Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Unfortunately did not grow up in a nudist or nudity friendly household, but I wish I had! I think it is very natural to see other nude bodies and helps teach them what they will look like and experience when they get older. Plus I know most guys are curious about their development and comparing it. Hope to be able to raise my own in a more open fashion.

D

deleted907269

I grew up seeing all the men in my family naked, father, brother, uncles and cousins.
It might be a rugby thing, or just lack of religious puritanism in my family, but the amount of times we would end up hosing down the dirt in the back garden after playing, skinny dipping in the pool or just showering while someone is shaving/having a leak... there were no locks in the bathroom for safety reasons and because there was nothing to hide/be ashamed off.
When puberty hit, my father didn't really sit down for a talk, he just openly talked about anything I was curious about. Never felt awkward when naked around other guys, regardless of my sexuality.

circedbychoice

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I grew up with two older sisters. The girls are 13 months apart in age with the youngest being 8 years older than me. Therefore, when I reached puberty both sisters were off to college. My dad took an extra interest with me being his only son. He would always allow me to see him naked when it was just the two of us. I entered puberty at an early stage; therefore, I had more hair in more places than my classmates. My father and I spent many weekends alone at our lake house while my mother worked weekends as a nurse at the local hospital. On these weekends we were always shirtless, usually clad in shorts and shoes only. We would shower and shave at the same time and both sleep naked. We also worked out at the local Y several nights a week and would always shower together there. As my penis grew and more body hair developed my father would always take notice and explain the changes that were occurring with my body. He would always tell me to look at his body because mine would most likely develop very similar to his. I did indeed obtain his large penis and body hair pattern; however, I have always wished that I maintained a foreskin like he continues to display.
I like your circumcised penis better than if you had a foreskin. It looks much better than with a foreskin.

Reactions: AgHarley and Jsv937

James Bell

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I was brought up to believe it was OK for guys to be naked together. With five bros and only two bathrooms, one reserved for our mum, I was very familiar with my dad's big, swinging, circumcised dick and my bros' junk also. We all slept in the buff and had no problem sharing the bathroom. We learned to shave naked, and still do so.
We all played rugby (dad was big in our local club) and had no problem showering naked with the other lads; it was what we were used to at home

I am an only child and never saw my dad naked. My parents had their own bathroom and I had one just for me so we didn't cross paths getting dressed once I was able to bathe myself. I saw dad in just his boxers several times over the years but never naked.

Contrast that with one of my male friends who grew up with four brothers plus his parents. He told me once that someone was almost always at least partially naked or running around shirtless. He told me that he and one of his brothers took showers together fairly often to save time in the morning, even as teenagers.

P51Geo1980

Sexy Member
Media
I'm curious to hear from others if they grew up in a family atmosphere where nudity was an occasional part of everyday life or something that never occurred.
Was sexuality discussed? Were parents or siblings seen naked?

I grew up in a family that was pretty liberal in terms of nudity. We weren't nudists by any stretch of the imagination, but we all would walk from the bathroom to our bedrooms nude after we had a shower, so it was common to see my folks and my brother nude at least a few times a week. It was never a big deal and for us it was considered normal. Sexuality was discussed but not in the context of us being nude. More like "this is what sex is, this is when it's appropriate, etc" and my folks were open and honest about any questions we had.

My younger brother and I shared a room, so we saw each other nude at least once a day when we'd change for bed or in the morning when we'd get ready. He was circumcised at birth (born in the USA) and I was not (born in France) and my father was (as an adult after living in the US for a number of years).

IntactMale

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Asheville (North Carolina, United States)
Verification
View
Sexuality
Unsure
I think nudity was somewhat normal in my family. I remember my father getting out of the shower while I was using the toilet when I was a child. Seems way more gross now than it did then. I also remember bringing the phone in to the bathroom for my mother when she was taking bath. It wasn't a big deal to me, but then I remember her making a remark to someone, "He doesn't care if I'm naked, he just comes in." After that I stopped. But I remember being at a water park in the change room with my father. I was very shy about changing and he told me that he/they had always taught me that I should be ashamed of my body. I wish I had actually been taught that lesson.

circedbychoice

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I was brought up to believe it was OK for guys to be naked together. With five bros and only two bathrooms, one reserved for our mum, I was very familiar with my dad's big, swinging, circumcised dick and my bros' junk also. We all slept in the buff and had no problem sharing the bathroom. We learned to shave naked, and still do so.
We all played rugby (dad was big in our local club) and had no problem showering naked with the other lads; it was what we were used to at home
Since your dad was circumcised, were you boys also circumcised?

