Family Secrets Revealed

B_NineInchCock_160IQ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
These aren't really secrets, but most of my mom's family is mentally ill. paranoid delusional schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, multiple personality disorder, depression, drug use... My dad's side is healthier, they mostly suffer from obsessive compulsive disorder and being generally obnoxious. In my extended family there are instances of divorce, rape, statutory rape, child abuse, alcoholism, grand theft auto, breaking and entering... I even have one relative who used to be a crack whore. and then of course there's the guy in my family who spends a lot of his time online posting at penis-centric websites.

36DD

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
These aren't really secrets, but most of my mom's family is mentally ill. paranoid delusional schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, multiple personality disorder, depression, drug use... My dad's side is healthier, they mostly suffer from obsessive compulsive disorder and being generally obnoxious. In my extended family there are instances of divorce, rape, statutory rape, child abuse, alcoholism, grand theft auto, breaking and entering... I even have one relative who used to be a crack whore. and then of course there's the guy in my family who spends a lot of his time online posting at penis-centric websites.
Wow, we might be related through marriage!:biggrin1:

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
NineInchCock_160IQ, given what you know about your familys mental health issues; and assuming you plan to marry and have children. Do you consider good mental health or normalcy to be a criteria in a potential mate?

B_NineInchCock_160IQ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
NineInchCock_160IQ, given what you know about your familys mental health issues; and assuming you plan to marry and have children. Do you consider good mental health or normalcy to be a criteria in a potential mate?

Your assumption is wrong.

But if it weren't, good current mental health would be a factor for me. Normalcy wouldn't. Normalcy is deadly boring. I also don't mind women with issues in their past. In fact I tend to be drawn to them. As long as they've risen above, moved on, learned something and grown as a person. I think a person like that is more attractive than someone who has never faced adversity in their lives.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Your assumption is wrong. I thought it was; but needed to make that statement in order for the following question to make any sense. :smile:

But if it weren't, good current mental health would be a factor for me. Normalcy wouldn't. Normalcy is deadly boring. Let me clarify. To me normalcy means, no mental health issues. Not a stick in the mud who never tries anything new. You can be normal and go bungee jumping or heli-skiing. I also don't mind women with issues in their past. In fact I tend to be drawn to them. Isn't that exhausting after a while?:confused: As long as they've risen above, moved on, learned something and grown as a person. I think a person like that is more attractive than someone who has never faced adversity in their lives. Okay, I can go along with that.

Mr._dB

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
My great-grandfather was married five times that we know of, maybe as many as seven. And he didn't always necessarily wait for death or divorce before moving on to the next.

My great-grandmother was the first though.

Jeffin90620

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Has anybody else found out a startling/disturbing family secret?
My maternal grandfather committed suicide after a bout of alcoholism.

One of my distant female ancestors was killed by one of her brothers for being a slattern (obsolete term for "slut").

Another ancestor was shot (in the leg, not fatally) by Billy the Kid.

One of Aaron Burr's grandfathers is also one of my ancestors.

notsmallmatt

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
in my family tree i have european royalty(including about 4 kings that ive identified around 700-800 AD), native americans, folks who picked cotton and walked 5 miles in the snow to go.. wherever, and highly decorated nazis(something about throwing a grenade into a tank).

B_Hung Jon

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I need to talk to my father.... my dad's mom (my grandmother) is 100% full blooded Italian. My dad made a passing comment once about how we had some mobsters in our family... I wouldn't mind learning more about that!

We have a lot of strange family connections with guys who's names are "Little Louie", "Johnny the Hammer" and my favorite, "Freddy Vat-a-Beer". It seems my great great uncle, Freddy, was a bootlegger who made illegal beer in the 1920s. My mom says he crossed the mob, was done in & ended up floating head down in his own vat of beer. So yes, my family has some distant connections with La Cosa Nostra but it's hard to get my folks to talk about it. I wonder why? :biggrin1:

Jovial

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
in my family tree i have european royalty(including about 4 kings that ive identified around 700-800 AD)...
With a new generation about every 30 years, over 1200 years that's about 40 generations. So you have 2^40 = 1,099,511,627,776 great grandparents from that generation (some obviously duplicated through different paths in the family tree). So we're probably all related to just about everyone that lived and reproduced from back then.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
With a new generation about every 30 years, over 1200 years that's about 40 generations. So you have 2^40 = 1,099,511,627,776 great grandparents from that generation (some obviously duplicated through different paths in the family tree). So we're probably all related to just about everyone that lived and reproduced from back then.

Mmmm, Jovial it is sooo sexy when you talk math.:wink:

johnlucas-1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
My mom just told me yesterday that the reason her parents divorced back in the 1940's was because her mother was a party girl who preferred to spend her nights out clubbing with her girlfriends. :eek: :eek: :eek: I was shocked!

My maternal grandfather died long before I was born but my grandmother didn't pass away until I was a freshman in high school. I remember her as a sweet, woman with long auburn hair usually swept up into a bun. She gave great hugs, made great dinner rolls, chicken and dumplings, and was a devout member of the local AME church. I just can't picture her as a party girl.

A few years ago I found out that a distant cousin on my dads side got drunk and went berzerk one night and killed his wife and 2 kids before taking his own life. This was back in the late 1940's early 1950's.

With some gentle prodding under the guise of doing a family scrapbook I found out that depression, diabetes, alcoholism, hypthyroidism, hypertension; twins, are all quite prevalent on dad's side of the family also. Now I'm worried I have inherited some of these things.

Has anybody else found out a startling/disturbing family secret?

Usually the most churchgoing women that exist were once the most party-hardy party girls on the scene. Somewhere along the line they got scared and tied themselves to the church. Oldest story in the book. Happens all the time.

Some also feel that they have to change at a certain age to fit a certain image. Human beings are just the same in essence as they have always been. They always say there's really nothing new under the sun.
(Except for Nintendo Wii :wink:)

I lived a disturbing family secret firsthand, by the way.
John Lucas

Extra note: The people we see on Jerry Springer and think are so far different from us, really aren't. In fact that's more or less the reality of the human species. We just like to try dressing it up because "person" means "mask". :wink: