Fake Unity at the Dem Convention & Rethinking the Nominee

Trinity

Just Browsing
Media
The LA Times, on 9/4/2008 reported Some Hillary Clinton delegates remain displeased over ‘unity’ push. That, my friends, is the understatement of the century. Here are some highlights of how your NEW Democratic Party is treating you and Delegates who don’t fall in line:
The “unity” convention in Denver is over. But some Hillary Rodham Clinton delegates are back home in California stewing over what they describe as pressure from Barack Obama allies to create a false image of overwhelming support for the Democratic presidential nominee.
As part of that push, some of the Clinton backers grouse, Obama supporters made plain that the Clinton delegates needed to switch sides and vote for the eventual nominee. A fair amount of that happened. The final delegate tally was 3,188.5 for Obama; 1,010.5 for Clinton, according to numbers released Wednesday by the Democratic National Committee.
The real tally had Clinton ahead in the popular vote and only behind Obama by 17 pledged delegates. See the Green Papers here.
Raymond Penko, a Clinton delegate from San Diego who campaigned door-to-door for her, said: “There was pressure all around to conform to what I would call the old boys’ club. . . . As soon as Obama delegates heard that one was a Hillary supporter, they would shun you, tell you to get over it, say, ‘Stop being a crybaby. What’s your problem? Don’t you want to win in November?’ “
No wonder Obama is losing ground. With the media’s help, the DNC has been perpetuating the myth that he has a lot more support than really exists. We’ve been shouting for months that his candidacy was built on a house of cards. A caucus win in Wyoming does not a Democratic landslide make. According to the Observer:
It is clear that there was never any sense of urgency within the determinedly harmonious Obama campaign, at least not until now, about enlisting the help of the two Democrats [the Clintons] who are arguably more capable than any others of creating news and changing, or at least displacing, unhelpful narratives.
All the while, the McCain campaign is drawing blood, defining Mr. Obama as a vacuous, long-winded celebrity light on practical experience, and Mrs. Palin’s high-profile entry into the race has only hastened that process.
“I guess a small-town mayor is sort of like a community organizer,” Mrs. Palin said in her fawned-over debut convention speech, “except that you have actual responsibilities.”
Much like Obama was intimidated by and jealous of Hillary, he is so intimidated by Sarah Palin’s success, he keeps referring to her as the Mayor of a small town, conveniently forgetting she is actually a sitting Governor and an incredibly popular one at that.
Senator Obama’s fawning media notwithstanding, word is getting out on the street that Obama has serious problems with women and considering the recent huge shift of women to McCain in the polls, it is no wonder that Friedman and many others have starting offering mouth-to-mouth resuscitation to the ailing Obama campaign.
Obviously Obama’s ‘lipstick on a pig‘ comments Tuesday did nothing to help his progressive image.
And a desperate Biden is now saying Hillary is the greatest thing since sliced bread. Can you spell t-r-o-u-b-l-e in Obamaland? - NOQuarter (Ani)

Trinity

Just Browsing
Media
SHE'S BACK!
I never went anywhere. The polls speak for themselves.
INSANE IN THE MEMBRANE!!!!
It is insane that the Obama Campaign and the Democratic leadership failed to realize that fake unity would lead Obama to having to go beg Pres. Clinton in the middle of Harlem on his turf (LOL)...someone he smeared for racism during the primary...for help.
NObama 08 !!!
Exactly

Documented proof of FAKE UNITY pushed by the Obama Campaign at the Democratic Convention. That is not democracy and it demonstrates why the General Election is going the way it is. When the Democratic Party abandoned its democratic principles it was on its way to defeating itself.

lerotic

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
And the McCain camp has any real unity. Your own spokes woman didn't know her name and called her Pallin and Ron Paul is on record as rejecting pleas from the McCain camp for an endorsement .

This is what as a European that I don't get about the Bush / McCain voters. HOW DON'T YOU SEE WHAT THE REST OF THE WORLD SEES ?

Please tell me you've at least travelled outside the States.

B_New End

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Here's the thing.
Hillary and McCain are the same.
I wouldn't care in the election if either won, if it was between teh two....

tweedle-dee, tweedle dum

However, just about anybody, vs Palin, I would have to go with the other person.

Palin is dangerously underqualified. Having a pussy does not mean you can run the free world.

B_New End

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Gov. Palin is qualified to be Vice President. Obama is NOT qualified to be President. Having a speech does not mean you can run the free world.

But having no speech, no credentials, and no economic background or history means you can?

LUDICROUS!!!

LOL!!!!

At least Obama has speeches, has essays ,and has shown he an show judgment, and understand the complexities of geopolitics.

Uh... uhh... whats the Bush Doctrine again?

mista geechee

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Gov. Palin is qualified to be Vice President. Obama is NOT qualified to be President. Having a speech does not mean you can run the free world.

if she can be vp then she should be qualified to be president since she will be in charge if anything happens to mccain

Trinity

Just Browsing
Media
But having no speech, no credentials, and no economic background or history means you can?

LUDICROUS!!!

LOL!!!!

At least Obama has speeches, has essays ,and has shown he an show judgment, and understand the complexities of geopolitics.

Uh... uhh... whats the Bush Doctrine again?

Obama has no credentials and no economic background or history (whatever you mean by that) to be President. And I've already stated, speeches don't mean anything without the experience and record to back up what is stated, claimed and promised in a speech.

