Fame: leg warmers and short shorts

Meniscus

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I don't know what made me think of this after all these years, but when I was a kid I really enjoyed the TV show Fame. I looked up some of my favorite scenes on YouTube and wow, were they awful. I can't believe I used to like this crap.

This first clip isn't too bad. Seeing the guy in leg warmers and short shorts (I think it's Michael DeLorenzo from CSI) was initially shocking, but then I flashed back to being a gay kid and thinking he was hot. (He's got great legs.) This clip also shows off Debbie Allen's skills as a dancer.
YouTube - Fame "Life Is A Celebration"

The music in the movie was somewhat better. Check out Michael's bulge at 1:56 and 2:03 in this clip. I also kinda like the guy in the yellow shirt and red short shorts.
YouTube - FAME - HOT LUNCH

Here's the scene from the film where they are dancing in the streets. The guy in the bumblebee shirt and short shorts has great legs. Towards the end you get a brief glimpse of a guy in red short shorts.
YouTube - fame

Here's Gene Anthony Ray and his "wicked" moves...in short shorts.
YouTube - FAME - RED LIGHT

The guy who shows up at 0:17 in this clip looks like the inspiration for Fez on That 70s Show. The clip isn't worth watching past that.
YouTube - FAME

CUBE

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I enjoyed the show but seeing Debbie Allen again...oh man...THE worst play I ever saw was Debbie Allen in Sweet Charity. She stunk from beg-end. I never wanted to smack my ticket money back out of a performer but she got me there. Oh the pain. But anyway, yeah the guy from CSI has had an interesting career.

elegant20

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Michael DeLorenzo was also one of the dancers in Michael Jackson's Beat it video. Also,the series was loosely based on the movie that saved about five characters that started from the movie. Debbie Allen, Lee Curreri, Albert Hague, Gene Anthony Ray, and of course, DeLornenzo.

Last edited:
Reactions: Muda

midlifebear

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
The more I see of the mid 70's to mid 80's the more I'm appalled at the site of leg warmers and big hair. But it will all come back. Soon, leg warmers will be la última grita de moda otra vez. Sigh. And of course, "the higher the hair the closer to God."

elegant20

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Poor Gene Ray. He was HIV positive, suffered from a stroke later in his lifetime. He was also expelled at the New York School for the Performing Arts. Gene Ray made me feel proud to be who I am. I never met him, but he seemed like a really down to earth kind of person and I saw him in the Where Are They Now? segment....seeing him not too long before his death made me cry. He was a such a great loss. I mean, he was only seventeen years old when he did the movie, Fame, and had one killer dancer body to booth.