FAKE - My apology

D_Tully Tunnelrat

Experimental Member
Media
Is everyone on both sides mad at me now?

Who could be mad at you for a reasoned post? Besides you have spunk, which I like.

Unfortunately when people's feelings are inflamed, even the most seemingly innocent farce can go further fan the flames. Would that most participants in the crazy corner of the web had greater confidence in the moderators to take everything, and everyone in moderation, perhaps this may never have been an issue at all, which is as it should be.

I wonder if I'll get saying banned for that?

helgaleena

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Weeeeeeeellll--- this thread is still open but the one where people couldn't understand this joke any better than I did, and complained, is now closed.

I think they simply all had bad tempers and began flaming each other, not CS. Very sad.

Jason

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Incocknito - there's a lot that is right with this site. There are also a few things that are wrong, and seemingy no mechanism for putting them right. One guy who spoke out was banned for ever. Now it is quite likely that he got his facts wrong and possible that he was somewhat out of order but (unless there is some other, secret reason for his ban that none of us know anything about) his lifetime ban for one thoughtless post seems amazingly over the top. His post in effect criticised the moderators. Now it seems to me that the moderators do a brilliant job most of the time - but maybe, just maybe, once in a while they show their human side by making a mistake.

Xcuze

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
It wasn't a mistake.

Grasp that and you might quit being such a repetitive bore.

Last edited:

Jason

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
It wasn't a mistake.

Grasp that and you might quit being such a repetitive bore.

I'm not quite sure whom you are referring to. But your comment is rude and shows a fundamental misunderstanding of the situation. In the old, pre-internet world people could say "I've made a decision, I have the power, no-one can challenge me". In the internet age every decision can be challenged.

It is indeed possible that the moderators' decision to ban this member was not a mistake. I don't have the information to make a determination on this (though on the basis of the information in the public domain it was surely a mistake). But it is certainly a mistake for then to assert that their decision is beyond challenge. The mods might be able to point to rules and regs which set out that their decision cannot be challenged - well fine, then these rules and regs need to be challenged. The old age is over; now we have a new method of working. The old power structures are in the process of being demolished by the power of the communication of the internet. Here at LPSG we are seeing a little corner of this global movement. It may be that LPSG will align itself with the future and with systems of accountability and fairness. Or it may set itself against them. If the latter in the short term there is nothing we the members can do about it - absolutely nothing. But it would demonstrate a mindset that will inevitably be swept away in the tide of open-ness created by the internet, and would be so very sad.

A reasonable analogy would be with homophobia. The mods are demonstrating the communication equivalent of homophobia - they appear by their actions to be phobic about communication and open-ness and accountability. On the basis of the information they have presented to members their decision to expel a member is beyond justification - it is like saying it is right to beat up someone because they are gay. Just as homophobia is now recognised as being unacceptable so this phobia about communication and open-ness and accountability should be recognised as completely unacceptable. I have considered that maybe there is some good reason to exclude the member in question. Is he for example under 18? If so, tell the membership. Otherwise accept that the moderators who usually do a good job might just possibly in this one instance have gummed up, and in doing so have created a pretty nasty environment on board. I know of two regular posters who have stopped posting - there are surely others. The mods have the power to enforce their edict. But do they really want to act in this manner?

Xcuze

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Oh Lord. I only skimmed that and I still felt sleepy.

Don't you bore yourself writing the same lines over and over?

luka82

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Maybe he needs to be repetative so as to make sure some members understand him????

Last edited:

Xcuze

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Still struggling with English I see? Comprehending and writing.

And I understood him 4 weeks back. Thanks. He's treading water.

Xcuze

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
FFS don't encourage him. Standby for another assault on bandwith.

Mitchymo is about 30. Seems to be a lot Jason is clueless about. Even the obvious.

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
FFS don't encourage him. Standby for another assault on bandwith.

Mitchymo is about 30. Seems to be a lot Jason is clueless about. Even the obvious.

Well, Mitchmo's banning was explained in Pecker's note.
So where is the mystery?
(And of course mitchymo is about 30.)

Our Cassandra is becoming The Boy Who Cried Wolf.
The Ship is Sinking.
The Membership is in Revolt.
All will soon be lost.

Nope.
A former mod was indiscreet about goings on in the Mod Hall.
He got banned for it.
Maybe an excessive punishment, maybe not.
But it's done.
And if there's any mystery about what happened, I would like to know where.