Sarah Palin has executive experience as a leader making decisions and she has proven reformer track record as an effective leader. Even the Govenor of Illinois defended Palin's experience. Obama is not qualified to be President and is just mad that this woman is more qualified than him.

if she can be vp then she should be qualified to be president since she will be in charge if anything happens to mccain

That's right. And Gov. Sarah Palin is qualified to be Vice President and therefore I believe she is qualified to take over for McCain as President if the need should arise. Obama has 300 Foreign Policy advisors for a political campaign...Sarah Palin will have all she needs to make the right decisions if she's called to step up.

I really don't understand why the Obama campaign is forwarding that argument anyway. This "heart beat away from the Presidency" argument weakens Obama's position. A voter deciding between McCain and Obama is not going to say "Yeah I believe this woman isn't qualified for VP so I'm going to vote for a less qualified President in Obama over the more qualifed McCain..." Everytime Obama makes that argument he's solidifying that he isn't qualified himself for the job.

B_New End

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Palin, has demonstrated no understanding of the national and international issues facing this nation. NONE.

Being able to see Russia from your state does not make you an expert in foreign policy. Sorry.

D

deleted213967

Palin, has demonstrated no understanding of the national and international issues facing this nation. NONE.

Being able to see Russia from your state does not make you an expert in foreign policy. Sorry.

What she meant was that she could see into Putin's eyes from that island in Alaska and not "see his soul" because, unlike Li'l Bush, she knows Putin doesn't have any.

Her gut instinct in this case is right on the money. Condi never trusted the man either (although as you know she has to obey her boss). Gee, even Sarkozy doesn't trust him.

P.S.: I notice that you're almost cured of CAPLOCK disease. Congratulations on your swift recovery.

Signed: Titless Hairless Torso.

B_New End

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Ok

I will humor you

Would you think it wise to start a war, with a nation with the world's second largest nuclear arsenal, headed by a man with "no soul"?

Furthermore, do you think it would be worth nuclear war, to be sure the region of South Ossetia does not become a principality of Russia?

Is this really, in any way, in the interests of the United States?
Is it worth the risk? Is it worth the diplomatic consequences? IS it worth the money?
I don't think so. Only a handful of oil companies do.

BTW, Putin may not have a soul, but he is 100 times more informed on geopolitics than Palin could ever hope to be. Russia is one of the most intense geopolitical players in the world. They have a history of taking politics very serious, and are very accustomed to multipolar political struggles. They are no joke. Look at how they are rising again... when 15 years ago they looked like they were about to fall into obscurity, crime and hyperinflation.

D

deleted213967

Ok

I will humor you

Would you think it wise to start a war, with a nation with the world's second largest nuclear arsenal, headed by a man with "no soul"?

Furthermore, do you think it would be worth nuclear war, to be sure the region of South Ossetia does not become a principality of Russia?

Is this really, in any way, in the interests of the United States?
Is it worth the risk? Is it worth the diplomatic consequences? IS it worth the money?
I don't think so. Only a handful of oil companies do.

BTW, Putin may not have a soul, but he is 100 times more informed on geopolitics than Palin could ever hope to be. Russia is one of the most intense geopolitical players in the world. They have a history of taking politics very serious, and are very accustomed to multipolar political struggles. They are no joke. Look at how they are rising again... when 15 years ago they looked like they were about to fall into obscurity, crime and hyperinflation.

Wouldn't you agree that there must be some middle ground between starting a thermonuclear war with Russia and a doctrine of appeasement based on our fear of Putin and his convenient access to a vast nuclear arsenal (quite literally an overkill)?

Palin was likely trying to convey the message that she would treat thugs as thugs. Then again, once in office, all those tough-talkers have had a history of mellowing and "compromising".

Still, because of the reasons you stated, Putin and his presidential puppet represent a much graver threat to us than any of those deranged smaller-country dictators.

In that respect, I find it reassuring that Palin is not foolish enough to believe that everybody wants to be our friend and that reaching a helping hand will achieve that goal. Putin is a cynic, a very powerful cynic who is intent on rebuilding the Soviet empire. This time, he not only has the cannons but he has the butter too.

As for the ascent of Russia's economy, you know well that it has nothing to do with Putin's competence as CEO there, and everything to do with his smooth, milky white ass sitting on ginormous natural gas reserves.

davec94

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Russia's economy is in a big shithole right now. it's only doing well in comparison to when it was doing worse.

And it would be moronic to go to war over Georgia, especially since those idiots were the ones who were baited into attacking South ossetia.

B_New End

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

As for the ascent of Russia's economy, you know well that it has nothing to do with Putin's competence as CEO there, and everything to do with his smooth, milky white ass sitting on ginormous natural gas reserves.

And oil. And undercutting OPEC.

Wouldn't you agree that there must be some middle ground between starting a thermonuclear war with Russia and a doctrine of appeasement based on our fear of Putin and his convenient access to a vast nuclear arsenal (quite literally an overkill)?

I say, who gives a fuck about Georgia. Seriously. Its not like they are some beautiful democracy. They are as crooked as Putin's Russian democracy.. and certainly not worth American blood or treasure. One king for another... again, who cares?

D_Davy_Downspout

Account Disabled
Media
Palin's a reformer? How? Her state leads the country in earmarks, and her town led the country per-capita while she was mayor?

Please please PLEASE try to bring up the bridge to nowhere to refute me. I'll actually show you video of her supporting it, and then show you proof that she got the money from that anyway.