fags, poofs, Dykes, leso's

D_Kay_Sarah_Sarah

Account Disabled
Media
Sorry about the title, just wanted to catch your attention:smile:

What verbal terms for being gay are accetpable?

Do you allow friend to call you names you would take from strangers?

Are peolpe cautious what term they use in order not to offend?

B_Think_Kink

Sexy Member
Media
I feel a few harsh words coming your way my dear.
Why need a label? people are people irregardless of their orientation.
I always use the " " with my fingers when I refer to someone being gay... just cause it backs up my belief that it is just a label.

ausmaxx

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I reckon it is in the context. Friend or otherwise. A word is far less than an intention. I love referring to myself as a poof, especislly whilst living here in America.... makes people a bet uncertain and makes me laugh! All in fun, hopefully.

ps - Happy oz day! Who made Aussie of the year?

GoneA

Sexy Member
Media

The terms "Gay/Homosexual" always seem to be appropriate; anything else is relatively pejorative.

Wouldn't really make them friends, would it?

Yes.

agnslz

Loved Member
Media
I've never been much offended by queer, queen or 'friend of Dorothy.'

I myself have used those terms in fun with friends IRL and here at LPSG to describe myself, so I can't see getting all that bothered by others using them (in the same way) as well.

I do get offended by the terms faggot, homo, rump wrangler, fudge packer and fruit. I've never used those terms, and whenever I hear them used by anyone, gay or straight, I do get offended.

Mtight

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Having a gay uncle. Generally gay is what he and his friends prefer if a straight person is addressing them. Although they tease each other in disparaging terminology that people of a group use amongst themselves.

coveryerteeth

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
My friends and I call each other every name in the book. Including non-gay related insults, like "bitch," "fucker" and "dumbass." Using them in a playful context takes away their power to do harm.

Someone who called me those names with malicious intent would do so in vain, cuz I couldn't care less. I wouldn't find their words offensive. I'd find their bigotry pathetic.

Nelly Gay

Experimental Member
Media

What verbal terms for being gay are acceptable?

Are people cautious what term they use in order not to offend?

Do straight women like to be called bitch, whore, slut and skank ?
I just wanted to catch your attention ....

Nelly Gay

Experimental Member
Media

?

kamikazee_club

1st Like
Media

I think whatever terms (in context) society as a whole decides are acceptable are. Of course this, along with the very meanings of the words changes over time. While it's a shame that such labels are used in they way they often are I think it's clear from our history that for good or bad society still needs such means of of creating division or differentiation along various lines. In modern times sexuality, religiosity and ethnicity lines seem to be in vogue. Unfortunately it's in our nature. At least right now it seems.

Congratulations on Australia Day, it's been a couple of years since I was last 'down under'.

Onslow

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response

All people can call me Queer, Gay, or Homosexual ((or sometimes homo-SECKSEWSAL if they are lisping)

Strangers can call me anything if there's a reward involved.

Friends call me Queer, Missy, Joyboy, Sucker (we will not discuss that further), Chompers (again we will not discuss it furthere), Pansy (nio idea why), Libby (after Liberace), Queen/Queenie/Old Queen/Queen of the Tarts, Whore, Daddy's Toy-there are others as well, I wanted to keep the list short.

Shelby

Experimental Member
Media
My friends and I call each other every name in the book. Including non-gay related insults, like "bitch," "fucker" and "dumbass." Using them in a playful context takes away their power to do harm.

Someone who called me those names with malicious intent would do so in vain, cuz I couldn't care less. I wouldn't find their words offensive. I'd find their bigotry pathetic.

More power to you! :notworthy:

I love it when people refuse to jump into the victim role.

Onslow

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
When you are all playing banjo out on the porch and cookin' squirrels ?
You got a prroblem with this NG? Let me tell you a story-- Banjo playing is always accompanied by squirrel cooking and then of course squirrel eating. And now on to the story--

I stiil recall the first time I done ate squirrel--I was a lad of oh I don't rightly really know may have been no more than 4 or maybe 8 years of age (in those days age was an unknown number)--Paw comed in from a huntin' trip laden downed with a big bag-o-squirrrels. Maw (bless the old hag) started laughin' hysterically as tears they done did turn and run down here face. Turns out she was recollecting--yup that she were-- the first time she done laid her eyes on Paw. It was at the annual Coonskin Creek Squirrel and Banjee Festeevil which was held every other sunday there in Coonskin Creek Hollow. Nobody now--or even then-- knows zactly why it done were called that--nobody 'ceptin' maybe old Mr.Pribbley over on the far side of the hill; butr he ain't said much o' nothin since his hound dog done bit off his wingwang. Well there hadn't been no racoons in Coonskin Creek Hollow for nigh on to a fortnight and 50 years but nobody ever seed no reason to head about changing the name to something more befitting our cavernous cove. There was o' course squirrels as far as the eye could see and they was just about almost everywhere. Why I tell you I must have spent the better part of my first year thinking they was all a parts of mah famlee.

We also had are selves a whole stack of banjos laying on are front protrusion. (Folks in those hoity toity cities call the protrusions Porches)

Well after Pastor Johnson (who was in no way related that we knew of at the time to Pastor Jasper, even though one was Johnson Jasper and the other was Jasper Johnson--and of course me a future Johnson grasper, but that's anothere matter) welll the Pastor had done said the blessin' on the fried vittles and Old Man Pribbley had sent his best squirrel over--being as how he weren't up to travel no more what with the price of dirt going up-- and after a tasty meal all the men folk set to picking and strummin' their banjos. We had all sorts of banjos in those days, there was 4 string and clawhammer and dojo and even a cross between a mandolin and a banjo. The wimmens of course was down by the creek wershing sheets and gar-ments.

(Hope this explains it better for you NG--see, banjo and squirrel are perfectly normal, and there's nothing to be ashamed of in either dining on squirrel or playing a banjo)