Fake People

ravenously:
Originally posted by DoubleMeatWhopper+May 14 2005, 08:37 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DoubleMeatWhopper &#064; May 14 2005, 08:37 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-ravenously@May 14 2005, 11:48 PM
I don&#39;t remember if it was Nietche or Maciaveli, but someone said People become what they portray themselves to be after enough time.

Machiavelli is the one who said, "It is better to be feared than loved, if you cannot be both." Also, "It is not titles that honour men, but men that honour titles." "One who deceives will always find those who allow themselves to be deceived." "Damn&#33; If I had a sister that looked like Lucrezia, I&#39;d fuck her, too&#33;"
Okay, he didn&#39;t actually say that last one, but he was Cesare Borgia&#39;s biggest fan&#33;
[post=311123]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]

Of all the virtues that one should appear to have, but not have, religon is the most important.

Freddie53

Superior Member
Gold
Media
[/quote]

Of all the virtues that one should appear to have, but not have, religon is the most important.
[post=311125]Quoted post[/post]​
[/quote]
That is an interesting quote. I am a devout Christian. I do believe that there is a Creator who is behind the Creation. And I believe that when that Creator is finished, the world will be perfect. And I believe in an afterlife that all who want to be a part of it can be. It is sort of like show up if you want to be part of the eternal creation. I am being very simple here because being technical is not necessary here.

But, the word religion has mixed meanings. I for one, will not say I am a religious person. devout Christian as I understand it, yes. Religous no. Religous has to do with a long list of do&#39;s and don&#39;t and condemnations for anyone with a different moral code then your own. I don&#39;t want any part of that kind of religion.

So, I understand the quote well. one who has to put on or pretend religion is the most dangerous of all. That person can get away with a lot of evil in the NAME of RELIGION and get away with it. That is tragic.

Faith in God is in the heart or soul. It is experienced. And it is different for everyone. And no, being a Christian is not the only way to eternal perfection. That would be highly presumptious of me or anyone to tell someone else what they have experienced is not valid.

Strange Person: I just joined this site, but for the most part, everyone seems to be genuine in their claims. I don&#39;t really think it&#39;s a big problem and you shouldn&#39;t worry yourself over people like that.

prepstudinsc

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
The problem with the word "religion" these days is that too many people use it in vain. Extremists use some bastardized form of religion to give credence to their violence against others and fundamentalists (of any type--Christians, Muslims, etc.) use it to oppress. The majority of religious people are not that way, however, so I don&#39;t think it&#39;s bad to be religious, per se, it&#39;s just that people misinterpret religion and religiosity to be bad things because of those few fringe people.

Extreme Fundamentalist Christians have given Christianity a bad name. 99.9% of Christians would not be out blowing up abortion clinics, spewing hatred at gay people, or even running websites like Fred Phelps does. I hesitate to call him "Reverend" because no person who preaches hatred like he does can be considered a Christian. I am Baptist, an evangelical Christian, but that is waaaaay too much for anyone to tolerate. It&#39;s an embarrasment for Christianity. Don&#39;t get me started on people like Jimmy Swaggart, Paul and Jan Crouch, Benny Hinn and the rest of the televangelists--they are all masquerading as Christians, too, and giving the rest of us bad names, because WE all come off as two faced, blow hards (pardon the pun LOL), self-righteous, anti-everything--and it&#39;s just not the case.

We know how Muslim fundamentalists use their religion against the United States and the rest of the world.

How many Muslims really believe what the extremists do? I would guess that of the millions of Muslims, it&#39;s a fairly small percentage.

I don&#39;t think being religious is a bad thing. I&#39;m proud to say that I am religious and I&#39;m proud to say I&#39;m a Christian. I let the way I live my life show that I&#39;m not like those who talk one way and act another--what I say and what I do match up, so people can tell that I&#39;m genuine. I think that most religious people are that way.