Reactions: Summer of 1973

James Bell

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Yes. Dad had us all circumcised to be like him. Growing up in the UK it made us stand out from the crowd, especially as we were such a big tribe, but we were all very comfortable getting naked around other lads and enjoyed flaunting our bared bell-ends.
The exception was my second youngest bro who needed to be cut younger for phimosis.

circedbychoice

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Yes. Dad had us all circumcised be like him. Growing up in the UK it made us stand out from the crowd, especially as we were such a big tribe, but we were all very comfortable getting naked around other lads and enjoyed flaunting our bared bell-ends.
The exception was my second youngest bro who needed to be cut younger for phimosis.
Why the reason to wait ? Why not as we American's, as new borns? What was his reasoning for that?

Reactions: bryguy89

circedbychoice

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Yes. Dad had us all circumcised to be like him. Growing up in the UK it made us stand out from the crowd, especially as we were such a big tribe, but we were all very comfortable getting naked around other lads and enjoyed flaunting our bared bell-ends.
I have a friend who told me his dad did his and his brother's circumcisions as new born babies. I asked him if it looks as good as if it had been by a doctor? He said it does.

cutcock58

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Do your brothers like being cut too? It's so unusual for the UK. It should be normal like the USA.

Reactions: deleted14980321

James Bell

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Why the reason to wait ? Why not as we American's, as new borns? What was his reasoning for that?

I think partly to allow a more accurate cut (we all got low and tight with fren excised) and also so that we’d be old enough to appreciate what was being done to us. It might also have been the age at which he got circumcised, but I’m not sure about that. Tbh there wasn’t a lot of discussion except “you’re having this done because it looks better, keeps your dick clean, protects you from diseases, plus all the men in a family should look the same”. I think there’s something to be said for getting cut at that age; it formed a bond between us.

James Bell

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Do your brothers like being cut too? It's so unusual for the UK. It should be normal like the USA.
They were all cool with it, at least if how much they all liked to show off their mushroom heads at home and in the changing room is anything to go by. My older bro (whom I shared a room with) was really nervous about getting circumcised, but afterwards he told me how glad he was to be cut.

IntactMale

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Asheville (North Carolina, United States)
Verification
View
Sexuality
Unsure
I saw my parents naked when I was a kid, there was nothing weird about it. Though, it feels weird to think about it now. I also had an experience in which a friend and I exposed ourselves, I can't go into much detail. But it was made very clear that that was wrong, and it kind of confused me at that age.

The OP mentioned being from New England, as though that might be a factor. I'm from New England, the south shore of MA, and I'm not really sure how its relevant.

Tripod228mm

Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
East Grand Forks (Minnesota, United States)
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I was raised to be a prude. I remember seeing my sister in pajamas once and her nipples were poking out and my mother was absolutely furious, and my sister has slept with a bra on under her clothes ever since, even some 30+ years later. I never saw my parents in anything other than fully clothed. To this day my sister sleeps covered head to toe and even in a bra. She is raising her kids the same way. I remember my sister saw me naked after a shower once on accident, and even though she and I didn't care, we were petrified that our mother would find out, and that is what we were afraid of.

I remember being a teenager and staying over at my friends house a few nights in a row, and his family was completely opposite. I saw his entire family naked each night and mornings that I stayed there. Everyone in the family slept nude and walked to and from the bathroom and shower totally naked, even with me there. I stayed completely dressed, being completely mortified.

But I became less of a prude in college, and with my own family things are different. My kids and I see each other naked quite often, and of course it is 0% sexual. It just being relaxed and practical. My wife is becoming less prudish herself. I think one of the kids actually saw my wife in a bra the other day, which is new for her.

My wife and her siblings were pretty much conservative about nudity growing up, but her mother was quite open about it, so I have heard through stories of their friends coming over and their mother would be walking through the house naked and stop to talk to my wife's friends. My wife's mother is still pretty open about being naked, even though she is very conservative in all other areas. I remember when my wife and I were sharing a hotel room with my mother in law early on and she was naked in the room a lot. So, I made sure to be just as naked!

uc7dad

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I grew up in a family where nudity among males was accepted as a normal thing. Within the immediate family my mom was casual about nudity too. I was an only child so it was just three of us.
almost same here..reared by my single dad

Gopher

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Was raised to be comfortable seeing all my family naked, more in a casual sense past few years.

conversations of sexuality were encourages from youth so that I was given good information. As an adult they grew to be less informative and more inquisitive. Very open minded family.