Family Feud: Johnsons vs. Edwards

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by naughty, Apr 11, 2007.

1. naughty

Gold Member

The strange case of Monty Johnson...

For some reason it rubs me the wrong way that Mrs. John Edwards has chosen to make such a fuss over her neighbor, Monty Johnson. Mr. Johnson is Republican who has lived on his family's land for years. He has a garage, a trailor, a house and a pond to fish in. He also owns a gun which he says he has in case he needs to defend himself. On the other side of the fence are the Edwards family who moved next door three years ago and have built a family home to rival The Pondarosa. Mrs Edwards rails that Mr Johnson scares her and she is afraid to let her children out to play with such as he as a neighbor.Mr Johnson seems to be bewildered at the fear other than the fact that he has a homemade sign supporting Rudy Guiliani for the 2008 elections. What do you think?

2. Pecker

Pecker Retired Moderator
    Gold Member

I think that people who move in next to an airport had better wear earplugs.

I understand that since the Edwards built their mansion, property values have skyrocketed and Mr. Johnson's taxes have about doubled.

3. DC_DEEP

Gold Member

I haven't seen the story in the news, but from the scenario you present, Mr. & Mrs. Edwards present themselves as either unbelievably arrogant or not-too-bright. I second Pecker's comment about the earplugs.

4. agnslz

Gold Member

I wouldn't be too scared of a gun-toting Giuliani supporter, if I were Elizabeth Edwards!:biggrin:

5. B_cigarbabe

B_cigarbabe New Member

Me either!
    She just comes off as arrogant and/or superior,to her neighbors.
    I don't think it's the gun that bothers her,aren't the people who guard
    the Edwards, also armed? Nah,It isn't the guns at all!
    They are superior!
    cigarbabe:saevil:

6. Pecker

Pecker Retired Moderator
    Gold Member

It's a shame that her attitude will effect her illness negatively.

Neighbor: "Sorry about your illness, Mrs. Edwards"

Mrs. E.: "Go to hell, you peon."

7. Sklar

Gold Member

Albums:
    Not at all. It fits in perfectly with John Edwards two Americas.

Edwards: I'm a rich politican that moved in here only three years ago, helped to raise your property taxes, want to repeal your 2nd amendment rights and I want your vote.

Johnson: I've lived here for decades. Don't need a high faluting, fancy lawyer as a neighbor who is going to raise my taxes. I have a gun that I've never used and hopefully won't have too but you'll be damn happy I have one if your home is ever robbed and I see it happening.

Draft saved Draft deleted