Family Nudity Strange Situation

Discussion in 'Underwear, Clothing, and Appearance Issues' started by uncwgrad, Nov 29, 2008.

1. uncwgrad

uncwgrad New Member

So, here's my family nudity strange situation from this year's Thanksgiving.

Earlier today I was traveling between family locations when I arrived at my dad's house. He raised me alone, and he was pretty open about nudity. Once I was a bit older, I felt comfortable enough to say let him get something out of our one bathroom while in the shower or being ok walking around some naked.

I got to his house today after being on the road. I wanted to take a shower, and he let me use his shower instead of having me drive home 30 minutes away. My stepmother wasn't there, so I just got naked as I always do at home. I mean, he is the one that taught and encouraged me to be ok with nudity, and he was the only one there.

However, he seemed to be really bothered by this. He didn't say anything, but he insisted that the door be shut to the bathroom, etc. This is not his usualy behavior, but he was very sure to be private when he took a shower after me.

Should I ask him about it? Do I need to apologize?

2. Principessa

Gold Member

Maybe he was afraid your stepmom would walk in at any minute. :confused: I would ask him about it.

3. uncwgrad

uncwgrad New Member

She was out of town. I had just heard that she was two hours away, and that is why I didn't think about it.

4. Swordie

Gold Member

Albums:
    When was the last time either of u was naked in front of the other? How long has it been?

5. luvbgdk

luvbgdk New Member

This is the deal.......your dad encouraged you to be this way....and there is nothing wrong with that, however, it seems as if his new lady doesn't really approve. Sit down and have a talk with dad....I'm sure he can shed some light on why the sudden change in his outlook. I'm certain that his new lady has something to do with it.......don't worry though. Hugs and Happy Thanksgiving!

6. curious n str8

curious n str8 New Member

Albums:
    But first it would be nice to know what gender you are :dunno:

7. B_pinoyurge

B_pinoyurge New Member

if you're gay, probably your dad is now awkward to get naked in front you or to see you naked in front of him.

it was a different situation when you were younger.

8. uncwgrad

uncwgrad New Member

No, we are both straight males.

9. Art1975

Art1975 Member

Albums:
    And how long has it been since you've seen eachother naked? How old were you?

10. exwhyzee

Gold Member

Call me a Puritan, but I can think of fewer awkward conversations than "Dad, why did you freak out when I got naked?"

I would just chalk it up to his changing attitudes. If he wanted more modesty in his house, that's ok. Maybe just he isn't used to having a guy in his house anymore. What was once commonplace is now rare. It doesn't mean nudity is bad, but maybe he was indicating that he prefers it not happen in that context anymore.

I wouldn't make it a topic of conversation. His actions appear to have spoken pretty clearly. You are an adult now, and can make your own policy decisions in your own place.

Draft saved Draft deleted