Squirrel1

Worshipped Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Sometimes you might not want to see posts from a certain member and wish you didn’t have to see them. You have the option to Ignore the member. Any posts, by the member, will not show in any thread. You will also not see any PMs from this member.
The easiest way to do this is to click on the member’s profile and select Ignore.

80506F4C-F22B-45C3-9AC6-0DF3706F5DA9.jpeg

If later, you want to unignore the member, click on your profile and select Ignoring.

5F73C2B7-2F3E-4848-A034-9048C15BC9C9.jpeg

A list will appear showing the members you are ignoring. Just select Unignore.

FF6F58FB-4072-4233-A2E5-3BA96558C211.jpeg

Reactions: BATMANG111

Khegan

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Regarding ignoring. I have noticed that if a member replies to someone you have on ignore it shows the reply box with the "You are ignoring" statement, which is fine, but annoying. However, if the member you are ignoring replies to their own thread post it shows the original post along with whatever they replied.

Can this be looked into?

jansport

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Regarding ignoring. I have noticed that if a member replies to someone you have on ignore it shows the reply box with the "You are ignoring" statement, which is fine, but annoying. However, if the member you are ignoring replies to their own thread post it shows the original post along with whatever they replied.

Can this be looked into?
Ignoring a member doesn't seem to be doing anything for me as well. I am still getting notifications from ignored members on threads I am watching and I'm still able to fully see the post on the thread.

Khegan

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Ignoring a member doesn't seem to be doing anything for me as well. I am still getting notifications from ignored members on threads I am watching and I'm still able to fully see the post on the thread.
I have noticed that I don't get new post notifications in my alerts, but if I go to the unwatched threads, it shows there. If I click from there it shows all of the ignored person posts for that page.

LPSG Richard

Worshipped Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
Unsure

Can this be looked into?

I have noticed that I don't get new post notifications in my alerts, but if I go to the unwatched threads, it shows there. If I click from there it shows all of the ignored person posts for that page.

Hello, I am unable to duplicate this issue.. the only issue i was able to find is there seems to be no way to hide ignored content after showing it without fully reloading a thread (this thread specifically)

Does this issue happen with all threads or specific ones?

Khegan

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Hello, I am unable to duplicate this issue.. the only issue i was able to find is there seems to be no way to hide ignored content after showing it without fully reloading a thread (this thread specifically)

I'll work on getting screenshots and PM them to you.

jansport

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight

Here are some screenshots. I would assume that if I’m ignoring a member and they post in a thread I have on my watch list, the thread wouldn’t be highlighted and say “new” whenever they post.

When I go to the thread, their post is also fully visible even though it says “show ignored content” as if it’s supposed to be hidden.

This particular user posts in multiple threads that I watch and I get a notification every time.

Attachments

LPSG Richard

Worshipped Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Here are some screenshots. I would assume that if I’m ignoring a member and they post in a thread I have on my watch list, the thread wouldn’t be highlighted and say “new” whenever they post.

When I go to the thread, their post is also fully visible even though it says “show ignored content” as if it’s supposed to be hidden.

This particular user posts in multiple threads that I watch and I get a notification every time.

Hello,

This turned out to be an issue with the feed vs the ignored user functionality. If you refresh the page, it will rehide the content etc.

I believe we are looking into a solution for this, but I need to follow up on where we are with that

Thanks very much for getting the screen shot