Family Underwear Choices And Habits

Kallos

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
My entire family is Mormon so they all wear the Mormon special underwear. On family vacations you could expect for all the guys to wear jockstraps under the swimsuits, no exceptions. Except my stoner uncle. He’d wear speedos. He was the fun uncle.

I grew up wearing white FOTL briefs. One summer in the 80’s I went to visit my grandparents (and stoner uncle who lived with them) and forgot to pack underwear. My stoner uncle took me shopping at one of the local stores. I just remember him telling me that he was going to buy the kind he wore. We then headed to a sporting goods store and he bought me my first speedo and some jockstraps.

I opened up the bags and my eyes became saucers—animal print bikinis, bikini’s with no sides, a funny pack of bikinis what had no cover for your butt like a jockstrap (thongs) and some really nice colored bikinis called Jockey Elance. I had no idea underwear like this existed.

My uncle and I had the whole upstairs of my grandparents house. That summer my uncle exposed me to being comfortable in just your underwear or just wearing a towel or going to and from the bathroom naked or swimming in a speedo.

I thought I was the hottest shit for having such fashionable adult underwear. To this day, I usually wear briefs, usually a jock for working out, speedos for swimming and sometimes boxer briefs and boxers when I feel like it. I still love Jockey Elance bikinis as well. And yes…all the Mormons are still wearing their special underwear.

starfire99

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
I used to wear boxers like my dad. But then I remember those white ck breifs with the red rim my dad had a pair and I used to love putting them on from the wash basket. Eventually I think my dad knew I was doing it so bought me my own for Christmas. I was younger at the time. I’m 27 now … still to this day wear breifs and I know he does to. Everyone else in the family has always been a boxers guy
Sorry, hope this isn't too late to reply to!
Curious, you said you're 27 and maybe those red waistband CKs would have been about a decade (or more ago). Care to say how old you and your dad were when you were 'borrowing' his? Super hot story!
A little bit older, but sort of similar situation. Used to wear basic 'tighty-whitiey' briefs (y-fronts) like my dad, but as I got older wanted to wear his man-sized pair.

Last edited by a moderator:

starfire99

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
My entire family is Mormon so they all wear the Mormon special underwear. On family vacations you could expect for all the guys to wear jockstraps under the swimsuits, no exceptions. Except my stoner uncle. He’d wear speedos. He was the fun uncle.

I grew up wearing white FOTL briefs. One summer in the 80’s I went to visit my grandparents (and stoner uncle who lived with them) and forgot to pack underwear. My stoner uncle took me shopping at one of the local stores. I just remember him telling me that he was going to buy the kind he wore. We then headed to a sporting goods store and he bought me my first speedo and some jockstraps.

I opened up the bags and my eyes became saucers—animal print bikinis, bikini’s with no sides, a funny pack of bikinis what had no cover for your butt like a jockstrap (thongs) and some really nice colored bikinis called Jockey Elance. I had no idea underwear like this existed.

My uncle and I had the whole upstairs of my grandparents house. That summer my uncle exposed me to being comfortable in just your underwear or just wearing a towel or going to and from the bathroom naked or swimming in a speedo.

I thought I was the hottest shit for having such fashionable adult underwear. To this day, I usually wear briefs, usually a jock for working out, speedos for swimming and sometimes boxer briefs and boxers when I feel like it. I still love Jockey Elance bikinis as well. And yes…all the Mormons are still wearing their special underwear.
Wow, that's a wild story! Could be a fun short film!
So are you still a member or ex-Mo? (I've got a lot of friends, mostly former & lgbt, but some who attend, but don't wear garments as they don't have a TR)
Curious, what did your family think when you came back home with that newly acquired underwear/jock collection? :eek: :blush:

PeterJackson1

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I was one of two children and my father always wore plaid boxers and still does. My mom started me out in white briefs (carter’s), then I had show toon briefs with scooby do and Mickey Mouse. I switch to FTL white briefs with the double blue lines and wore those until 6th grade. In 7th and 8th I wore white Hanes briefs. For freshman year of high school I picked out FTL ribbed whites and wore those until getting the orange and blue Fruit of the loom Briefs. I did get a 3 pack of white cool comfort briefs my sophomore year. My senior year I wore the white Fruit of the Loom briefs (it was spelled out). My freshman year of college I wore fruit of the loom briefs and did until 1999 when I bought white Bum Equipment low rise briefs from Target. I bought my first bikinis (Stanford) around that timeframe. I wore those until 2003 until I bought my first white Jockey Elance Bikini briefs. I wore those until about 2010 when I bought my first black jockey elance bikinis. I wear a variety of elance bikini colors and string bikinis from jockey at the moment. I haven’t any white in 11-12 years. Mom never wanted to buy me colored briefs…..she said they could cause a rash or the color would come out into my clothes.

