Family kiss on the lips

actioncfc

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
On BONES (LOL) last night the character played by David Boreans(SP?)Kisses his tv son on the lips. Did your parents kiss you or do you kiss your kids on thelips? I have not seen that in recent years and until I saw the show I had forgotten about that. My parents did. My siblings do not. I know European's most likely do as the are more relaxed about nudity and sex in general.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Moms side is very huggy kissy, they actually used to kiss on the lips but when I was a little kid (3 or 4) I would run and hide or wipe the kisses off. :redface: , ( <---- I wonder if that was the start of my OCD thing about germs). :tongue: I soon learned to just turn my head so they kissed my cheek. :cool:

Oddly, everyone was disturbed when my cousin had her son 7 years ago and she started kissing him on the lips. I think it was because he wanted to kiss everyone on the lips even strangers and the little girls in day:tongue:care.

'
On BONES (LOL) last night the character played by David Boreans(SP?)Kisses his tv son on the lips. Did your parents kiss you or do you kiss your kids on thelips? I have not seen that in recent years and until I saw the show I had forgotten about that. My parents did. My siblings do not. I know European's most likely do as the are more relaxed about nudity and sex in general.

We don't physically kiss in my family. We air kiss. My family is completely physically unaffectionate but then we're all terribly WASPy so I think that's a cultural thing.

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
southern girl here, my family is smooch happy, i grew up kissing my family and family friends on the lips. i never thought it was a strange thing to do.

ML

still kiss my kin on the lips. i do have a 5 second rule on hugs. that's just me.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
my dad kissed me until I was twelve. then he - pointedly - told me it was time to stop, that we would now shake hands
Wow, that's weird to me. :confused: Why 12? Why not 13 or 18? Did you ever ask him why? Is he still alive? Can you ask him now? If you were to hug him now would he think you were nuts?

catman

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
We kiss here, but one son got shy about it in front of his friends, so we just hug...its his call (he grew out of it btw).

I think part of it is just growing up and learning to define your own 'space'.

D_Al_A_Ghory

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
My dad told me at around 10 that we did not need to kiss "we were men an donly shook hands". I have 4 kids ages 21-11 an dwe kiss all the time, its a great form of expression an dlove.

DaveyDoes

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
We all live in the South now but, my parents and family were born and raised in Europe...so, yeah, big kissers and hugger's, within weird unspoken limits.

Always kiss my Mom, Grandparents and son on the lips, although he's four...that might change when he gets older. My sister and nephew gets hugs and a kiss on the cheek. My niece gets a kiss on the lips. I never remember any form of affection between my father and myself...kisses nor hugs. That's about it, friends and other family (cousins and aunts) get "hellos" and maybe the odd hug at funerals or on holidays.

ddaithom2003

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Well our's is a family of variety. I kiss my daughters and they they kiss me on the lips (they are all grown women). I hug their husbands and perhaps a small cheek kiss depending on closeness of the sutuation. My grandkids get a hug and a kiss and I was very happy to note hat the other day when I was walking in the city with my 10 year old grandson that he quietly slipped his hand into mine as we walked along. My wife and I are very openly affectionate.

By contrast my brother-in-law shakes his sons and grandsons by the hand from about 2 years of age. He maintains that they will turn into homosexuals if he hugs them!!!!

David