fags, poofs, Dykes, leso's

arktrucker

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Im my profession, I hear queer and faggot non-stop. Personally, I don't like the word fag, never have. When I was an early teen one of my older sisters introduced me to a friend of hers as her queer little brother. I was, what could I say :)

I think the whole 'lable' discussion is the same thing as the 'N' word. Who can and can't use it.

More lables? Top and Bottom. Don't like those either.

Media
You would think by now people would see each other for who they are and what they have to offer, and not for what they do in private that is really nobody's business. To identify someone by a label, and a discriminatory one at that, is exclusionary—it separates you from them—an implied or unimplied distance to disassociate yourself from them based on their sexuality It could be your best friend that has been a part of your life for years. There is a difference in defining someone as your "best friend" or as your "gay friend." Time for more intelligence to happen in the world.

Lordpendragon

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
A common capacity to reason allows all humans to achieve virtue and wisdom.

I like Homosucksowell - well, you do insist :tongue:

Actually I think we are obsessed with people's sexuality - it's a bit sad imo. Everyone's sexual journey is no one's business but their own and those they choose to travel with.

I think the terms Gay, Lesbian and Bi are still the terms of preference Lee.

Nelly Gay

Experimental Member
Media
Wow, personal insults..you are so clever

And that from the little gal who headed her post "fags, poofs, Dykes, leso's" ?
Methinks the skank doth protest too much ...
Besides, squirrels are a real Southern delicacy as served in some of London's top restaurents !

D_Kay_Sarah_Sarah

Account Disabled
Media
And that from the little gal who headed her post "fags, poofs, Dykes, leso's" ?
Methinks the skank doth protest too much ...
Besides, squirrels are a real Southern delicacy as served in some of London's top restaurents !

Me thinks someone has issues :eek: and sorry but no squirrels here in Oz..but Koala is delicious

And thanks Lord :kiss:

Nelly Gay

Experimental Member
Media
Chill guys - I have known Lee for ages - she is asking a genuine question so as not to piss anyone off.

They serve squirrels in London?

We are all being "genuine" .
They did serve Squirrels (the Grey variety) at a fashionable London eatery but there was a public outcry and they had to take 'em off the menu ...

kamikazee_club

1st Like
Media
One is a perfectly acceptable question, posted in the hope of gaining knowledge for future use as to not offend anyone by misunderstanding the appropriateness of a term, asked politely and without bias. The other is a statement, to which people may take personal offense as would be obvious to the poster of such statement and as such can only be considered as a personal statement of attack.

It seems quite clear that many here seem to be actively on the lookout for any opportunity to vent their 'angst' and/or take a pop any perceived evidence of predjudice, real or imagined, often in a disingenuous way which makes it doubly sad.

It was clear as day that the question was asked in good faith.

Please try and keep this to the point, personal attacks are needed or warranted here, if she'd been encouraging the use of terms which were known to be offensive, without questioning this, then fine, but she wasn't.

Again, a good many people here seem unable or unwilling to make such simple observations and act out online in a way they almost certainly wouldn't dare do IRL. It's probably a factor in why such divisions persist, red mist comes down....brain disengages; result: no debate just flying mud (and, perhaps, squirrels).