diggita

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
I’ve been a brief guy my whole life. My dad also always wore tighty-whities. My childhood was hanes tighty whities. As a chubby teen I once tried boxers cause everyone else was wearing them but my chubby thighs were constricted without the elastic. As an adult I have only worn briefs as well, also as a big guy the choices are more limited in big-man sizes so I take what i can get

starfire99

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
I was one of two children and my father always wore plaid boxers and still does. My mom started me out in white briefs (carter’s), then I had show toon briefs with scooby do and Mickey Mouse. I switch to FTL white briefs with the double blue lines and wore those until 6th grade. In 7th and 8th I wore white Hanes briefs. For freshman year of high school I picked out FTL ribbed whites and wore those until getting the orange and blue Fruit of the loom Briefs. I did get a 3 pack of white cool comfort briefs my sophomore year. My senior year I wore the white Fruit of the Loom briefs (it was spelled out). My freshman year of college I wore fruit of the loom briefs and did until 1999 when I bought white Bum Equipment low rise briefs from Target. I bought my first bikinis (Stanford) around that timeframe. I wore those until 2003 until I bought my first white Jockey Elance Bikini briefs. I wore those until about 2010 when I bought my first black jockey elance bikinis. I wear a variety of elance bikini colors and string bikinis from jockey at the moment. I haven’t any white in 11-12 years. Mom never wanted to buy me colored briefs…..she said they could cause a rash or the color would come out into my clothes.
Wow fun timeline of you and your undies, growing up! My timeline seems like it would be a little similar. Mostly white briefs growing up and then got into bikini or low rise ones by late HS / early college. I used to clip out underwear ads from newspapers and magz in the 80s and 90s. Wish I had held on to that horny scrapbook, lol!
Today the underwear drawer is pretty diverse, though still need to get some jock strap type ones and only own one pair of regular boxers, that rarely get into the rotation. Mostly it's still briefs, trunks and boxer-briefs for daily wear.

diggita

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Lol. Underwear buying growing up was always interesting. For me it was being an overweight kid (never grew out of it) and having to buy mens size briefs when i was still in grade school.

diggita

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
No, not until i was older. It hasn’t been until recently that there are fashionable briefs in big and tall sizes. Just recently hanes introduced string bikini briefs in big mans sizes. I just recently bought some

Reactions: latinbriefs

kdubb

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Commando seems to be the family theme or choice for the males. My Grandpa (my Dad's Dad) raised all 4 of his boys commando straight out of diapers and wouldn't allow Grandma to buy them underwear of any kind. Dad left me the choice so I wore underwear off and on until junior high and then I decided to throw out all my underwear and go commando from then on. Not sure what took me so long but I haven't owned underwear since. Dad was so proud that day. Most of my male cousins from my Dad's 3 brothers were raised commando and they raised their sons commando making 4 generations commando.

starfire99

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Which brand of bikinis/low rise ones did you get? Did you buy or your mom? Always was interesting when going shopping with mom for new underwear.
I can remember being in HS or early college and shopping w/mom at the discount places like Ross. They used to have Jockey bikini/low-rise styles. I think I only got one pair of the Poco and maybe a couple of the Elance (those were popular with some guys in HS), but then I also remember some polyester-ish type ones that I really didn't care for. Those were usually my last-in-rotation pairs. :joy:

starfire99

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Commando seems to be the family theme or choice for the males. My Grandpa (my Dad's Dad) raised all 4 of his boys commando straight out of diapers and wouldn't allow Grandma to buy them underwear of any kind. Dad left me the choice so I wore underwear off and on until junior high and then I decided to throw out all my underwear and go commando from then on. Not sure what took me so long but I haven't owned underwear since. Dad was so proud that day. Most of my male cousins from my Dad's 3 brothers were raised commando and they raised their sons commando making 4 generations commando.
Just curious, what era was your Dad and then when did you grow up? Was it weird in gym class when everyone was changing and you didn't have any underwear? Maybe it depends on where and when someone grew up, but I could imagine that peer pressure could have been rough for some of us if we were in that situation.
Also, while it could be a problem for some, I'd be too nervous about pee or pre-cum stains showing thru too easily. Then, for the less hygienic, some folks probably had to worry about skids marks too.

Reactions: ToroLA9x6

kdubb

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Just curious, what era was your Dad and then when did you grow up? Was it weird in gym class when everyone was changing and you didn't have any underwear? Maybe it depends on where and when someone grew up, but I could imagine that peer pressure could have been rough for some of us if we were in that situation.
Also, while it could be a problem for some, I'd be too nervous about pee or pre-cum stains showing thru too easily. Then, for the less hygienic, some folks probably had to worry about skids marks too.
I grew up in the 70s and 80s. Growing up in the western part of the U.S. in farming/mountain communities, going commando was not that uncommon as several of my classmates did the same so it was never an issue in gym class or locker rooms at school.

Last edited:

starfire99

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
I grew up in the 70s and 80s. Growing up in the western part of the U.S. in farming/mountain communities, going commando was not that uncommon as several of my classmates did the same so it was never an issue in gym class or locker rooms at school.
Interesting. I guess it's always good not to assume what is considered 'normal' in one place may not be someplace else. Thanks for sharing!

Reactions: maroon1040