Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
Today is the first day of the Fall season. I love Fall. Its my favorite time of year mainly for the foods and how our dinner menus change. You know the ones, casseroles, soups, stews, roasts. We slowly forget about the light salads and finger foods of summer. Even my latte choices change. Give me spice!

So what are your favorite fall dinner choices?

EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Tortilla soup! You've never had tortilla soup until you had it made by an English woman living in Texas! LOL! Mum gives it a bit of a twist, and I don't exactly know how, but I love hers. It's sort of like a Mexican chicken noodle soup, I guess.

Hoping to get to Mum and Dad's for Thanksgiving again.

B_Nia88

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Portuguese Potato and Garlic Soup (Sopa De Alho Com Batatas):

• 1 tablespoon butter
  • 2 garlic cloves, thinly julienned
  • 2 chicken bouillon cubes
  • 4 cups boiling water
  • 1 cup nonfat milk
  • 2 large potatoes, peeled, boiled and mashed
  • 3 ounces light cream
  • salt, to taste

]Preparation of Portuguese Potato and Garlic Soup (Sopa De Alho Com Batatas):[/B]

[*]In a saucepan, heat butter and saute garlic until soft, not browned.
[*]In a bowl, dissolve the vegetable broth in the boiling water; add to saucepan and simmer for 10 minutes. Turn off the stove, add milk and potatoes and stir well. Increase heat and bring to boil.
[*]Remove from heat and add the cream, stirring gently. Add salt if necessary.
[/LIST]

red7.5

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Roast pork or chicken, homemade apple or cranberry sauce, butternut squash, roasted beets, the last tomatoes from the garden.

The pot roasts, stews and the like are my winter favorites. As a hater of winter, I prefer to wait on these until the wood stove is burning every day.

OhWiseOne

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Walked outside this morning and you could feel a glimpse of fall, well fall in Florida is a glimpse. My food choices don't change that much with the seasons but I would say I lean more towards soups.

Vegetable (beef or chicken)
Potato cheese
Chili (made with chuck roast)
White bean chicken chili

I do like simple things like smoked sausage and onions. Just made that the other day.

Plus I get comfort from making them and smelling the ingredients slowly coming together. :tongue:

Last edited:

The Dragon

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
When the weather turns cold..ahem..or at least cool, it's all thick soups, casseroles, stews and freshly baked bread and stick to the ribs puddings.

Beef and guinness casserole with sharp cheddar cheese dumplings.
Ox tail and barley stew.
Deep dish chicken, leek and riesling pie with suet pastry.
Steak and kidney pudding and creamy mashed potatoes.
Smoked cod`chowder.

Golden syrup dumplings with double cream.
Icky Sticky Date Pudding with toffee sauce and vanilla bean icecream.
Bread and butter pudding with ginger and mango conserve.
A different form of bread and butter pudding..croissants split and filled with sliced fresh bananas and nutella spread and the egg custard made wit dark dutch coca powder.....served with thick cream.

VernalTiger

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Question for you Americans/Northern Hemisphereans... What is the significant date that heralds the start of Fall? Is it a date, or an event?

Here it's purely based on the calendar, with the switch occurring on the first day of the month -
Summer: Dec, Jan, Feb
Autumn: Mar, Apr, May
Winter: Jun, Jul, Aug
Spring: Sep, Oct, Nov

Except I'm in the tropics, so we only have two: the wet season and the dry season.

D_Ted Riding Hooded

Experimental Member
Media
Question for you Americans/Northern Hemisphereans... What is the significant date that heralds the start of Fall? Is it a date, or an event?

Here it's purely based on the calendar, with the switch occurring on the first day of the month -
Summer: Dec, Jan, Feb
Autumn: Mar, Apr, May
Winter: Jun, Jul, Aug
Spring: Sep, Oct, Nov

Except I'm in the tropics, so we only have two: the wet season and the dry season.

I think Autumn starts on the Autumnal Equinox and Spring on the Vernal...Well, for us up here anyway!

SprinkleMe69

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
Walked outside this morning and you could feel a glimpse of fall, well fall in Florida is a glimpse. My food choices don't change that much with the seasons but I would say I lean more towards soups.

Vegetable (beef or chicken)
Potato cheese
Chili (made with chuck roast)
White bean chicken chili

I do like simple things like smoked sausage and onions. Just made that the other day.

Plus I get comfort from making them and smelling the ingredients slowly coming together. :tongue:
I must try these chili's you speak of I'll be over in a little bit :wink: