Fake toenails?!?!

Discussion in 'Women's Issues' started by Heather LouAnna, Apr 12, 2007.

1. Heather LouAnna

Gold Member

Albums:
    I was in Walgreens the other day waiting for my presciption to be filled. Sure, it would have taken her about one minute to go to the shelf, get my meds, stick them in a bag, and charge me, but ohhhhhhhhhh no. She wanted me to wait for twenty minutes. So there I am, basket in hand, loading it up.

I'm over in the nail section, trying to pick out a new buffer when I see something I've never seen before: Fake Toenails. I seriously lolcano'd right there in the aisle.

I have great nails, but it's a bitch to pay $60 for a pedicure when I can do it myself. It was kinda of a joke to myself, but I paid the $6 for the fake toenails. I get them home, file them down, glue them on, and they look fucking HOT. lol All my coworkers agree and can't believe they're fake.

Ever tried these, ladies? Thoughts, comments, concerns?

2. bluekarma

bluekarma Well-Known Member

Never tried them, but have heard a lot of women wear them. My friends Mom lives in Miami and said all the chica's there have them on...the professional salons do them though, not store bought. I'd like to try them, I hate doing pedi's on myself and can't afford to get them done often. Post up a pic, if you feel like it...curious to see how they look. Where they a pain to apply?

3. karmen

karmen New Member

Albums:
    I've never even heard of fake toenails. Wow. What will they think of next. It's good to hear that they look hot. I'm not into fake nails (acrylic fingernails) so I don't see myself using this particular product.

I use my hands a lot during sex. And I would hate to not be able to be spontaneous because my nails might puncture a delicate area of his anatomy. :wink:

Every since I discovered the "male g-spot", I keep my nails short.

Hugs and Kisses,

Karmen

4. ClaireTalon

Gold Member

Neither have I, but if there are fake finger nails, why shouldn't there be fake toe nails? Still I imagine putting some of them on might be a real trick, if you have only small toe nails.

Putting one fake nails was something I never opted for, I keep mine rather short for practical reasons. But they're still sharp enough to really put some scratch marks on you guys. :biggrin1:

5. B_NineInchCock_160IQ

I've been using fake toenails for a long time now. I donated my real ones to starving Ethiopian kids with toe cancer a long time ago.

6. Riven650

Gold Member

Albums:
    Hi Heather, Those are your own toenails in the pic of your foot in your gallery? BTW, you have nice feet! :smile:

7. IrishGirl

IrishGirl New Member

I live in NYC and it doesn't even cost $60 for a pedicure here.

I get a manicure and a pedicure for less than $40.

Fake toenails skeeve me out. I have to look away when I see them. Something about them just really creeps me out.

8. Heather LouAnna

Gold Member

Albums:
    In areas where there's salons on every corner, it's much cheaper. :T Unfortunately, Austin isn't one of them. A pedicure is usually $60. A manicure ranges from $30 to $40. :(

The fake ones weren't a pain to put on at all. I have a lot of nail/foot stuff....so I just got them home, broke out a file, shaped them a little bit (each one took about two mintues to put on). Twenty minutes later, it looks like I had a pedicure....and NO....the foot pictures in my gallery are NOT of the fake toeanils. I did paint those myself though. I just slap the white polish on and then get a paintbrush, dip it in remover, and paint the excess white off into a nice crecent....voila! Looks professional. :)

The attached pictures are of my fake toes. :) Also, I walk to work and back. I wore flip flops today. ONE OF THEM FELL OFF. lol I walked under the bridge today, across thesse rocks, cuz I thought it'd be fun, but my damn toenail fell off. You can also see the lines from my flip flops.

Attached Files:

9. Big Dreamer

Big Dreamer New Member

*Voice of William Shatner doing his worst Star Trek days overacting* Must....... fight......... toe fetish.

10. dong20

Gold Member

Do they boil them up to make a nourishing keratin broth or transplant them as a cure?

11. SurferGirlCA

Gold Member

Wow, I'm glad I also live where the nail salons have to compete for business. If one of them fell off from walking on some rocks, I don't think I'd have many of them left when I got off my Egg after an early surf. I'm glad they work for you Heather, but if your next guy has a foot fetish, plan ahead so no awkward 911 calls are required.

12. Principessa

Gold Member

I saw the press on toenails at Wal-Mart last summer. I thought they were an odd concept, but decided to try them anyway. Around here a pedicure starts at $30 and goes up. Manicures can be had for $10-$15.

I haven't worn fake fingernails in over 10 years but these are kinda cool. I'd buy them again. They lasted about 10 days before one came off for me. I didn't have any problems taking them off and didn't notice any damage to my real nail from the glue. njqt466

Attached Files:

13. dong20

Gold Member

Dumb Question sorry; why would a pedicure cost twice that of a manicure, I mean it's not like you have twenty toes (do you?) or toenails are twice as big as fingernails.:smile:

14. Heather LouAnna

Gold Member

Albums:
    lol These aren't just rocks.......They're rocks under a toll way bridge. I walk 30 minutes to work and back... :T and I'd had them on for three days already...and the toe that it fell off............I shoulda filed it down a bit more.......*more excuses* anyway..they fucking rock. lol

15. No_Strings

Gold Member

I can't imagine fake toenails looking 'good'. I'll need full body nudes as proof :>

Do they not snap when you wear shoes etc?

16. Heather LouAnna

Gold Member

Albums:
    When you get a pedicure, honey, they put you in a massage chair. You sit back with your Vogue while you feet are warmed in a nice foot spa. The bubbly chemical filled water begins to exfoliate all the dead skin off. Ten mintues later, a pedicurist (new word? lol) will file your feet down. They get every little last piece of dead skin off your feet. Then they rub your feet and lower legs. Then they massage oil into your skin. They buff, file, and trim your nails and cuticles. THEN then apply the laquer and polish. THEN you put your feet in this crazy weird thing that looks like a blacklight that helps seal the chemicals in the laquer and polish together.

With a manicure, you stick your hand in some warm water, they massage your hand, lotion it, and slap some polish on ya.

17. IrishGirl

IrishGirl New Member

Those look pretty natural, almost like a french manicure.

A couple of years ago I was at the cinema and the woman next to me had toe tips, like gel tips for fingernails, only they were on her toes.

It was one of those times where you don't want to look because it's so g_d-awful but at the same time you can't stop looking. Words can't even begin to describe how creepy it was. Every time she flexed her toes, I got the shivers.

18. dong20

Gold Member

Obvious really, but it was late, I was tired and feeling stupid.:smile:

19. SpoiledPrincess

Gold Member

I was surprised at how natural the fake toe nails looked, although I can't imagine taking even two minutes to put fake toe nails on. I have naturally very long fingernails and I always do them nicely (neatly polished, usually with water release decals on) and one time I toyed with the idea of putting some pics on a nail site, I looked at a few sites and was quite disturbed to see that some women cultivate very long toe nails, it looked very strange, like they had animals claws - toe nails should be short and neat.

20. ElegantGreenEyesNJ

ElegantGreenEyesNJ New Member

Albums:
    The closest I've ever come to fake toenails was once when my big toenail developed a nasty split. The woman who does my nails used acrylic to patch it up until it could be filed down.

P~

Draft saved Draft deleted