Fancy Drawers - Boxers or Briefs

hung: I subscribe to"Men's Journal" and the January 2003 issue has a Self-Help page, number 16 with a neat article "Fancy Drawers." I will quote it here:

"The question: Boxers or briefs? Why not both, says David Mason, 39, the owner of the aptly named Nutters tailor shop in London. "We've created a hybrid," says Mason, who got his start selling handmade shirts to shops on Savile Row and eventually bought the Nutters brand. "Outside, it looks like a traditional boxer; inside, we've added a pouch of very fine cotton -- for support where it matters." As with all bespoke tailoring, your exact specifications will be taken by a discreet man who sees his work as an art. Three weeks later, you'll have garmet you can be proud of. If you can't make it to London, take heart: Mason makes stateside house calls (from $100; david@nutters.co.uk)" reported by Eric Hagerman

Please note that there is no web site listed. Only an E-mail address. While I have not ordered mine yet because I an an avid freeballer I thought I would share this with you all.

hung: I posted the original so that those who ask about briefs and/or boxers for the well endowed would know that there is a tailor who takes exact measurements. Although the price is above normal underwear prices, for the well healed and also well endowed this just might be the solution to their concerns. I will not judge what anyone can afford. I clearly stated that I am an avid freeballer. I would hope that everyone on the LPSG site would be willing to share information they obtain for the benefit of all of us. ::)

Max

Sexy Member
Media
Just for information. My custom made jockstraps cost only about 9 or 10 pounds sterling apiece (can't quite remember what the price was last time I ordered, but no more than that), and worn under loose boxers they offer the same if not far better support than what seems to be the idea here.

From the occasional post on this subject, it seems a lot of very big men find the idea of wearing a jock very unappealing. Very possibly this is because they have painful memories of cramming themselves into a standard issue one for sports. Wearing one that is actually designed to fit you is an entirely different matter.

Max

Sexy Member
Media
jonb

About 14 dollars max, I think. Maybe my last lot was "only" 8 pounds a go. It may seem a lot .. you are used to lower prices over there, I know. But anything custom made is going to cost a lot more; there are no savings on bulk.

Anyway, I need them, and it could be a whole lot worse.

hung: I started this post. I see that no one has taken up this firms offer, or at least they have not posted any feedback. While quite pricey I do not plan to check this undergear out in as much as I am an avid freeballer.

GreenEyes: From this woman's opinon what is the point then to have briefs underneath boxers. It takes away from the sex appeal for me.

gigantikok: Well, they aren't really underneath, they are attached... according to the article. But yea, just wear tighty whities, they aren't THAT uncool.

GreenEyes: This woman's impression of tighty whities is ackkkkkkkkkk

However there are some men that look good in anything.

I can't help it I am a boxer type of woman.

prepstudinsc: I dislike tighty whities for a couple of reasons...
1. too constricting--I like the room boxers provide, I have a big dick and big balls, briefs are just too uncomfortable.

2. lack of personality--briefs come in a few basic solid colors, while boxers come in every color known to humankind and every pattern under the sun.

hard2hide: I could never decide whether I liked boxer shorts or briefs better, so I decided to freeball instead. One less thing to worry about.

spike: Well I used to wear boxers but it was too floppy if ya know what i mean...anyway wearing tighty whities is jes plain uncomfortable. I ended up wearing boxerbreifs, because they combine features of both comfort and support i guess you call it.

Anyway I don't see the point of wearing boxers if you have tighty whities underneath. That completely ruins the comfort of wearing boxers....

GreenEyes: Forget comfort I am talking looks on a man and access but hey who am I to tell you what to wear.

Seriously many women prefer so many types. I just know I like the boxers on a man. When I saw the boxer briefs i thought they were adorable and I can deal with that.

Max

Sexy Member
Media
[quote author=GreenEyes link=board=clothing;num=1040131605;start=0#15 date=08/31/03 at 21:47:38]Forget comfort I am talking looks on a man and access ... [/quote]

Yes, but you don't have to wear them. ;) Seriously, some of us will never be able to wear boxers, boxer-shorts, or anything else 'normal'.

I decided a good while ago that comfort would have to come before looks in my case. The jocks I wear have all the glamour of surgical supports ... which of course is what they are. I dare say that the bigger you are the more likely it is that you have to face this choice. It is the need for support for my balls that is the clinching factor for me maybe. Some guys my length and more seem not to have the same trouble.

But because I wear (loose) boxers on top of the jocks, there is some chance of looking good, depending on good old Marks and Sparks.

Way back, just after we were married, my wife saw that the jockstrap firm I then used made standard jocks not only in 'medical aid' off-white but in royal blue, jet black, and signal-box red .. she insisted I ask whether they would make my "special" ones in the same colour. They did. She thought I looked a treat, the only time I have ever worn any underwear that set her going ... Everything was great until ..

1. They went in the wash (the colour ran) ... bright red . blue / black everything, bras, hankies, blouses, you name it.

2. I was spotted in the gym changing room ... you can bet your life that an XXL jock pouch filled to the brim in brilliant signal box red attracted all the wrong sorts of attention.

3. I wore one with a white (see through) shirt.

Back to the drawing board :mad:

GreenEyes: Max... ok I am seeing your dilema here. I can understand if you are working all day or playing a sport to wear something supportive. I suppose it would be similiar to a very larged breasted woman.

I get the impression you realize it isn't all or nothing at all. The new boxers with the liner is an alternative for those men that want to dress up for an occassion. Did you ever think of just having some underware for sex like most women have lingerie?

If you think about it us women have those cotton granny pants in our drawer. Let's admit it we can't be wearing the thongs, bikinis, boy shorts, lace, silk, and whatever your mind remembers of woman's panties are all the time. I would assume if I asked you what you prefer on your wife you would give me one or several variations. The likelihood of most men saying white cotton panties is not high on the list. (I might live to eat those words thinking about most anything about woman's crotches turns a man on)

If your wife was turned on by those jocks I hope you have wore some boxers or different variations of men's underware to bed then to show yourself off. It does go two ways you know.

Thank you for educating me. I still will take box number one with the boxers. *wink*

I sincerely hope you find a medium here. You are right that comfort comes first.

Max

Sexy Member
Media
Greeneyes,

Thanks.  You have it exactly.  I can no longer get the brightly coloured jockstraps, that company stopped doing "specials" years back, and the present firm I deal with only does them in "surgical support off-white"  :(

I have to wear the things all the time (except in bed LOL), so the way I deal with it is

(1) to make sure the boxers look good, and

(2) to make sure boxers and jock come off together  ;)

As you say, the nearest equivalent has to be the heavy duty underwired bras that very well endowed women need ... the degree to which they can look skimpy and sexy is limited by the fact that they have a job of work to do.

GreenEyes: Max,

A suggestion. If you can only buy them in white what about you dying them to the color of your preference. Dye does not cost a lot of money and besides you might get a little funky with it.