MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I've been celebrating Pre-Halloween since Walpurgisnacht. After Halloween starts Pre-Walpurgisnacht.

365 Spoopy!!!

Fall is cooler temps and fewer tempests.

Longer nights. Ra gives it up to Khonsu.

Longer dog walks, more wild walks cuz the sneks are less rowdy.

MisterB

Worshipped Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Great thread @JadedViolet!!!

Fall is also my most favorite season! Spring is a close second, but fall beats them all!

Love love love fall colors. The smells. The crispness of the evenings. The tree leaves turning. That special smell of fireplaces being used.

Anyone remember all that color swatching/analysis from many moons ago? I'm an "autumn". Which made me so happy to be officially designated as my favorite season.

And today I hit the jackpot at WalMart! They have put out all the wonderful fall scented wax cubes. The checkout lady was checking out my new smelly cubes: "Oh, I'll have to try that one. Oh, the name of that scent sounds good." So I opened a couple of them so she could get her smell on. Masked and properly social distanced of course! :mask:

My house is gonna get its pumpkin and other fall smells on for the next few months! Gonna burn my first one tonight!

Yay for fall! :heart:

NCbear

Superior Member
Media
Greensboro (North Carolina, United States)
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
The wildly beautiful autumn leaves, one last flamboyant gesture by Mother Nature before the deep, still quiet of winter sets in.

The sharp bite of the first frost, drawing complex figures on windowpanes and edging leaves of outdoor plants with an otherworldly silvery sheen.

Orange, yellow, burgundy, and brown taking over green and blue as the dominant colors of the great outdoors.

The poignant knowledge that so much must die or go dormant during the winter in order for spring’s extravagant multicolored exuberance to burst forth again after winter’s ice, snow, and gray, bleak, short days.

NCbear (another person whose favorite season is fall)

Don't you do this to me!!!!
Don't.
I love fall so much. *flails arms everywhere*

Although I will say falls aren't what they use to be with climate change, less rain, hotter/longer summers, etc. The leaves just aren't as bright anymore.

Although I will say falls aren't what they use to be with climate change, less rain, hotter/longer summers, etc. The leaves just aren't as bright anymore.

And temperatures aren't as cool anymore. I remember pre-2000 and even around 2000 it would get chilly...a real cold bite to the air that would have you asking yourself do I need a light jacket???
Now its like okay we're doing broiling these fuckers lets just smolder a bit.
Which is mostly why I want to move to canada...far north. Its just a complete clusterfuck anywhere in the us from northern Virginia south.

Scarletbegonia

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
Fall where I live means “is it snowing yet?” and “are the damn aspen peepers gone yet?”
It also means
Apple Honey Challah - Recipe for Rosh Hashanah Challah

I veganize it, this year I’m trying homemade date syrup as the sweetener.
I am in the month where you get right before new year. Rosh means head and Hashanah means year, so head of the year.

Now I’m wondering where my yaktrax are.
I’ve been in snow (not flurries, snow on the ground) on Oct 5.

I love transitional seasons.

But what I love about fall is that summer is finally coming to an end or has come to an end.
I love all the pumpkin spice everything and the pumpkin flavored everything.
I love fall decor and the trees dropping their leaves and leaves changing colors.
All of the fall treats.
As a kid I use to love going for long walks on Halloween getting dressed up and getting candy.
I lived in a neighborhood that had about 7 or so streets really close together and a bunch of my family would get together to walk up and down those streets. It was a very neighborhoodie thing to do. Those were some good memories of when fall was nice and cool and when Halloween really meant something special.

D

deleted5791141

18032FE8-E6D8-4A69-B08C-5BC0D5FE4D1E.jpeg
488DFF9D-5C49-447E-B20E-EA39706C2728.jpeg
From Oktoberfest festivals (which, sadly, I know can’t happen this year), to all things Samhain (Halloween; Día de Los Muertos), and ending with Thanksgiving and the beginnings of the Winter holidays — Autumn gives me life!

31634831-A970-452B-BCC7-6BC498ACC7A6.jpeg

Reactions: MickeyLee
S

superbot

Jeez,cant we just still enjoy the summer and not wish our lives away? I'm waiting for someone to mention the 'C' before too long!!

I can understand that.
The fuckers who create products use the word "pumpkin' or "pumpkin spice" when too often the product has neither. I've started checking ingredients on these fall treats. Most of it is marketing bullshit.

But heres a happy photo:

153d5f08ef76ab0c5c70c0ec5fc1a1e0.jpg

fall is a beautiful time of year but it always makes me feel a bit sad somehow. Everything is dying, dark nights are coming dark,wet,cold and miserable dark when you leave for work and dark by time you go home. Spring makes me feel more positive and hopeful everythings coming to life. Its daylight on way to and from work.

halcyondays

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Autumn was my favorite season when I lived back east. Loved the cornucopia which spilled from the late summer/autumn garden.

autumnvegetablegarden-motherearthnews.jpg

Autumn is still my favorite season here in The Upside Down of the Arizona desert. The Big Heat will finally be over and the winter garden planted! :cool:

maxresdefault.jpg

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
The significance of the transition seasons for me isn't something I can summarize with human language.

I love spooky stuffs. The way nature gets prepared for the lack of sun, and intense cold, and the symbolism it holds for me...

Dia De Los Muertos isn't a fall holiday on accident. Same goes for Halloween.

Seasons are significant. I appreciate change and the flow of life in ways I can explain.

Last edited: