it's only a word; if you want to be insulted by a particular word then it's your choice. I actually got shouted out by some random guy in a bar once for calling myself queer; I happen to quite like the word and don't see why I shouldn't be able to use it for myself. I'm not saying that people should be able to go around shouting faggot from the rooftops if they mean it as an insult, but it only has power as an insult if you take the 'tard that uses it seriously and why would you take someone with that few braincells seriously?

I do want to say though, although I have nothing against effeminate guys (I have quite a lot of camp friends) I do have a strong dislike for 'screamers'. One of my boyfriend's friends insists on screaming almost everything he says in a very loud, very pitched voice which bugs the hell out of me. I dislike the quality in any person though, men, woman, straight or gay. Talking really shouldn't cause someone physical discomfort everytime you say something :s

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Personaly I don't find the word faggot all that insulting, I mean it's only a word; if you want to be insulted by a particular word then it's your choice. I actually got shouted out by some random guy in a bar once for calling myself queer; I happen to quite like the word and don't see why I shouldn't be able to use it for myself.
For me, xiongmao, it's a matter of etymology.

If someone calls me "queer," it means "different." I can't argue with different.

If someone calls me "faggot," it means they think I should be tossed in a bonfire. I do take exception with that.

London_Calling

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I'd just like to make it clear that unlike Frizzle most Londoners tend to be fairly liberal in regard to sexuality, race etc...

I seem to remember Frizzle stating his location as Kent & now it's S. E. London. Maybe he's moved here but more likely he thinks London sounds more cosmopolitan!

Frizzle, if you're still in Kent no wonder your a bigoted twat!

frizzle

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
Pansexual
If you think you're being insulted, then you have been. Further, if you can find someone to be bigoted, not merely biased, and you don't see that as a detraction, I think that speaks poorly of you indeed. This thread was started by a bigot. Maybe you should be friends. (Or are you prejudiced against all homosexuals?)

It's just not sinking it sometimes with you.

I'd just like to make it clear that unlike Frizzle most Londoners tend to be fairly liberal in regard to sexuality, race etc...

I seem to remember Frizzle stating his location as Kent & now it's S. E. London. Maybe he's moved here but more likely he thinks London sounds more cosmopolitan!

Frizzle, if you're still in Kent no wonder your a bigoted twat!

Oh ho ho the irony in your post. By the way, Dag and Red constiuency is under BNP. Guess we aren't all as liberal as you'd love to think.

xiongmao

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
For me, xiongmao, it's a matter of etymology.

If someone calls me "queer," it means "different." I can't argue with different.

If someone calls me "faggot," it means they think I should be tossed in a bonfire. I do take exception with that.

The thing is I highly doubt most people who use the word faggot realise that they are calling you a bunch of sticks which was used for burning; but the fact is they are calling you a bunch of sticks... Being burned at the stake was never used as a 'punishment' for being gay way back when, so the main insinuation is that you are a little bunch of sticks... or a small meatball. If anything I find it amusing that people think I'm going to be insulted by telling me I'm a collection of twigs.

Plus etymology nowadays tends to have little to do with many insults/slurs; take geek for example, when you call a techy person a geek you're saying that they bite the heads off of chickens in carnivals...